Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 am

I got one

Porcupine Tree
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:04 am

Sabbath related

Tony Martin solo
Bill Ward solo
Badlands

And...

Al Atkins Wink
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:04 am

ACID BATH**
HANOI ROCKS**
LIFE SEX & DEATH (I think Trog mentioned this classic)+
NEW YORK DOLLS**
ROCK CITY ANGELS**
ROXANNE +
TAD**
TOM WAITS**
JOHNNY CASH**
RAIL**
EYES (w/ Jeff Scott Soto)+
DRIVE**
ONLY LIVING WITNESS**
ROUGH CUTT**
KICK AXE +
TOWERS OF LONDON**
THE WILDHEARTS**

**= still in print, recently re-issued, or easily found on ebay, Amazon or elsewhere.

+= Might want to take out a small loan:)

Last edited by on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:07 am

I have the first New York Dolls CD on NLTM.

Rock City Angels, I have bid on that one on Ebay a few times. Haven't won it yet.

Johnny Cash. As much as I admire him as a performer, I'm not a fan of his music.

Hanoi Rocks may be a possibility for the future. I've owened several of their CDs over the years, but always manage to trade them for stuff I am wanting more.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:11 am

ROCK CITY ANGELS was recently re-released and can be easily obtained on Amazon...

HANOI ROCKS are great...

I may be able to hook you up with some of the bands I mentioned...I'll keep my eyes open...

I'm going to edit my list and * the ones you can find really cheap....if that helps....

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:48 am

GWAR

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
GWAR

My son really wants me to add GWAR too.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:18 am

I'd suggest Scumdogs Of The Universe, America Must Be Destroyed, and their latest album Beyond Hell.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:23 am

Seconding the vote for GWAR!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:25 am

Oh, and the opening track on the album War Party, called Bring Back The Bomb, is one heck of a thrasher!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:41 pm

For kmorg

FINISH YOUR BLACK SABBATH COLLECTION angry Get the Black Box Boxset (Scott, you might consider getting it too... everything has been remastered very well)

Al Atkins
Danzig
Halford
more Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Lynard Skynard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Temple of Brutality, I am unfamiliar with. I'll look into them.
The Cult might work. I like the album "Electric".

I have a copy of the Temple Of Brutality disc if you are interested, Ult... maybe we can work a trade...

You gotta get some Cult too. ELECTRIC is a great one, as are SONIC TEMPLE and BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL. They have a new one coming out in September too, I'm psyched!! happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Atheist
Pestilence

If you like Death's mid period stuff, give these guys a go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Burning Point

Godiva

Messiah's Kiss

Rebellion

these are my four recommendations for both sites.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:12 pm

I think you need to reconsider adding Alice in Chains. Just listen to the songs We Die Young and Them Bones and tell me it's not heavy metal. They're just as heavy as any Danzig i'll tell you that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:40 pm

The german thrash band Darkness. I have heard some of there stuff and they are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Nocturnus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIcUADLcNQ&mode=related&search=

I don't think your gonna like the lyrics though as they would be what you would call insipid. A cross between sci-fi and satanic. I only like them because the music rules and the lead guitar is exellent.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:06 pm

I always thought that musically Nocturnus - The Key was a phenominal, borderline genius album. Lyrically, though, a lot of their songs left something to be desired, to put it mildly.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ALICE IN CHAINS pass. Not a fan.
Really? Have you heard Facelift and Dirt? I would think that you might particularly like Dirt. Their first couple albums were closer to metal than their later stuff.

ultmetal wrote:
ANGEL WITCH this one is a possibility
Their s/t debut is essential. Great sound! Didn't I send you a cdr?

ultmetal wrote:
BEACH BOYS might consider Pet Sounds.
Yeah, that's an essential classic.

ultmetal wrote:
THE BEATLES my son is a big fan. Plays their stuff all the time. I'm just not a big fan, although I respect them for their historical importance.
OK, I'll let you slide on this one. Wink

ultmetal wrote:
BLIND FAITH I do really need to get their one album.
Awesome album. A true classic.

