Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5

Go down 
+22
James B.
brontotex
jerseyultifan+
Troublezone
MetalFRO
Sutekh
Ben Grimm
Glenn Rogers
manny
HellRaiser
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
Stender
Olafsto
biddle
Fat Freddy
exact33
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
mc666
325ad
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:25 pm

James B. wrote:
I am sure all 28 people who buy HM will not even read the review cause it isn't from a screamcore band with guys who wear chick pants.

This.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:00 pm

James B. wrote:
I am sure all 28 people who buy HM will not even read the review cause it isn't from a screamcore band with guys who wear chick pants.
LOL that is hilarious
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm

jerseyultifan+ wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
You know DVP is a little big headed...That is my review. I'm going to remove him from my Face Book and Myspace. I dont believe in promoting something I don't believe in... UP YOURS hm!!!
I did this quite a while ago or I'd do it now, I dropped them off of the Feast Eternal street team site that I run too, HM never gave a hill of beans for Feast and gave Prisons of Flesh a ho-hum review back when it was first released, kind of the same situation great reviews from secular magazines,but the HM review seemed as if someone reviewed it that did not know the first thing about heavy metal, not that we needed to/ or deserved to get a stellar review just becuase it is a Christian magazine..a poor review from some one that liked heavy metal/ death metal would have been better excepted, at least you could learn from that kind of a review.
funny,ben, that you and i are to find ourselves on this forum!lol! anyway,i had that exact talk with Robert last night.we both agreed had the reviewer given Ultimatum a bad review and stated why.we could improve as a band and learn from our"mistakes".even,if the reviewer had stated that "after listening to our past cds;the cover one failed" in his opinion.still could have something we could have lived with.we totally agreed that this person obviously doesnt know or apprecitate metal.the unfortunate thing is that they have a large following and this review looks so negetively on the band.i havent read it.but,i also dont like the referrence to Albuquerque.robert having living there all is life was quite upset about it and i cant blame him.i stand by this band and will defend them,their music,their faith and their postion on this.a still very upset promotional manager,sherri
Oh hey Sherri good to see you up and running, good to see you working with Ultimatum
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm

thanks ben,but,as you know i am still keeping my streetteam membership with feast so,even though i got the new site and new job..i dont forget friends and giving them a hand still! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:21 pm

I posted my "opinion" on their board...

http://www.hmmagazine.com/2009/11/an-open-letter-to-an-angry-album-review-reader/
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:00 am

I guess I should just paste it here in case no one wants to go to their site and read it..LOL

Robert had this to say on November 15, 2009 | PermalinkWhat the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 6cb07266f7861bfb9dc4995f60e8ff46?s=45&d=wavatar&r=PG

Doug
I don’t think the reviewer of Our Album “Lex Metalis” Knows anything
about our style of music hence the insulting review. Doug I think your
a sleep at the wheel. We in Ultimatum don’t mind a negative review as
long as its “constructive” not “destructive” you pointed out your self
in our opening monologue. Your reviewer did not do that he insulted us
and that’s where your position should have stepped in and said you know
that’s not a review that’s an insult to them, review the contents of
the Record not advertise your opinion on how much you think were a
bunch of washed up musicians. Doug its you Im more angry at because you
didn’t stop this review you could have had this guy be more
constructive or don’t review it at all. I agree that even bad press is
good press that someone might want to check out our cd even if it has a
bad review but at what cost? Your putting it on paper stating it as
fact not opinion and even though most know its all opinion youre
backing it by pressing it. I believe responsibility from a writer must
be first and foremost to not insult but to help construct and uplift..
A washed up musicians?? Those are fighting words and yes I am a bit
jaded.

Robert Gutierrez Founder and Guitarist of Ultimatum.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:24 am

well..i could try to make robert laff and say since he is "jaded" i understand then why the "Lex Metalis" cd is green! nah..may rub him the wrong way! i am going to say that i am behind your back 100% on this one.i agree,the responsbility to an editor is to check for spelling? since when? thats why there are proofreaders! an editiors job is to make sure what is stated by the reviewer is foremost fact.and if its not to send him back to back up his review,change it or delete it all together.what upsets me is that doug runs a christian magazine and robert is correct it should be to uplift the musican/music!!! i mean the christian musican,mostly the metal musican,fights an uphill battle and oppostion in the secualar world.it is most insulting seeing to see this comming from a brother in the faith!man,everyone is just keeping me on my soapbox! lol!!
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
When it comes to metal and HM, I think the only reason that Retroactive releases get reviewed is because they advertise in the magazine. I think Doug would much rather see metal releases like Lex Metalis be reviewed in the Heaven's Metal fanzine.

