Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail

Go down 
+29
mez
nevermore
Wargod
tohostudios
Eyesore
Required Fields
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
krokus
James B.
mr.electric39
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
manny
the sentinel
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
snooloui
Gilbert
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
mc666
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:56 am

I will get it eventually. Just not right away.

Too much else I want right now. Like the new Ratt, Heathen, Iron Maiden, Nevermore ... etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 am

Am I the only one that finds it silly that the last song on this album is called "The Best Is Yet to Come?"
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Am I the only one that finds it silly that the last song on this album is called "The Best Is Yet to Come?"

Nope. It's quite suspicious they even recorded a song like that at all for their "final" album... Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nope. It's quite suspicious they even recorded a song like that at all for their "final" album... Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Suspect
Right! And that's silly. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

Eyesore wrote:

Not at all. You don't really think they're packing it in and calling it a day, do you? Noone stays retired anymore.

They took a page out of Gene Simmons Band Marketing 101. After they announce "this is it", so that assures decent album sales (by 2010 standards anyway) and great live attendance figures. Then after the tour is over, they can hold a press conference to say "Well, the fans really supported us and we feel it would be doing them a disservice by retiring. Look for the Sting in the Tail live album & DVD, followed by a new album & tour in 2013".

Unless one of them drops dead, what else are they gonna do? Solo projects that go nowhere?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 am

Oh, I don't think this is it at all, but I wasn't thinking this is all a premeditated farce. So you're thinking that title is a little hint that reveals the lie? Makes sense. I guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, thinking they're truly intent on calling it a day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, I don't think this is it at all, but I wasn't thinking this is all a premeditated farce. So you're thinking that title is a little hint that reveals the lie? Makes sense. I guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, thinking they're truly intent on calling it a day.

Eh, who knows? I'm just a cynical, jaded ass-hat spouting off. If they really do call it a day, well good for them. Go out on a high note and leave a decent legacy. But I'm one of those people that has to see it to believe it. I work around enough marketing and public releations people to smell bull.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 am

according to Jabs, they didn't decide to call it a day, until after the album was completed.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, retire or not, I hope they release a live album. They're desperately short on official live releases. They should've released a CD version of the Wacken concert or of their newest DVD. Oh and a boxset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:58 pm

snooloui wrote:
Well, retire or not, I hope they release a live album. They're desperately short on official live releases. They should've released a CD version of the Wacken concert or of their newest DVD. Oh and a boxset.

Well honestly, it's tough to top "Tokyo Tapes" or "Worldwide Live". Both are near perfect live albums, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 44606110

ult should enjoy the Pikcard included with the CD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 44606110

ult should enjoy the Pikcard included with the CD.

Cool! Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 11840

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

hail hail sting in the tail
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:51 pm

I really liked their last disc, Humanity I. I thought they were gonna end it with Part II, but instead they do this. Not really excited with what I've heard so far. Not sure when I will be getting this one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Lionheartâ„¢ wrote:
I really liked their last disc, Humanity I. I thought they were gonna end it with Part II, but instead they do this. Not really excited with what I've heard so far. Not sure when I will be getting this one.
Apparently there was never a plan for a part II, that was all rumor.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Who's dumbass idea was it to include nothing but 3 lines of lyrics for each song in the booklet? Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Hell yeah this Scorps kicks ass!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lionheartâ„¢ wrote:
Apparently there was never a plan for a part II, that was all rumor.

Someone else told me that too, but I could have sworn Klaus said a sequel would be coming during press for Hour I.

Either way, I know for a fact he denounced the kind of "boy meets girl" (as he put it) lyrics and music that they've played on this album and basically their whole careers when Humanity came out and said that Humanity was the sound the band would continue on with.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm a little burnt out on The Scorpions anymore anyway.

Too much else out there that puts what they are doing to shame.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm

18,500 copies sold. No. 23 on Billboard 200! Their best showing in twenty years.

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
18,500 copies sold. No. 23 on Billboard 200! Their best showing in twenty years.

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 11840

BOOO

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 19976

Naw, good for them. I'm just pretty cynical about them lately.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Don't be mad, that's not iTunes sales. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

Really cool. Glad to see it's selling well for them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 am

I got STING IN THE TAIL yesterday from Amazon. One spin thru and I'm diggin' it. Not as much as I dug HUMANITY HOUR I (I too would've liked a PART II to that saga) but if this is the album they wanna go out with, then I have no real complaints. It sounds like it fell right out of the '80s.

...and yes, the freebie "pikcard" thingy that came with it is indeed very cool. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next