Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com

Go down 
+33
ghost
the sentinel
T-Roy
kmorg
novellahub
Lurideath
bgast1
Smindas
Trial by Fire
krokus
Olafsto
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
rattpoison
spiritoradio
Troublezone
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
sovdat
Temple of Blood
mc666
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 10:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
BON
JOVI DUDE?!?!?!?! COME ON, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A ROCK GOD
HERE!!!

Ehhhhh, no. Cool

Thats terrible, you should be ashamed yourself. fainting

Metal-Metropolis
has a Bon Jovi page. I doubt you'll ever see a Bon Jovi page on NLTM. I
just don't care for him at all. Maybe it's my New Jersey upbringing or
something, but the guy grates on me.

LMAO @ "grates"Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 706602
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 1:08 pm

krokus wrote:
ULTMETAL, the first two BON JOVI albums are great. Just pure melodic hard rock/metal. Forget about NEW JERSEY but even their thirt album is okay only with more hits on it. My fave BON JOVI album will be always 7800 FAHRENHEIT.

Wow, that is the one album the band themselves doesn't even like! They don't even play songs from that album live anymore.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:42 pm

krokus wrote:
ULTMETAL, the first two BON JOVI albums are great. Just pure melodic hard rock/metal. Forget about NEW JERSEY but even their thirt album is okay only with more hits on it. My fave BON JOVI album will be always 7800 FAHRENHEIT.

"Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, darling you gave looooove, a bad name..."

I've always despised Bon Jovi. However, I use to despise Slaughter and similar teen teaser Winger too. Anyone wanna send me a Bon Jovi disc to review. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:48 pm

Put it on your lala list you'll get it in about a day....

I always dug the s/t debut disc....that's it....they were still a little raw....almost even flirting with heavy.

"Runaway"..."She Don't Know Me"....

However if you add any BON JOVI...you may as well add ALDO NOVA or LOVERBOY and hand in your testicles at the door Smile*

just kidding.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 pm

KMORG, i didnt know that BON JOVI dont like their second album. Shame on them lol.
ULTMETAL, i hope that soon you will get 7800 FAHRENHEIT and that you make a review. Will be nice to know if today you like them more then you did in the past.
SHINEY, i love ALDO NOVA and LOVERBOY. They were great and should be on ULTMETAL and KMORG list.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 pm

I like those bands too....I was just poking some fun...

They all are great hard rock acts but none are very metal...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Shiney wrote:
I like those bands too....I was just poking some fun...

They all are great hard rock acts but none are very metal...

I know but for me hard rock is part of our metal movement. Same with ASIA, JOURNEY, SURVIVOR, NIGHT RANGER, SURGIN etc...all great bands with great songs, guitar riffs, guys with long hair and kicking ass. HAIL TO YOU SHINEY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:04 pm

I got Bon Jovi's discography through lala in about 2 weeks. Haha. I was a closet fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Aldo Nova is/was completely under-rated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Why dont you get some Bathory?? How bout this NWOBHM band called Ethel the Frog? They have a killer cover of Eleanor Rigby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:05 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Why dont you get some Bathory?? How bout this NWOBHM band called Ethel the Frog? They have a killer cover of Eleanor Rigby

I was thinking about getting a Bathory album, either Under The Sign... or Blood Fire Death, but instead got Kreator's Endless Pain.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:11 am

thrashmetalhead wrote:
defender_of_the_faith wrote:

I was thinking about getting a Bathory album, either Under The Sign... or Blood Fire Death, but instead got Kreator's Endless Pain.
either one is a great buy.. but you should really make that Bathory the next purchase. the first 3 Bathory albums are f*cking essential.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 5:58 am

Try Pro-Pain ult. Start with, Foul Taste Of Freedom or Contents Under Pressure. They have a great rhythm sound and they bust out some tastefull lead work too.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:44 pm

nolifetilmetal: White Lion
HOW COULD YOU NOT!!!!! Have you no respect for one hit wonder wannabe bands from the 80's??? Seriously there first one sucked so bad......I traded it to this hot stoner girl at school for Poison! Thought it might lead to something....WHIFFF-STRIKE! NADDA.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 am

Did you ever get a listen to the Velvet Revolver albums Scott?

