Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail

Go down 
+29
mez
nevermore
Wargod
tohostudios
Eyesore
Required Fields
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
krokus
James B.
mr.electric39
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
manny
the sentinel
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
snooloui
Gilbert
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
mc666
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I don't like sound of it. Two year world tour and a sensational statement. I hope they don't call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:12 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
It's being reported they're supposed to be making a "sensational statement" on TV in Germany today/tonight.

I wonder what it could be.

Anybody heard what this is?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:52 am

Maybe Uli's coming back? Very Happy I live very close to the German border, so perhaps I can get that channel working.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:06 am

My Scorpions experince began in the mid 70's and by the early 90's, well I was done. I heard stuff here and there that sounded interesting enough, but I never bought anything.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Still no news. Blabbermouth was reporting it was to take place 1/15, but I can't find word on it, even at their official site. The only thing I can find elsewhere is the announcement will be "in January", no other site is pegging down a date.

Uli, Michael or retirement?
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 pm

2 year 'farewell' tour would be my bet. I hope they don't however, they're still better than most bands out there at the moment.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm

I love SCORPIONS all era´s too but they made one bad album EYE TO EYE. DID YOU guys forgot about this album????
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:00 pm

As far as i'm concerned it's a great pop record. Didn't really work for them but it's better than a lot of pop music around now Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
It's being reported they're supposed to be making a "sensational statement" on TV in Germany today/tonight.

I wonder what it could be.

Anybody heard what this is?

They are gonna rock you like a hurricane
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:56 pm

krokus wrote:
I love SCORPIONS all era´s too but they made one bad album EYE TO EYE. DID YOU guys forgot about this album????
it wasn't a typical Scorps album, but it wasn't bad either. i still liked it.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm

krokus wrote:

I don't own that one, but I listened to it all the way through online one time and that was enough. Really bad stuff. I thought all the reviews were just exaggerating. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_lol Pure Instinct is bad too, but has a few listenable songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:15 pm

I've never heard "Eye II Eye".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 pm

I did not care for 'Eye II Eye' but based on MC666's comments, I may give it another spin and give it another chance.

I actually liked 'Pure Instinct' not my favorite album by them but not terrible.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 pm

i missed that WTH is that ?
new album ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Yup, it's over after this album & tour.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/0123sco.shtml

Sad

Song samples sound good though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:07 am

Kinda sad but I understand where they're coming from.

Can RUSH and JUDAS PRIEST be far behind?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 am

Would love to see them on this tour, never seen them live.
I`m guessing we will see farewell tours from a lot of great bands in not so long. Our heroes from the 80`s are getting old....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 am

This is very very sad news. I can not imagine my life without SCORPIONS being around releasing new albums, being on tour, reading about them in magazines etc...VERY SAD.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 am

They can't Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 am

This is one of the worst days of my life. These old mother goose are quitting. Man, I don't get it... the new samples sound great, they still have it in them...and they're just gonna end it. Oh well. Scorpions have been my favorite band, and...always will be, I guess. Can't wait to get this album. Hour 1 was kinda bad, thanks to that fuckhead of a producer they had.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:13 am

manny wrote:
I did not care for 'Eye II Eye' but based on MC666's comments, I may give it another spin and give it another chance.

I actually liked 'Pure Instinct' not my favorite album by them but not terrible.

I posted 3 songs from Eye II Eye in that "What Were They Thinking Thread". You can hear the whole album on Youtube.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 am

From what I understand, at least in their home country, these last few years have been some of the band's most successful and their albums still get good reviews, so it is nice to see them decide to go out while still a quality group and not let in-fighting or poor reviews or low concert attendance make the choice for them.

I hope the members plan to continue making new music elsewhere (especially Klaus), but if so, I'd rather they do it TOGETHER than apart.

Barring tragedy, virtually every band has at least one reunion in them though so I don't really believe we're seeing the final days of Scorpions.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:04 am

I certainly hope that they realise that there's still an audience for them and that it would be foolish to stop now. They've been going this long, made some great albums and some really terrible ones, so why stop now?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Kind of a bummer to hear that the Scorps wanna hang it up. But then again, assuming they tour till 2011 or '12, by that time they'll have been a recording/touring act for 40 years (LONESOME CROW came out in '71!)... ya can't say they haven't had a good run.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Lonesome Crow came out in 1972, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next