I received a call last night from Dale from Metal Pulse Radio who was a bit upset by this review. His opinion was that it wasn't are review at all but just a personal attack.

I guess I can take pride in the fact that I've received emails from guys in Metal Church and Mortification saying they like the Ultimatum version of the songs we recorded better than their own. Matter of fact, Steve Rowe emailed me last night:
Hi Scott. We just put Gut Wrench back in our set. Mick Jelinic & I were laughing the other day about how your version is better than our original. Don't let stupid people get you down. Sometimes crap journalism is about picking on a band like Ultimatum...

I agree with Steve on this one Sometimes crap journalism is about picking on a band.. I still belive it was a personal attack!!
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:39 am

ultrametal wrote:
I guess I should just paste it here in case no one wants to go to their site and read it..LOL

Robert had this to say on November 15, 2009 | PermalinkWhat the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 6cb07266f7861bfb9dc4995f60e8ff46?s=45&d=wavatar&r=PG

Doug
jaded.

Nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:33 am

thanks,dale,for your loyal support and friendship!!! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 795291 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:24 am

ultrametal wrote:

Doug
jaded.

I'm pissed off too. This is what I was saying in the first place. This was not even a negative review. It was an outright personal attack!!! I can even imagine the staff chuckling amongst themselves when this went to press. Don't think Doug Van Pelt is not responsible. Yes, he gives his writers leeway to write what they want, but this was not just a review. It was a personal attack. And you know that Doug reads everything. He was chuckling when this went to press, and I'm pissed. Robert and Scott, Rob and Alan deserve better than this. Calling them washed-up is one of the most crappy things anyone could have said! They are anything but! When I see Ultimatum live, every time I'm telling myself they have everything it takes to hit it big! But press like this hurts them, and that's why I'm so pissed off!

I am sending a very unfriendly email their way. I don't care if they publish it or not.

Talk about washed up. HM is washed up. Doug is washed up. Following screamo bands like a little sissy girl.

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 308838 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 308838 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 308838 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 47715
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 am

Quote :
Talk about washed up. HM is washed up. Doug is washed up. Following screamo bands like a little sissy girl.

Ouch. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey Metallic who are you? you live here in Albuq? Show yourself man! LOL!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 am

Metallic is Allen. He was at the last show we did a Misty's Hideaway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 am

Misty`s Hideaway??
Now that sounds exactly like a dimly lit, never cleaned dive bar where washed out musicians climb on stage to cover their favorite bands from their distant youth.....
What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:54 am

Olafsto wrote:
Misty`s Hideaway??
Now that sounds exactly like a dimly lit, never cleaned dive bar where washed out musicians climb on stage to cover their favorite bands from their distant youth.....
What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_smile

It actually is a dimly lit dive, however, it is a very clean dimly lit dive. It was formerly a stripper club. I have to give Misty's props for being very clean. Cleanest bathrooms of any bars we've played.

We actually are a band that plays dimly lit dives, and yes, some of them are very much filthy. As a matter of fact, I've seen some great bands like Fireball Ministry, Overkill, Kreator, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Destiny's End, Vengeance Rising, etc. at those same dirty dives we play! headbanger

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 am

Robert, it's me Allen! Remember I saw you at the Disturbed/Killswitch Engage concert last March? We hung out in line the whole time!

Plus I have been to several of your local shows. I will be going to more in the future too.

I know you know who I am. We also hung out at your store for a while once.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

allen,dont take robert personally..hes just gettin senile! lol! j/k What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 am

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Lol

It's okay. I know he knows me. He just didn't realize I was Metallic Blaze here on the board. I just thought he knew. It's my fault for not telling him and just assuming everyone knew.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 am

Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :

Ouch. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_eek

oh, dude you should have seen my letter. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 am

Yeah, people who know better aren't reading HM much, or people who are reading HM much aren't going to be buying Ultimatum in the first place.

I've visited Albuquerque and it's on my list of one of my favorite American cities. I was impressed, actually.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yeah, people who know better aren't reading HM much, or people who are reading HM much aren't going to be buying Ultimatum in the first place.

I've visited Albuquerque and it's on my list of one of my favorite American cities. I was impressed, actually.

ABQ is a nice city, I have been there twice. A little too inland for me, but still a great city and can see why people choose to live there!
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 am

Stender wrote:
Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :

oh, dude you should have seen my letter. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_twisted

post it here! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 291895
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:59 am

jerseyultifan+ wrote:
Stender wrote:
Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :

post it here! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 291895

I'd like to read that myself.

Metal novice
Metal novice
WRETCHED

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 am

Hmm. . . Albequerque is "mediocre sized". Uhm. . . ok. whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next