The first one has a few decent songs on it and the second one is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:05 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Did you ever get a listen to the Velvet Revolver albums Scott?

The first one has a few decent songs on it and the second one is pretty good.

Don't dig Scott Weiland's vocals at all. Don't like Stone Temple Pilot either.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 am

Ult,

I read your review of Soulmotor and thought you might like Bar 7's The World is a Freak. This was Jeff Keith & Tommy Skeoch's band during their time away from Tesla. With Keith's vocals, it pretty much sounds like an unreleased Tesla album. I think of all the post-Tesla stuff the band members put out, Bar 7 was the most Tesla-like.

P.S. I see you found the Joe Perry pic in the album I sent. Cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ult,

I read your review of Soulmotor and thought you might like Bar 7's The World is a Freak. This was Jeff Keith & Tommy Skeoch's band during their time away from Tesla. With Keith's vocals, it pretty much sounds like an unreleased Tesla album. I think of all the post-Tesla stuff the band members put out, Bar 7 was the most Tesla-like.

Yup, cool pic. Had to scan that one in. Thanks.

I saw Bar 7 in concert. They were opening for Dio or Judas Priest or someone at a club here in Albuquerque. They came off at the show as "alternative rock". Is that what they sound like on disc?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Quote :
I saw Bar 7 in concert. They were opening for Dio or Judas Priest or someone at a club here in Albuquerque. They came off at the show as "alternative rock". Is that what they sound like on disc?

Nah, I don't hear alt-rock at all. Sure, it might have a few more modern touches to it, but I think it sounds as good as any Tesla release. Most, if not all, of the songs were written by Keith & Skeoch. I never heard Soulmotor, but I had the Moon Dog Mane album, and I think Bar 7 was better. But hey, that's just my opinion. Anyone else hear this? Eyesore, I'm looking in your direction.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 8:58 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Godsmack (Get the Faceless album, doesn't have as many "modern" pollutants and is a very rocking album!)

I ended up getting their first 2 albums off Lala, and they aren't quite what I remember. I saw your point on the vocals, I turned them off and will probably retrade them.

I still stand by my Faceless suggestion though, I honestly beleive you'd enjoy that one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Godsmack (Get the Faceless album, doesn't have as many "modern" pollutants and is a very rocking album!)

I ended up getting their first 2 albums off Lala, and they aren't quite what I remember. I saw your point on the vocals, I turned them off and will probably retrade them.

I still stand by my Faceless suggestion though, I honestly beleive you'd enjoy that one.

Is that their most recent?

ult
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ult,

Yup, cool pic. Had to scan that one in. Thanks.

Alt-rock? No way. They sound like Tesla to me. Maybe a bit more modern in style, but not alt-rock. I imagine any Tesla fan would like them.

And by the way, if you do add them to your site, they were known as Sofa King first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Is that their most recent?

ult
No. IV is their most recent. Godsmack is a good band, I enjoy them, but they're not very diverse. It's not that every album sounds the same, it's just that every album sounds exactly like Godsmack, if that makes sense. I don't see how Faceless can be suggested over any other album. If you're going to like one Godsmack album, you're going to like them all. But Faceless does have "I Stand Alone" on it, which has a monstrously badass riff. I love that song.

But ult, I honestly don't know if these guys are a band you should go out of your way to find. I assume you've heard a Godsmack song before, right? If so, you know what to expect with every album. The Other Side EP, though, is not the same. It's more like Alice In Chains' Sap or Jar Of Flies EPs, acoustic and mellow. It's really good, though.

Anyway, that's my opinion. They're a really good but not groundbreaking or very dynamic band.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:18 pm

GODSMACK
I've heard several songs from them. They play them constantly on the local Clear Channel rock station (94 Rock). That one song that starts off with just vocals and something like "...I'm not the one...". That song irritates me! Can't stand it. One of their newer singles, a song that starts off with some heavy guitars and harmonica, is at least tolerable. There is just something about those vocals though...

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah, that mellow song would be "Voodoo." I like it, but guarantee you that if I heard it on the radio all the time I'd hate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com   Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing on NoLifeTilMetal.com OR MetalMetropolis.com
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next