Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:01 am

Hey Ultmetal, here are some recommendations for your great site:

Heavy Bones: a Los Angeles melodic metal dream team with guitar virtuoso Gary Hoey and Frankie Banali on drums (ex-WASP, ex-Quiet Riot) that only released one album at the tail end of the hair metal movement in 1992. This band is criminally underrated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4eBdrrJx2Q

XYZ: just a great hair metal band from the late eighties/early nineties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7H2HBZ8lYU

Asphalt Ballet: they released two albums in the early nineties. I don't care for their second album, but I really like their debut. It's some kind of heavy biker rock n roll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pgUGBXqmPU

ADX: awesome French speed metal!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOtl_GnwAM

Détente: a 1980's thrash metal band with a female vocalist.

Some of the Pantera albums released before 1990 are nothing short of fantastic IMO. Here are two of those albums I own:

Pantera - I Am The Night (1985): This album has Terry Lee on vocals, their first singer. It's like a mix of power metal and glam metal. They also remind me a bit of Priest. The lyrics can be cheesy, but the music rules! Nineteen year old Diamond Darryl tears it up on the guitar. Every song is a killer.

Pantera - Power Metal (1988): Their first album with Phil Anselmo. Anselmo's high pitched vocals are great! Very much in the vein of Rob Halford, unlike his vocals on Vulgar Display Of Power. Burnnn is pure Judas Priest Defenders Of The Faith worship! This is kick-ass in your face 80's heavy metal with quite a few speed and thrash metal influences. Dimebag has said that some of his greatest solos are on this album. I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 9:13 am

Village People
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 10:07 am

Add more Racer X records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Wolfmother like I said in a message that I sent to you.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:00 pm

I'd like to suggest some more stoner rock as well...

sHEAVY
Fu Manchu
Atomic B*tchwax
Nebula
Kyuss (although I think Ult has one already)
Monster Magnet

I'm sure thare are tons of other that folks will mention, but these are just a few that I listen to.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ult opened a can of worms with this one! Haha.

Completely and totally !!!! It's raging !!

lol! lol!

Honestly I looked at his list again and was again beyond blown away by the completeness of it...

Leviticus - 'Live at Bobfest 2005'.... completely blows away their entire previous catalog. Peo sings and is simply awesome. Great Hard Rock/Metal.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:55 pm

on nolife some nwobhm bands like-

vardis
samson (head on)
angel witch
tank
blitzkrieg
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:03 pm

I have a Samson page, but don't have the album "Head On".

I have a Blitzkrieg page.

Yup, need Angel Witch and Tank.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:12 pm

ah i missed the blitzkrieg page. angel witchs debut is still available new i fink. my local cd shop stocks it
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:23 am

MERCENARY on NoLife one of my favorite bands out right now and The Hours that Remain got my album of the year for that year
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:56 am

AIC are exellent! Liked them since '90.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:15 pm

troublezone wrote:

I would agree - Dirt and Facelife are great Metal albums (yes, I consider them Metal, not grunge). In fact, at the time, everyone thought of AIC as metal, not grunge - that label came after the "grunge" label got popular and Metal became a "dirty word" in the US. SoundGarden were considered Metal at one time.

You might want to check out the first 2 Stone Temple Pilot CD's, both are good. I also noticed that you don't have Velvet Revolver on the site either - sold hard rock CD's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
troublezone wrote:

I
would agree - Dirt and Facelife are great Metal albums (yes, I consider
them Metal, not grunge). In fact, at the time, everyone thought of AIC
as metal, not grunge - that label came after the "grunge" label got
popular and Metal became a "dirty word" in the US. SoundGarden were
considered Metal at one time.

You might want to check out the
first 2 Stone Temple Pilot CD's, both are good. I also noticed that you
don't have Velvet Revolver on the site either - sold hard rock
CD's.

The music of Velvet Revolver is OK, but I can't stand the vocals. They need Axl back, or at least someone with more charisma than an old shoe. Not a fan of STP for the same reason.

I guess I'll have to give Alice In Chains another chance, since
most everyone here seems to like them.. I just don't remember digging
them very much. Haven't really heard them in years. Someone wanna send
me a CD? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Facelift and Dirt are awesome albums! Sap and Jar Of Flies are also damn good EPs. I'm not the biggest fan of the self-titled, though. There's something missing from that album that made the others great.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 pm

I think you might like Dirt more than any of them ult. That album does have some really rockin' songs on it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:53 pm

I wonder what Blackmore's Night sounds like...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:57 pm

At the time they came out, I wanted nothing to do with Alice in Chains or any grunge band for that matter. My roommate at the time however played AIC all the time and it eventually wore me down. I've since learned to appreciate them and have been a fan ever since. They are the only band from that genre that I've collected their entire catalog (except for Sap).
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 pm

AXE-an early 80's AOR/metal band....great stuff.

BULLET LAVOLTA- great late 80's/early 90's punk/metal band from Boston.

WARRIOR SOUL- I'm sure I saw someon else mention this earlier in the thread but their first 2 discs are essential metal...

MIND OVER FOUR are also a killerprogressive-ish metal band...their cd "The Goddess" is incredible!!!

JUNKYARD- sleazy biker metal ala 1989...

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:28 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I wonder what Blackmore's Night sounds like...

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:29 pm

Ult, you really should add Def Leppard's Euphoria album. It's the album that contains songs most like their early material. "Paper Sun," "Disintergrate" (a "Switch 625"-like instrumental), "Kings Of Oblivion," "Day After Day," and "Demolition Man" all are very much like their early stuff. The production and harmonies, of course, are not as raw as the early stuff, but they're all excellent rock songs. There are some more modern sounding songs like "All Night" and "21st Century Sha La La La Girl," but they're pretty cool. Then there's the standard ballads, "Guilty" being a Clock song (Vivian Campbell's side project).

I mention this because you seemed to have liked X, even if not a whole lot. Personally, after Euphoria, I was shocked when I heard the glossy radio pap that permeated X. It's the only Def Leppard album I don't really like. I can dig it occasionally, but not often. Euphoria, though, is really good. If you try for it, try to get the version with "I Am Your Child" as a bonus track.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:47 pm

OK, will add that one to my LaLa list.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:35 am

Ult, you gotta hear AIC's demo version of We Die Young(HEAVY). It's on their best of the box copmplation disc.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:39 am

How about that Alice In Chains demo song Fairytale love story from about 1989, thats a great glam song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:42 am

Violent Force's Malevolent Assault Of Tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 3:53 am

Of course there are waaay to many bands out there, impossible to listen to them all.
But there are some that I would say you should add to your impressive collections.
On NLTM:
WHITE LION (always wondered why they are missing?)
WUTHERING HEIGHTS (Power Metal supreme)
ANUBIS GATE (Great Metal with a Queensryche feeling)
ASTRAL DOORS (quality metalwith a DIO clone singing)

On METAL METROPOLIS:
Always wondered why you ignore GIANTS like
DEEP PURPLE
AC/DC
MOTORHEAD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next