Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going To See Accept?

Go down 
+9
mez
Required Fields
BillRoxx
Gilbert
powermacho
Sutekh
ultmetal
Wicked Rick
FlyingV
13 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Going To See Accept? Empty
PostSubject: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Anyone here planning on seeing Accept on their current tour? I will be going to the show in Houston on Oct.13 with Houston's very own King's X opening for Accept.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Just found out they will be in SA on Monday, Oct 11th. I plan on going!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Post the dates please.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:21 am

Looks like they're co-headlining...

September 23 – The Chance – Poughkeepsie, NY
September 24 – Ram’s Head Live – Baltimore, MD
September 25 – The Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ
September 27 – B. B. King’s – New York, NY
September 29 – Showcase Live – Foxboro, MA
October 1 – The Silo – Reading, PA
October 2 – The Emerald Theatre – Mt. Clemens, MI
October 9 – The Arcada Theatre – St. Charles (Chicago), IL
October 12 – House Of Blues – Dallas, TX
October 13 – House Of Blues – Houston TX

http://www.smnnews.com/2010/08/11/accept-us-tour-dates-with-kings-x-first-us-tour-in-14-years/
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 am

I am asking for the day off or at least work early. I may go to the NY concert
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 am

You're so lucky to be living in the US. Enjoy the shows !

I guess i'd never get to see ACCEPT at all.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:02 am

They will also be playing in Hollywood on the 19th!

I'm planning on going!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:15 am

BillRoxx wrote:
They will also be playing in Hollywood on the 19th!

I'm planning on going!

Oct. 19th?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:07 am

Gilbert wrote:

You're so lucky to be living in the US. Enjoy the shows !

I guess i'd never get to see ACCEPT at all.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 am

If I am feeling better, I will be driving out to Madison on the 6th. I don't miss KX shows within 250 miles of the Cities. Strangely enough, last time I saw UDO was in Madison too....
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:57 am

Yeah I emailed you Scott it's a freakin tuesday!

But I'm down if you are?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 am

Wish they was coming to Pittsburgh, but Reading PA? Why not Philly or Pitts those or the places with crowds, cant see them pulling as much in Reading. Sad

Great new album though!
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 pm

FlyingV wrote:
Anyone here planning on seeing Accept on their current tour? I will be going to the show in Houston on Oct.13 with Houston's very own King's X opening for Accept.

I would LOVE to see that tour, but they decided to skip Quebec, Canada so no luck...Hopefully, there will be another leg to the tour later...Cause I never ever saw Accept live...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:59 am

Looks like I will be going to see them in L.A.

Have to save my pennies so I can get a tour shirt from both bands. Last time I saw King's X they sucked, so I am looking forward to seeing them NOT suck this time around. Going To See Accept? 11840

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:49 am

Got our tix secured and time off work so we can do the hollywood thing and the record stores Scott! Gonna be cool can't wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 am

Got my tix. If anyone will be around central Cheeseland and feels like going, let me know.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Hopefully, they're going to add more dates. If they add a show in NC I'll go.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Going tomorrow for the NY concert. Last time accept played here in NY, they kicked ass. Looks like there are going to be like 2 or 3 shirt designs from accept.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Hey Guys,
thanks for all the great Blood of the Nations Reviews. The Shows are going amazing so far. This Part of the US Tour is a special Meet & Greet Event for us and the fans. We will be heading to europe in Jan. for a view Month and than more US Dates will be added. I know it sucks that some of you have to wait but we will try to make it up to you by playing the best Metall Show possible...every nite...
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 am

Hello Peter,
I am sooooo hoping to meet you guys in L.A. Been an ACCEPT fan since I bought Restless & Wild as a new release. Also a huge fan of TT QUICK, being a New Jersey native. I'll be flying out there for the show.

BTW, my review of the new album is up now:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/accept.htm#blood

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

Out the door - travelling behind the Cheddar Curtain. This day shall rock.......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:27 am

Quote :
Accept & King's X -- Reading, PA -- October 1st, 2010
Yes, I put both names in the thread title, because this review has both sets and this show is practically a double headliner anyway.

Awesome show, all the way around. I still think this was a really mismatched tour and the two bands put on two incredibly different kinds of shows, but they were both amazing.

The show started promptly at 8pm, with King's X just simply walking out in their traditional fashion. The next hour and a half was an expected incredible performance filled with tons of great rockin' songs, including a few nice surprises (They hadn't played Fall on Me live in almost 20 years prior to this tour). Dug Pinnick's performance was absolutely amazing, his vocals were so intense. He deviates a lot from the recordings, but almost all for the better. The whole band was just spot on, all 3 guys were excellent. The whole set was great, but highlights would have to include "Dogman", "Power of Love", "Complain", and the always awesome "Over My Head", in its typical extended fashion.

King's X setlist:
01.The Train
02.Alright
03.What Is This?
04.Power of Love
05.Pray
06.Dogman
07.Complain
08.Pillow
09.Go Tell Somebody
10.Pretend
11.Fall on Me
12.Run
13.Over My Head
Encore:
14.We Were Born to Be Loved

The changeover between bands was fairly timely. King's X were off-stage at 9:15 and Accept were on by about 9:45 and had one of the best live mixes I've ever heard. All the instruments sounded great, especially the drums. The band were tight as hell and Mark Tornillo did an absolutely amazing job on vocals. Seriously, he's got to be one of the very best replacement vocalists I've ever heard. Their set was pretty much pure metal from start to finish and very entertaining. My only complaint is that I would've liked to hear "The Abyss" instead of "Pandemic".
Accept Setlist: (May be a little out of order, but all the songs are there)
01.Starlight
02.Living For Tonite
03.Breaker
04.Teutonic Terror
05.Rolling Thunder
06.Restless and Wild
07.Son of a smurfette
08.Metal Heart
09.Neon Nights
10.Bulletproof
11.No Shelter
12.Up to the Limit
13.Flash Rockin' Man
14.Midnight Mover
15.Fast as a Shark
Encore:
16.Pandemic
17.Princess of the Dawn
18.Balls to the Wall

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

Quote :
07.Son of a smurfette

Laughing very hard I hate when the Cuss Filter does that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going To See Accept?   Going To See Accept? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going To See Accept?
Page 1 of 1