Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
GODSMACK
I've heard several songs from them. They play them constantly on the local Clear Channel rock station (94 Rock). That one song that starts off with just vocals and something like "...I'm not the one...". That song irritates me! Can't stand it. One of their newer singles, a song that starts off with some heavy guitars and harmonica, is at least tolerable. There is just something about those vocals though...

I'll burn you Faceless when i send out those Di'Anno boots.

Yeah, that song was on their first album... but Faceless is nothing like that song. His vocals are much improved.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Godsmack (Get the Faceless album, doesn't have as many "modern" pollutants and is a very rocking album!)

I ended up getting their first 2 albums off Lala, and they aren't quite what I remember. I saw your point on the vocals, I turned them off and will probably retrade them.

I still stand by my Faceless suggestion though, I honestly beleive you'd enjoy that one.

Is that their most recent?

ult
No. IV is their most recent. Godsmack is a good band, I enjoy them, but they're not very diverse. It's not that every album sounds the same, it's just that every album sounds exactly like Godsmack, if that makes sense. I don't see how Faceless can be suggested over any other album. If you're going to like one Godsmack album, you're going to like them all. But Faceless does have "I Stand Alone" on it, which has a monstrously badass riff. I love that song.

But ult, I honestly don't know if these guys are a band you should go out of your way to find. I assume you've heard a Godsmack song before, right? If so, you know what to expect with every album. The Other Side EP, though, is not the same. It's more like Alice In Chains' Sap or Jar Of Flies EPs, acoustic and mellow. It's really good, though.

Anyway, that's my opinion. They're a really good but not groundbreaking or very dynamic band.

I always thought Faceless was miles away from their first two and last...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:52 am

For NoLifeTilMetal:
Absence, The
At Vance

For MetalMetropolis:
Heavens Gate
Mob Rules

For both:
Amon Amarth
Enter Chaos
Imagika
Maroon
Meldrum
Satyricon
Secret Sphere
Skew Siskin
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 pm

ghost wrote:

For MetalMetropolis:
Heavens Gate
Mob Rules

Yeah, these bands are right up my alley, so it wouldn't surprise me if they entered my site at some point. Just never got around to buy any of their albums yet

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
GODSMACK
I've heard several songs from them. They play them constantly on the local Clear Channel rock station (94 Rock). That one song that starts off with just vocals and something like "...I'm not the one...". That song irritates me! Can't stand it. One of their newer singles, a song that starts off with some heavy guitars and harmonica, is at least tolerable. There is just something about those vocals though...

Yeah, that song was on their first album... but Faceless is nothing like that song. His vocals are much improved.
Improved? He's not changed one bit! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
GODSMACK

Improved? He's not changed one bit! Haha.

Well maybe they don't seem so buried or something, it sounds different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:48 am

Well, my old band Enter Self is missing... I could send you a copy. It sounded GREAT when we left Morrisound, but the label sent it to a sub standard manufacturer and it came back muffled and muddy. It's an okay disc in my opinion, but I can get it to you for review if you wish. I still have a few copies and apparently it's out of print. Just send me a PM with your address and I'll send it out!

God Bless!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 pm

T. Walker wrote:
Well, my old band Enter Self is missing... I could send you a copy. It sounded GREAT when we left Morrisound, but the label sent it to a sub standard manufacturer and it came back muffled and muddy. It's an okay disc in my opinion, but I can get it to you for review if you wish. I still have a few copies and apparently it's out of print. Just send me a PM with your address and I'll send it out!

God Bless!

Will do.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 pm

I'd love to have one too, bro. I'll pm you.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:20 pm

How about Therapy? - I only have one of their cd's (troublegum) - good cd

Or Rage Against The Machine - their first CD is a great album (the one I listen to the most)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
How about Therapy? - I only have one of their cd's (troublegum) - good cd
One of my all-time favorite bands! Not a bad CD in their discography! And they're always changing it up a bit, so no two albums really sound the same. Outstanding band!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:31 am

Hmmm, read a few reviews of Therapy?. I'd have to hear some before I purchased something from them. The reviews didn't sound like somthing that I would like. I checked out the band web site. Will listen to some samples though.

http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/audio/

First song up, Gimme Back My Brain (2:36)

Next, Sprung & Dance.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:32 am

Stupid sound samples on their site are too dang short! angry

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 pm

ULT - A few Therapy? videos - first is a cover of Black Night with a "special guest" on vocals. The last two are videos from the Troublegum album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLVZFOf7BA&mode=related&search=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVsIvvFtcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bcpj-q0Snc&mode=related&search=
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 3:30 am

There is no review on Nolifetilmetal for Rush - Grace Under Pressure and there definitely should be because it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:49 am

spiritoradio wrote:
There is no review on Nolifetilmetal for Rush - Grace Under Pressure and there definitely should be because it's awesome.

Haven't listened to that CD in ages. I'll have to dig it out and give it a spin. Usually when I am in a Rush mood, I go for something from their 70's catalog.

ult
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:43 am

Hey Scott, you might wanna try Porcupine Tree. They're a English Progressive Rock band, they have some pretty good music.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:51 am

Porcupine Tree is a great suggestion. A very interesting band indeed.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:41 pm

[quote="ultmetal]Haven't listened to that CD in ages. I'll have to dig it out and give it a spin. Usually when I am in a Rush mood, I go for something from their 70's catalog.

ult[/quote]

Most people do, me included, but sometimes I'll grab disc like Roll The Bones or Retrospective, Vol. 2 on a whim and enjoy it just as much as Farewell or Fly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:00 am

How about some Johnny Winter, Scott?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:18 am

i would not bother with godsmack scott they are terrible
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:09 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Johnny Winter, and for that matter, Edgar Winter are definite considerations. I've liked their music for years. Use to own stuff on vinyl and sold them back in 1990-91. Have yet to purchase any CDs to replace those old vinyls.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Johnny Winter, and for that matter, Edgar Winter are definite considerations. I've liked their music for years. Use to own stuff on vinyl and sold them back in 1990-91. Have yet to purchase any CDs to replace those old vinyls.

I just got his live album on vinyl, I already love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:45 am

A couple I saw missing from No Life Til Metal are:

My Silent Wake (it bears repeating) - Ian Arkley's newest project. Beautifully done early My Dying Bride/Paradise Lost-type metal.
http://www.myspace.com/mysilentwake

Pagan's Mind - Awesome progressive metal from Norway
http://www.pagansmind.com/media_sub/media_mp3.htm

Runemagick - The best doomdeath band I have ever heard
http://www.runemagick.se/site/index.php?section=downloads%20-%20mp3
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:58 am

I've tried to turn him on to PM without prevail. He's just not that into prog metal any more Sad

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next