Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Last seen movies - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm

mc666 wrote:
The Bounty Hunter

Is this the Steve McQueen film?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 pm

or is it the Gerard Butler/Jennifer Aniston flick?

If it is the above mentioned, was it any good? My wife wants to see it. I don't.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
The Bounty Hunter

nope

Joe wrote:
or is it the Gerard Butler/Jennifer Aniston flick?
yep

...and no, it wasn't very good.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:23 am

"Memory" - Billy Zane is a scientist whose accidental exposure to a drug compound suddenly gives him the ability to see other peoples' memories, through their eyes. Unfortunately, the person whose memories he starts seeing happens to be a psycho kidnapper/killer who's been stealing little girls and locking them away in a secret hideaway since the early 70s. The late great Dennis Hopper and Ann-Margret (!) both make appearances in supporting roles.

(The trailer is kinda lame, but trust me, the movie itself was actually a pretty damn good mystery that kept me guessing. Haha.)

This was the 4th and last film on the "Horror Collector's Set" DVD that I bought late last week, and even though I wouldn't exactly classify it as a "Horror" movie (it's more of a suspense/thriller ala "Kiss The Girls") it turned out to be the best movie on the disc. Go figure.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:28 am

Watched "Fear" again last evening. Great thriller, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:01 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
The Bounty Hunter

That movie was called "The Hunter", McQueen's last film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080907/

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This was the 4th and last film on the "Horror Collector's Set" DVD that I bought late last week, and even though I wouldn't exactly classify it as a "Horror" movie (it's more of a suspense/thriller ala "Kiss The Girls") it turned out to be the best movie on the disc. Go figure.

It was pretty good as those sets go, yeah. I'm surprised it didn't get a theatrical release with that cast and the overall quality of it. Do film distributors really hate Billy Zane that much?

Watched Wages of Sin last night. We got some laughs out of the horrible acting Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

sheets wrote:
Do film distributors really hate Billy Zane that much?

Other than his supporting role in "Titanic," I don't think Billy Zane's career ever quite recovered from this debacle.

Last seen movies - Page 18 200px-Phantompost

It's actually a pretty decent movie, but its failure all but assured that Billy Zane was going to dwell mostly in Direct-To-DVD Hell for the rest of his career. Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_lol

sheets wrote:
Watched Wages of Sin last night. We got some laughs out of the horrible acting Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_smile

Oh Gawd, wasn't that awful? Haha. Not even the "so bad it's good" kind of bad. Simply terrible!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 am

Evil Aliens. Horror, sci-fi black comedy. If you like Shaun of the Dead and Dead Alive, check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 am

Last seen movies - Page 18 Paris1970

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am

Da Vinci Code
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 am

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
The Bounty Hunter

That movie was called "The Hunter", McQueen's last film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080907/

OK thank you, that is one of the few Steve McQueen films I have never seen, just curious if it was any good.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:29 am

Sauna - Set in 1595 on the Finland/Russian border. It's about a soldier, his brother, their evil deeds, and ghostly happenings. Very atmospheric and cool as heck. Not necessarily scary, just cool.

The Host - I had very low expectations, and the overdubbed voices were a little lame (made in Korea, I believe), but this was a surprisingly entertaining creature feature. I'll have to rewatch both of these before they go back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

The Host - I had very low expectations, and the overdubbed voices were a little lame, but this was a surprisingly entertaining creature feature. I'll have to rewatch both of these before they go back.

I love that movie. If you have the DVD, watch it with the Korean language track and subtitles, it's much more entertaining to hear the real actors voices.

Dubbing should have been done away with decades ago.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:34 am

Good idea, Detuned.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 am

"Hustling" - a 1970s flick about a New York magazine reporter digging into the prostitution industry in and around Times Square. I was hoping this was going to be some kinda sleazy exploitation flick; no such luck. It's a pretty straightforward made-for-TV drama whose message is, more or less, that "Prostitutes are human beings too, dammit." Last seen movies - Page 18 201269 If this movie were made today it would be on the Lifetime Channel.

Some cool on-location shots of 1970s NYC though, when New York City was a lot scarier than it is nowadays. Decent cast (incl. Jill Clayburgh, Lee Remick, Alex Rocco, and Burt Young) and acting as well, just not the kinda movie I was expecting.

Trivia geek alert, the movie was directed by Joseph Sargent, who directed tons of TV movies and mini series throughout the 70s and 80s, as well as the occasional theatrical film, including the legendary disaster "Jaws: The Revenge" (1987)! If nothing else, "Hustling" was far superior to THAT turkey.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:05 am

detuned wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

The Host - I had very low expectations, and the overdubbed voices were a little lame, but this was a surprisingly entertaining creature feature. I'll have to rewatch both of these before they go back.

I love that movie. If you have the DVD, watch it with the Korean language track and subtitles, it's much more entertaining to hear the real actors voices.

Dubbing should have been done away with decades ago.

It was OK but didn't make a lot of sense. Pretty cool FX though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 am

Highlander II was on TV yesterday. What a horrible, horrible movie. Ugh...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Highlander II was on TV yesterday. What a horrible, horrible movie. Ugh...

I never liked any of those Highlander movies, except for the Queen soundtrack
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 am

I didn't think the first "Highlander" was bad, but the second one was totally "WTF?" and contradicted everything that happened in the first movie. "Oh, by the way, I'm not an immortal from the highlands of Scotland, I'm actually an alien from the planet Zeist." Uh... yeah, OK.

Never saw any of the following sequels (of which there are many) or the TV series, but I'm told they ignore the events of the second movie altogether, which is probably a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:53 am

I love the first Highlander movie. That's one of my all-time faves actually. Number two is just a trainwreck of a movie. It just makes no sense at all. The only funny parts are when Sean Connery is rather amazed by everything that is going on around him, and when we're introduced to the evol CEO bad guy fella... played by everyone's favorite bad ass... Dr. Cox from Scrubs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

I think I was originally unfairly harsh on this movie. It's actually pretty good.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I think I was originally unfairly harsh on this movie. It's actually pretty good.

Yeah that one was pretty decent.Now The 2006 TCM-The Beginning is a different story.Not so great.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:

i like it as TCHM the beginnig.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:21 pm

I rewatched The Terminator on Blu-Ray tonight.

A classic. That is all that needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next