Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

Last seen movies - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm

The American- If I would have known more about it I would not have gone. Slow and depressing ending, didn't realize the nudity factor Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:22 am

"Dark Harvest 3: Scarecrow" -- ugh. Y'know, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard to make a halfway decent killer-scarecrow slasher film, but this flick half-asses it from the get go. "Dark Harvest 3: Scarecrow" has cheap sets, cheap costumes, absolutely atrocious acting, and a near-complete lack of story. There are a few decent bits-o-gore & one gratuitous boob shot, but even that isn't enough to save this from getting an "AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE" rating from me.

Remember folks, I watch these kinds of movies so you don't have to. I'm performing a public service. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:47 am

Rewatched 'Falling Down' last night, excellent movie and great performance from Michael Douglas
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 am

The Crazies

Not what I was expecting at all.It wasnt a bad movie just not the killing and gore that I expected.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
The Crazies

Not what I was expecting at all.It wasnt a bad movie just not the killing and gore that I expected.

It was much better than I expected.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
The Crazies

It was much better than I expected.

It was pretty good,just not the movie I was expecting to see.It seems like they left the ending open for a sequel.What do you think Toho?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 am

I don't think so. I think the ending sort of nicked the ending of Return Of The Living Dead. The military nukes the whole area.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 am

The Bruce Willis flick - Surrogates. Pretty good film
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think so. I think the ending sort of nicked the ending of Return Of The Living Dead. The military nukes the whole area.

Yeah but the initiate containment protocol in the lower right corner for the next town they were headed to had me thinking otherwise.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Clash of the Titans (remake). Ye gods (no pun intended) did this suck. Good thing we only paid a dollar to Redbox it.

Command Performance. Die Hard at a rock concert, with Dolph Lundgren playing the drummer of a lousy Russian nu-metal band that's playing an anti-poverty festival in Moscow. The problem is that the headliner is an American pop princess of whom the Russian president's teenaged daughters are huge fans, so the prez and the girls are attending and they're taken hostage by bitter ex-Soviets (along with neo-Nazis and shady CIA agents, I guess these guys are the most politically correct movie villains out there right now). Dolph is the only one free because he had snuck into a bathroom to smoke a joint while the terrorists were taking over.

It's entertaining enough but there's this nagging feeling that it's not quite as entertaining as it really should have been, probably because despite being a skilled drummer in real life, Dolph doesn't seem entirely comfortable saying lines like "Watch the hair, dude!" In one scene he kills a guy with a guitar, and in another scene he saves a couple of people on stage by blasting the gunmen's ears with a power chord but other than that it's mostly just straight-up machine gun and knife action.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Dororo

Combination horror, martial arts, fantasy movie. With some comedy thrown in. Cheesy fun.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah but the initiate containment protocol in the lower right corner for the next town they were headed to had me thinking otherwise.

Geez guys, way to ruin the movie for those of us who haven't seen it yet. Ever heard of a "Spoiler Warning?" Last seen movies - Page 28 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Geez guys, way to ruin the movie for those of us who haven't seen it yet. Ever heard of a "Spoiler Warning?" Last seen movies - Page 28 19976

Sorry. I guess I assumed everyone had either seen the remake or the original. Not that it's that big of a spoiler; the ending is telegraphed pretty early in the movie IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Shallow Hal

Major League starring exact33's arm!

I was watching it on Versus, so it had all the edits (I own this on DVD, I always do that where I watch a movie on tv and I own the movie, lame) Anyways, one of the edits they had was when Harris says "Jesus Christ" to Serrano in the locker room. Instead of saying "Jesus Christ" he says "Judas Priest!" lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm

The 'burbs
Food Of The Gods
High Sierra

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 am

The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Curse of the Swamp Creature - horrible, horrible cheesy nonsense from the 60's or 70's.

Yikes.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Curse of the Swamp Creature - horrible, horrible cheesy nonsense from the 60's or 70's.

Yikes.

What did you do? Get that in a swap with Fat Freddy? Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_wink or was it a MST3000 sendup.

WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD - the MST3000 version...... ugh an awful movie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Laserblast

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Quote :
What did you do? Get that in a swap with Fat Freddy? or was it a MST3000 sendup.

No, we get the channel now on rabbit ears called This and they're entire schtick seems to be cheesy, obscure movies (for the most part). They seem to do theme weeks, and this week it's cheesy Monster/Sci-Fi movies and Blaxploitation films.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

chewie wrote:
What did you do? Get that in a swap with Fat Freddy? or was it a MST3000 sendup.

Laughing very hard Nope, wasn't me, man. I never even heard of that flick.

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No, we get the channel now on rabbit ears called This and they're entire schtick seems to be cheesy, obscure movies (for the most part). They seem to do theme weeks, and this week it's cheesy Monster/Sci-Fi movies and Blaxploitation films.

Dang, that sounds sweet. Wish I got that channel. Sad

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:11 pm

By the way, I thought about FF constantly while watching this movie. It's exactly the kind of mindless goofiness that ( by the way, 12 of us could get together and make a movie that would be 100x better) Freddy likes to suffer through.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 pm

manny wrote:
Rewatched 'Falling Down' last night, excellent movie and great performance from Michael Douglas

Yep, I really enjoyed that one, he looks like the perfect good guy, yet he does all this ridiculous stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
By the way, I thought about FF constantly while watching this movie. It's exactly the kind of mindless goofiness that ( by the way, 12 of us could get together and make a movie that would be 100x better) Freddy likes to suffer through.

Laughing very hard I'm touched.

Let me clarify something, though: I don't exactly "like" to suffer through bad movies. I don't go out of my way to find stuff that's going to suck. I do, however, tend to enjoy low budget "B" fare more than megabuck major studio projects most of the time. The problem is, traveling thru the "B" section/bargain bins is kinda like walking thru a field of land mines. You never know when you're gonna step on a bomb. Laughing

I do tend to sit and watch unknown "B's" with lowered expectations anyway, so most times I'm not disappointed. I've even found some damn good stuff. On the other hand, occasionally I will find a movie that is so godawfully bad (i.e. "Dark Harvest 3," "Carnage," etc.) that simply making it thru the entire film becomes a whole 'nother kind of viewing experience.

Most people, when faced with an utterly worthless movie, will simply say "Ahhh, this sucks" and turn it off. I believe that I suffer from a sort of Movie Watcher's O.C.D., in which I feel that I HAVE to watch a movie thru to the end, no matter HOW bad it is. I can honestly count the # of movies I've bailed out on over the years on one hand. Somewhere in the back of my mind I guess I fear that if I quit on a film before the ending, that I'll always wonder how it ended and it'll bug the hell out of me. It's irrational, I know, and probably totally ridiculous, but that's the reason why I continue to endure such piles of cinematic trash against all of my better judgment.

Besides, it's fun to trash those crappy movies all over this board and elsewhere on the Internet once they're done. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Hey ! I caught that same flick on our This a couple weeks ago (although I missed the ending). They show some pretty cool movies every Saturday night giving me a tough choice because it overlaps with Wolfman Mac's Chllier Drive-In (or whatever it's called) and the It's Alive Show (both show b-movie horror).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next