Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ACCEPT album

Go down 
+37
iamrockerfun
jstate
Igor
Cliffy
Thrasher73
Flash Rockin Man
labrekk
DallasBlack
MoonChild
ACCEPT
FlyingV
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
exact33
Wargod
Troublezone
tohostudios
krokus
Wicked Rick
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Lurideath
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Glenn Rogers
MetalGuy71
ZetaReticuli
bgast1
ultmetal
troublemagnet
Gilbert
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

Flash Rockin Man wrote:
TT Quick will give you an idea why people have thought of Mark as a natural replacement for Udo.

Very true. When the news came out that Mark T. had gotten the Accept gig, I dusted off TT Quick's METAL OF HONOR disc for the first time in a long while, and after listening to it I thought "Hmm, y'know, this might actually work."

The TT Quick song "Front Burner" especially has an Accept vibe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:36 am

I am really liking this cd the first time through. Good stuff!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:04 pm

I can't stop listening to this myself. This has to be the best comeback album ever in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Saw Accept last week - Mark did stellar on the new stuff, but only slightly above average on the classics. A killer show, regardless [King's X blew them off stage, but that is just my KX bias speaking]!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:19 am

Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased the new album WITHOUT the bonus track 'Time Machine'? Every place I see it listed for sale and even the copies at FYE are listed with the "bonus track".

Is it truly a bonus if you can get it everywhere? What is it a bonus to? The vinyl edition? 1st run copies? Anyone know?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 am

Dunno, but the Japanese version has a different "bonus track" called "Land of the Free." Maybe that takes the place of "Time Machine" over there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am

I dont think i have seen one, except the Japan version, without that bonus track...

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 am

Such a great album. Easily the best in years headbanger

My current fave is the abyss
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dunno, but the Japanese version has a different "bonus track" called "Land of the Free." Maybe that takes the place of "Time Machine" over there.

Doesn't look like it. I checked out the tracklisting for the Japanese version and it had both 'Time Machine' and 'Land of the Free'. Although only 'Land of the Free' is listed as a bonus track.

Oh well. Maybe it's just a first edition thing? I thought I was getting something special by ordering it on-line, then finding the same version show up in FYE. Just seemed odd.

And yes, it's a great album. Certainly took me by surprise.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Got this on Friday and after several listens it is easily one of my year's favorites. Surprised me too. I knew people were loving it, but never expected it to be this killer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:25 pm

It will be top 5 for me this year - and I am not really an Accept fan.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm

exact33 wrote:

headbanger I am an Accept fan and the album is the top favourite for 2010!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm

MoonChild wrote:
exact33 wrote:

headbanger I am an Accept fan and the album is the top favourite for 2010!

I'll drink to that cheers
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:16 am

new accept is ruining my life cant stop listening im deep into it and njoy so much as i never did before. so damn heavy, fresh, newborn... man o man.
it's like drug to me the last days which i can't live wout it. every single day since i discover it.
it's in top 3 of 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 am

It's a fantastic album. Top 5 for me as well.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:07 am

Excellent one. Maybe the one that I played most this year.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:29 am

Welcome to main street....you forgot your champagne!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Bringing this from the dead, new video out today:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

headbanger My favorite song from that awesome album!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm

I was a little slow on the uptake with this disc and I finally picked it up last week....

Sheer brilliance.....!

Best album I've heard in years I think..... The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 25679
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 pm

This is one of the keepers albums that will stay around a long time.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I can't think of any other album the members here agree on like this one (minus Spec of course).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Bump for news...

New album Stalingrad coming April 6th. Lookin' forward to it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm

The level of musicianship in Accept is ridiculous. They're some of the most talented guys of the genre and the band's work from the early 80's is hugely influential across all genres of metal. They recorded the greatest metal album of the last decade with Blood of the Nations. Their production is also being helmed by one of the all-time masters behind the board with Andy Sneap.

To continue on this hot streak after dropping a 75 minute skullcrushing, bonerattling mega metal masterpiece on us 2 years ago would be impressive to say the least. I think the band is hungry and still motivated and we will get another top shelf serving of Teutonic heavy metal.

I am strongly looking forward to savoring the first taste of "Stalingrad".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Andy wrote:
The level of musicianship in Accept is ridiculous. They're some of the most talented guys of the genre and the band's work from the early 80's is hugely influential across all genres of metal. They recorded the greatest metal album of the last decade with Blood of the Nations. Their production is also being helmed by one of the all-time masters behind the board with Andy Sneap.

To continue on this hot streak after dropping a 75 minute skullcrushing, bonerattling mega metal masterpiece on us 2 years ago would be impressive to say the least. I think the band is hungry and still motivated and we will get another top shelf serving of Teutonic heavy metal.

I am strongly looking forward to savoring the first taste of "Stalingrad".
So...you like them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ACCEPT album
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next