Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ACCEPT album

Go down 
+37
iamrockerfun
jstate
Igor
Cliffy
Thrasher73
Flash Rockin Man
labrekk
DallasBlack
MoonChild
ACCEPT
FlyingV
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
exact33
Wargod
Troublezone
tohostudios
krokus
Wicked Rick
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Lurideath
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Glenn Rogers
MetalGuy71
ZetaReticuli
bgast1
ultmetal
troublemagnet
Gilbert
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:36 pm

I just got my copy from Metal Season (I don't like digipaks and MS had the jewel case version). This is a killer comeback and definitely one of my faves of 2010 so far, along PRETTY MAIDS-Pandemonium, AXEL RUDI PELL-The Crest, TREAT-Coup de Grace and TAROT-Gravity Of Light. The new VOLBEAT rules too, save for the goddamn song ruined by Barney...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Well, this bites... I finally had a chance to sit and really LISTEN to my copy (ordered from Amazon) all the way thru for the first time today, and the damn thing skips on the last track. So I guess I'll be testing Amazon's return policy. The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 19976

Got my replacement copy from Amazon already so Im' now a happy campter. I hadn't even had time to send back my original (defective) copy yet!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I just ordered mine from amazon so hoefully i wont get your defective copy Smile

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Quote :
Got my replacement copy from Amazon already so Im' now a happy campter.

Is this like a mix of camper and sphincter?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:22 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Got my replacement copy from Amazon already so Im' now a happy campter.

Is this like a mix of camper and sphincter?

It's the Serbo-Croatian spelling of "Camper."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I think it's the Zwingli way to spell sphincter.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
I just ordered mine from amazon so hoefully i wont get your defective copy Smile

I just got mine today from amazon I hope I didn't get it haha

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 pm

If I have one minor complaint about the new album, it might be the overall length. With the European bonus cut, it clocks in at over 73 minutes.

I get that the Accept fellas probably had a backlog of music to get out of their systems and I don't know of any tracks in particular that could've been held off, they're all pretty solid. But I wonder if 40-50 minutes of music might've been a little easier to digest in one sitting for this comeback.

Good album nonetheless.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 pm

This is such a great album, why can't more bands write songs????
Back to top Go down
Flash Rockin Man
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Has anyone got the CD and shirt deal from Nuclear Blast U.S.A.? Let me know what the shirt is like if so?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

Looks like Metal Season has this back in stock for anyone interested...

http://metalseason.com/index.php/new-releases/accept-blood-of-nations.html

$9.99 jewelcase w/bonus track. Can't beat that price with a stick, especially for such a killer new album.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

$9.99 jewelcase w/bonus track. Can't beat that price with a stick, especially for such a killer new album.

Actually you can beat it.Amazon has it for 8.19 from metalseason its the jewel case w/bonus.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Actually you can beat it.Amazon has it for 8.19 from metalseason its the jewel case w/bonus.

They're underselling themselves? All righty then.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Great album. I've gotten so much music to listen to right now but I've given this one 2 spins already and I'm loving it.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Every song is fantastic, love the production and mix...kudos to the band for reinventing themselves by stepping back in time.

This is how it's done, folks!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:54 am

One of the greatest come backs ever headbanger
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:30 am

fantstic album, much better than UDOs recent works
\'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 am

Igor wrote:
fantstic album, much better than UDOs recent works
The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 778825 The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 778825 The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 778825

I'd argue that point, but I do love the new Accept.

U.D.O.'s Mastercutor, Mission X, and Thunderball are all "recent works" and are all oustanding. Dominator is his most recent and I love it as well. I just think we have two great bands now instead of one! The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 11840

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:17 am

I've probably spun this new Accept album more times in the last 3 weeks or so than I have any UDO discs or even older Accept. So yea, 3 cheers for Mark and the new Accept!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 am

U.D.O. are in regular rotation for me. Always find U.D.O. great to spin while doing cardio at the gym.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 am

Well, this CD lives up to the hype. A great album. The vocalist does have a very Udo-like quality to his voice. While I understand the Jon Oliva comparison, he only resembles him in certain parts.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Flash Rockin Man
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Mark Tornillo has a wide range of voices, if you check out TTQuick on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:29 pm

I am anxious for my copy to arrive!

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:51 pm

I went and got the T.T. Quick because of the new Accept.
Back to top Go down
Flash Rockin Man
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 pm

TT Quick will give you an idea why people have thought of Mark as a natural replacement for Udo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ACCEPT album   The new ACCEPT album - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ACCEPT album
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next