Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:59 am

kmorg wrote:
I've tried to turn him on to PM without prevail. He's just not that into prog metal any more Sad

I don't have any Pagan's Mind CDs. Did you send one?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:21 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I've tried to turn him on to PM without prevail. He's just not that into prog metal any more Sad

No, but I've sent you songs on compilation Cd's.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:52 am

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

No, but I've sent you songs on compilation Cd's.

Ohhhh. Embarassed

It's not that I don't like them. I just am unfamiliar with them. If I ever score a full CD, I'm sure I will dig them. I like progressive metal, as long as it's not too light and fluffy, like the recent Kamelot CDs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 am

No light and fluffy with Pagan's Mind. Just think of your favorite Dream Theater album and add more aggression and a more John Cyriis-ish singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 10:50 pm

http://www.myspace.com/steelassassin

I'm surprised you don't have anything by them up on your page, Ult. These guys are from my hometown; they didn't release much back in the day, just a demo in the early 80s, but I've been a fan of related bands for ages now. Back in the 90s they put out a collections album of demos and unreleased stuff, then finally released a full-length through Sentinel Steel this year.

They're definitely worth checking out. I think you'll love 'em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 11:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No light and fluffy with Pagan's Mind. Just think of your favorite Dream Theater album and add more aggression and a more John Cyriis-ish singer.
Pagan's Mind is far more power than prog-metal. I think Ult would really dig them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:45 pm

You should get the latest Soulfly disc "Dark Ages"! Best thing Max has done since Chaos AD maybe Arise even. It's got some real fast and crushing songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:09 pm

troublezone wrote:
You should get the latest Soulfly disc "Dark Ages"! Best thing Max has done since Chaos AD maybe Arise even. It's got some real fast and crushing songs.
Yup. Killer album. There still some of that Soulfly nu-groove on the album in places, but overall it's the best thing Sepultura never did since Max left.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Firewind on Nolife
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 pm

troublezone wrote:
Try Pro-Pain ult. Start with, Foul Taste Of Freedom or Contents Under Pressure. They have a great rhythm sound and they bust out some tastefull lead work too.

I'd like to suggest Pro-Pain as well, Scott. I think you'd dig them. However, I would differ in the suggested albums. If I were you, I'd start with either "Act Of God" or "Round 6". Both are GREAT albums. Some groove mixed with thrash and hardcore. If you like both of those, then you could move backwards through their discography.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Steel Reign.I know Sideshow has mentioned them here before.Change to insane sounds like Practice-era Testament.I believe you would enjoy them Ult

You better believe I've mentioned them! I convinced Kurt to finally pick that album up, and his review of it is rather glowing. Scott, ya gotta get that album (you can get it on CDBaby)!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:19 pm

pro pain is one of my all time fav bands i think Scott would like them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Line Of Fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:28 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Steel Reign.I know
Sideshow has mentioned them here before.Change to insane sounds like
Practice-era Testament.I believe you would enjoy them Ult

You
better believe I've mentioned them! I convinced Kurt to finally pick
that album up, and his review of it is rather glowing. Scott, ya gotta
get that album (you can get it on CDBaby)!

I'll have to look out for them.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Line Of Fire Very Happy

Who? scratch

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Line Of Fire Very Happy

Who? scratch

I have to say the same thing:

Who? scratch
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 pm

Gotta ask Ult were's the Cult's Electric album from 1987. I'm sure you would be familiar with it, no fan of classic metal i know of has ever knocked back this classic hard rock album. Take the Doors, Led Zeppelin and a whole lotta AC/DC and you get Electric. And it sounds like it was recorded in the heyday of classic hard rock, the mid 70's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Yup, have heard it. Don't own it yet. Donations accepted. Smile

ult

Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:55 am

For Both:

Melvins- mixture of like early metallica, hard rock, some grunge, and zappa style lyrics

Electric Wizard-Crushing Doom Metal

High On Fire-Speedy/Sludgy Motorhed-esque
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:18 am

Angel Witch
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Line Of Fire Very Happy

Who? scratch

Who? scratch

I was just kidding bro. Line of Fire is a melodic rock band that Shawn
sings for. Shawn formerly sang for bands like Oracle, K-Octave,
Trampled Underfoot and even for October 31st for a spell.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 am

White_Mage wrote:
For Both:

Melvins

Remember hearing a cool KISS song by them. I believe it was "Going Blind".

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:44 pm

ULT i noticed u dont have a lot of Female fronted bands. There are some pretty good ones out there like Nightwish, Echoes of Eternity, Sirenia, Edenbridge, Sonata NocturnA, and some more i cant seem to remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Line Of Fire Very Happy

Who? scratch

Who? scratch

I was just kidding bro. Line of Fire is a melodic rock band that Shawn
sings for. Shawn formerly sang for bands like Oracle, K-Octave,
Trampled Underfoot and even for October 31 for a spell.

I knew you were kidding Ult...thanks for responding for Ace...

And it's "October Thirty-One"...not "October Thirty-first"... 🤘
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Fear Factory - like or dislike?   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Hey Ult,

How about Fear Factory, especially their first album Soul of a New Machine? I think you'll like some of it and they were still more of the death metal sound here than they were starting with the industrial sounds of their second album Demanufacture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next