Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail

Go down 
+29
mez
nevermore
Wargod
tohostudios
Eyesore
Required Fields
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
krokus
James B.
mr.electric39
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
manny
the sentinel
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
snooloui
Gilbert
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
mc666
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

This sounds like it would have come out in between Love At First Sting and Savage Amusement. Good!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

chewie wrote:
This sounds like it would have come out in between Love At First Sting and Savage Amusement. Good!!

The modern production kid of bugs me a bit.... I need to listen to it some more. It does have some good songs on it
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:

The modern production kid of bugs me a bit.... I need to listen to it some more. It does have some good songs on it

It doesn't bug me all that much... Try listening to it loud(not cranking, unless you wanna) while your driving around town with the windows down. That might work. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Who's dumbass idea was it to include nothing but 3 lines of lyrics for each song in the booklet? Jeez.

They did the same thing with HUMANITY HOUR I for some odd reason.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Raised On Rock & Sting In The Tail are azz kickers IMO. To me they sound like early 80's era Scorps!

Me likey!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:51 pm

I just ordered this one today.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:
Who's dumbass idea was it to include nothing but 3 lines of lyrics for each song in the booklet? Jeez.

They did the same thing with HUMANITY HOUR I for some odd reason.

Seems to be a growing trend to drop snippets of the lyrics and that's it. I've noticed it happening more and more in the last few years (if the lyrics are printed at all). Most recently, Slash's album notes feature ONE LINE from each song.

I don't get it. As an artist, if I was going to take the time to write them, I'd want people to be able to read them and not have to go to some pop-up and banner infested lyrics website. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 am

Just got it today at Walmart for $10. It sounds really good! I like the souvenier pick-card thing too...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 am

I've been checking Pollstar, Ticketmaster and Scorps' sites in hopes they'll be coming to the Detroit area. GUESS WHAT !! They're hitting up DTE Music Theater July 1st! Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 11840

At least... That's according to Pollstar. The band's own website and Ticketmaster don't mention the date but they are playing in Wisconsin on 07/02 so it seems possible. I emailed the tour contact they listed on their website in hopes of getting a confirmation. Where's that "fingers crossed" smiley? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:43 am

The store I checked at yesterday was actually sold out, may have to check Wal Mart today.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 44606110

ult should enjoy the Pikcard included with the CD.

Picked up a copy from WalMart this weekend. No pickcard! Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_cry

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 am

Quote :
Picked up a copy from WalMart this weekend. No pickcard! Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_cry

I'll add it to the "Hey I really need to send ult this" package. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I'll add it to the "Hey I really need to send ult this" package. Smile

LOL! Thanks. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 591800

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 am

Really diggin' this new Scorps. Even the ballads are good. "Lorelie" is very German sounding.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:21 am

It's not bad. But nothing stuck to me.

I'm beginning to start thinking it's me. Here are some albums I should have loved, but didn't.

Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider
Rage - Strings To A Web
Saint - Hell Blade
Saint - Crime Scene Earth
Saint - Crime Scene Earth 2.0
Ultimatum - Lex Metalis
Overkill - Ironbound
Paradox - Riot Squad
etc etc

I think I am starting to dislike metal in general. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_redface
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:57 am

I think you need to take a break from it is all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Really diggin' this new Scorps. Even the ballads are good. "Lorelie" is very German sounding.

That is my impression as well.

And we all know how I feel about ballads.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I think I am starting to dislike metal in general. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_redface

'Ee's a HERETIC, he is! BURN HIM!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

It's a fair cop.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

It's a fair cop.

'Ee turned me into a NEWT!

(pause)

I got better.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Lol

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 pm

He does dress like a witch.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
It's not bad. But nothing stuck to me.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm

I have to say, it's a great album. Raised On Rock is awesome but The Good Die Young is the best track.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 pm

The title cut is my favorite.

"Hail, hail...the sting in the tail!"

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail   Scorpions - Sting in the Tail - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next