Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 4:33 am

Oops, i didn't realize that i misspelled the word compilation. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 am

TRANCE/TRANCEMISSION from Germany. One of the first german heavy metal bands around (together with ACCEPT and STEELER).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 am

Try getting some Buckethead man!
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 am

Flotsam & Jetsam is a significant absentee from Metal Metropolis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:29 am

Olafsto wrote:
ASTRAL DOORS (quality metalwith a DIO clone singing)
I second this recommendation, Ult. You'd absolutely love this band.

EDIT: Ult, here's two samples (WHAM! was a joke recommendation, hope you didn't go out and buy any albums):

Def Leppard - Day After Day (from Euphoria)
Astral Doors - Cloudbreaker (from Of The Son And The Father and Cloudbreaker)
Astral Doors - Fear In Their Eyes (from Evil Is Forever)

Of The Son And The Father and Cloudbreaker are the same albums; Cloudbreaker is simply the name given to the Japanese version, although it does have two bonus tracks, so that's the version you'd want to get. Also, though they don't openly say it, their lyrics are very Christian-like, kind of like Helloween—clearly religious, but it's not an overt part of the band; it's just there.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:38 am

Yeah Astral Doors are great, fine old school euro power metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 am

rattpoison wrote:
Yeah Astral Doors are great, fine old school euro power metal.
I view them more as a heavy rock band than a metal band, but I wouldn't argue the metal tag.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 am

I second the motion for Buckethead, however I'm not entirely sure that'd be your thing. Anyway, my main recommendations would be;
Tribuzy - Nice and aggressive power metal with some great guest appearances such as Bruce Dickinson, Michael Kiske and Kiko Loureiro.
Shaman / Shaaman - Very good melodic power metal that is understandably somewhat Angra-esque, as it has three ex-Angra members in its ranks.
Paul Gilbert - I'm pretty surprised you don't have any of his solo stuff actually.
Skyclad - I'm not entirely sure whether or not this would be your thing. On the one hand, a lot of it is somewhere between thrash and traditional heavy metal with Martin Walkyr of Sabbat fame on vocals. Then at times it's somewhat jig-inducing, with fiddles supplementing the guitar. Perhaps worth a gander?

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I guess I'll have to give Alice In Chains another chance, since most everyone here seems to like them.. I just don't remember digging them very much. Haven't really heard them in years. Someone wanna send me a CD? Very Happy
Gotcha covered man. I'll burn the first two AIC full lengths for you and send them with your next package (I'll burn you the two Soundgarden cd's I mentioned too) Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 5:09 pm

Smindas wrote:
Skyclad - I'm not entirely sure whether or not this would be your thing. On the one hand, a lot of it is somewhere between thrash and traditional heavy metal with Martin Walkyr of Sabbat fame on vocals. Then at times it's somewhat jig-inducing, with fiddles supplementing the guitar. Perhaps worth a gander?

I'd be willing to bet that Ult would enjoy their first 4 albums or so. The Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth, A Burnt Offering For The Bone Idol, Prince Of The Poverty Line, and Jonah's Ark are all pretty much thrash with a smattering of folk influences. The Silent Whales Of Lunar Sea is kinda of mish-mash of heavy / thrash / folk metal. After that, they drop most of the thrash sound.

This band drives UncleSaxon batty. Too "pretentious" for him!lol!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 pm

I've never owned any AIC discs, but I've dug that song 'Down in a Hole'.... a great rock/metal tune.....

Hey Ult just listen to some of the clips on Amazon....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Alice In Chains' DIRT is mandatory listening. Simply a great rock album through and through.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 6:53 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that Ult would enjoy their first 4 albums or so. The Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth, A Burnt Offering For The Bone Idol, Prince Of The Poverty Line, and Jonah's Ark are all pretty much thrash with a smattering of folk influences. The Silent Whales Of Lunar Sea is kinda of mish-mash of heavy / thrash / folk metal. After that, they drop most of the thrash sound.
Yeah, that sounds fair. I can't see Ult enjoying something like A Semblance of Nromality all that much, for instance.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 am

Skyclad. Got it.

I'm also adding Holy Terror to my want list. Thanks.

I'll wait on the burns from Trog to check out Alice in Chains.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Alice In Chains' DIRT is mandatory listening. Simply a great rock album through and through.

I have to look for a used copy. I've heard 'Man in a Box' forever, which has grown on me, but 'Down in A hole'..... great tune....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:37 am

I hope your wife doesn't see this thread. Even my pocketbook hurts just reading the thing. affraid
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:17 am

What about Billy Idol? I know you liked that one track he did with Iommi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Try buying some Captain Beefheart, its delta blues, but sick and twisted! Trout Mask Replica!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Well, Billy Idol surely isn't like that song at all. He does have some very good albums, though, especially the last one.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Well, Billy Idol surely isn't like that song at all. He does have some very good albums, though, especially the last one.

True, he is a good artist regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Mercyful Fate is missing from Metal Metropolis.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:12 pm

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Quote :
This band drives UncleSaxon batty. Too "pretentious" for him!

Don't get me started....
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:23 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
This band drives UncleSaxon batty. Too "pretentious" for him!

Don't get me started....

Laughing very hard Almost gets his goat as badly as "fruity" power metal bands!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Ult...you oughta track down HALL AFLAME. They put out 1 cd in 1991 called "Guaranteed Forever"...it was Kurdt vanderhoof's foray into I guess what he thought was slightly sleazy biker metal....but it's a little too heavy for that....but a little too dirty and rought for "traditional" metal...great disc though....alot like WAR BABIES but heavier....

I got it from lala but see they always have it at second spin for like $3 or less.....

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next