ultmetal wrote:
BLOODROCK this is a possibility
Yeah, they were pretty cool. Their song "D.O.A." from the Bloodrock 2 album ranks up there with the creepiest sounding songs of all time. Shocked

ultmetal wrote:
BLUE CHEER this is a possibility
At the very least, you gotta get Vincebus Eruptum (the actual beginning of heavy metal, IMO) and I would think The Beast is Back: The Megaforce Years might be to your liking also.

ultmetal wrote:
CREAM Yes, this is a glaring hole in the collection for sure.
I have a 4 disc box set called Those Were the Days which has their entire recorded output. A great collection.

ultmetal wrote:
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL like 'em. Saw them live. Not a big fan though.
Really? You saw them with John Fogerty singing? scratch I don't think they've played live together since the very early 70's, but there was a "reunion" where the bassist and drummer went out as CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVISITED a while ago.

ultmetal wrote:
IRON BUTTERFLY In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida honey...
Essential, IMO. Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 309780

ultmetal wrote:
THE OBSESSED just traded off an Obsessed CD. Like them, but was offered a CD I was looking for in trade.
Which album did you have? I would recommend the s/t debut as the best, with the second one, Lunar Womb, being the next best. Incarnate is also a good posthumous release of their early singles and other material.

ultmetal wrote:
SAINT VITUS yup. need some.
Yeah, pretty much all of them! Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 309780

ultmetal wrote:
SAMSON I have Samson.
You do? Oops, sorry. Musta missed 'em. Embarassed

ultmetal wrote:
SLADE yes.
My personal faves are Slayed? and Slade Alive!

ultmetal wrote:
SOLITUDE AETURNUS next update.
Cool. Which one(s) did you get?

ultmetal wrote:
SOUNDGARDEN not a fan.
Have you ever heard Ultramega OK or Louder Than Love? LTL is the one I would most recommend. I don't care as much for their "popular" output, but these two early ones are pretty good.

ultmetal wrote:
STEELER if you are talking about Ron Keel's Steeler, then I want some of them bad. Just don't have any yet.
Yeah, their s/t debut is a certified closet classic.

ultmetal wrote:
STEPPENWOLF use to have 'em on vinyl. So many CDs, so little room left in my house. LOL!
Yeah, no doubt! There's a great double disc collection called Gold that is part of a series of many artists, and it only takes up one little wafer thin slot in your collection! What a Face

ultmetal wrote:
STYX see above comments on Steppenwolf.
The Grand Illusion, Paradise Theater and Pieces of Eight would be my first choices. I also have a comp that's pretty good.

ultmetal wrote:
U2 ICK!!!! Pass.
Really? Well that's just downright unpatriotic, I'm afraid. Evil or Very Mad Razz

ultmetal wrote:
VANDENBERG you know, I had one of his CDs and recently traded it off for something rare I was looking for. It didn't really do much for me. Liked him back in the day though.
I liked the s/t debut quite a bit. It always reminded me of Michael Schenker for some reason.

ultmetal wrote:
EDGAR WINTER GROUP Yes to both Edgar and Johnny.
JOHNNY WINTER
Yeah. To date, I only have They Only Come Out at Night by Edgar, and a Blues comp of Johnny. Good stuff.

ultmetal wrote:
WISHBONE ASH Had a greatest hits collection. Traded it. Might add some someday.
Argus is essential, but you can't really go wrong with the first four albums.

ultmetal wrote:
WITCHFINDER GENERAL Yes
I can make you an anthology if you want. I have everything except for one live track from one of the Soviet Invasion EP.

Last edited by on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 pm

No Morbid Angel Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Krux

Therion - at least prior to the two most recent albums.

Last edited by on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Ult opened a can of worms with this one! Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:35 am

sovdat wrote:
Holy Moses?
yep yep Cool

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I got one

Porcupine Tree

Excellent choice. I love that band!!

Here is also a couple more:

The Sword
Type O Negative
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:10 am

Its great to see the positive responses on Alice In Chains. The people have spoken Ult, why no Alice In Chains. What is it you don't like about them? They are one of the greatest Classic (I can say that because its been nearly 20 years since their first album) Metal bands. I would put them with the King's X side of metal as hard to classify but a dark band that has soaring uplifting harmonies, a great knack for songwriting with brilliant guitar solos.
Heres a classic video of We Die Young off the album Facelift (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIAaJcc0I0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next