Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5

Go down 
+22
James B.
brontotex
jerseyultifan+
Troublezone
MetalFRO
Sutekh
Ben Grimm
Glenn Rogers
manny
HellRaiser
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
Stender
Olafsto
biddle
Fat Freddy
exact33
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
mc666
325ad
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

WRETCHED wrote:
Hmm. . . Albequerque is "mediocre sized". Uhm. . . ok. whatever.

LOL! I found that amusing too. Razz

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:56 pm

i found i liked the statement "washed up" i guess,he means you guys are "cleaned" musicians and bathe regularly before each and every gig!! how nice!! your somewhat more mellowed but,still proud promotional manager yet bein a tad sarcastic! lol! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Lol What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Stender wrote:
Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :
Talk about washed up. HM is washed up. Doug is washed up. Following screamo bands like a little sissy girl.

Ouch. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_eek

oh, dude you should have seen my letter. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_twisted

Post it lad, don't be shy, you are among friends here.... What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:46 pm

yea,still waiting to see ur letter!!
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Locky wrote:
Stender wrote:
Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :
Talk about washed up. HM is washed up. Doug is washed up. Following screamo bands like a little sissy girl.

Ouch. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_eek

oh, dude you should have seen my letter. What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_twisted

Post it lad, don't be shy, you are among friends here.... What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_lol

post it!!!!! or we will send ult to your house! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 505193
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

biddle wrote:
Locky wrote:
Stender wrote:
Spec_In_Rock wrote:
Quote :

post it!!!!! or we will send ult to your house! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 505193

wait a stinkin minute,here! its probably what he wants..his own private Ultimatum concert in his living room!!! i will be in agreement though,we call on the big guns..in the case the big lead singer!! sic em scott! dont let up until he agrees to post!! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 201269 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Lol What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 84826 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 795291 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 69126
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:57 am

Doug Van Pelt responed to a few of the letters written on that blog about bad reviews including Roberts letter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:12 pm

i think what bothers me is the fact that doug allowed this review to stand for as long as it did with no rebuttal.had he made this statement when the review first was posted it MIGHT have had a better result.again,i take mr.frazier to task.the fact he refers to Ultimatum as washed up musicans..17 yrs in the business proves this band is doing something right.and his comments about Albuquerque were very insulting.i mean,his review compares nothing.had he said that with "lex metalis" as a cover cd;was a poor attempt;when the bands orginal material was much better" would have been something we all could have lived with it.he compares the new cd to nothing we have previously released.thats not a good review or a bad review,just plain ridiculous! makes no sense! he doesnt even compare the band to anyone else in the business giving me the impression that he had no idea what/who he was reviewing.regardless,how doug defends his reviewer! i will stand behind this bands decsion in making this cd.in many ways their songs are much better than the orginals in that they claimed these songs and gave them the Ultimatum flare we all have come to expect from them! i am very proud of them and this cd! i for one cant wait to see Ultimatum perform these songs live!! ok..jumpin off my soapbox again! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_cheers What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 795291
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:27 pm

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 692390
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:48 am

yea,rob,you're right..h/e when i read ben's post..got me all ticked again!! so sorry!! go ahead take a swing! lol!
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Robert, it's me Allen! Remember I saw you at the Disturbed/Killswitch Engage concert last March? We hung out in line the whole time!

Plus I have been to several of your local shows. I will be going to more in the future too.

I know you know who I am. We also hung out at your store for a while once.

Oh Yeah Allen I remember that Show was great I thought Killswitch Killed everyone there too. Disturbed was ok they kinda got boring after a while.. Hope to see you Jan 15 2010 were playing at the Warehouse 508 on 1st and lomas it was the Old Ice House Strip club um not that I would know that LOL! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_lol But yeah its now an all ages venue for shows FYi..
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:43 am

Also thanks everyone for supporting us and standing behind us Its this kind of stuff that makes me mad. I don't expect every review to be stellar but coming from a professional mag, be it christian or not, I do expect a "review" not an opinion of how they feel about us, our beliefs or our city. Review the cd? Is it really that hard? I think not. Doug clearly dropped the ball on this one again. For the record, yes I forgive him but I wont support his mag any longer by purchasing it or endorsing it. I think its a good mag for the Clear Channel, cookie cutter, spoon fed rock that so many hear on the radio, but its not been an "Authority" on Christian Metal for a long time and that is my "opinion".
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:40 pm

ultrametal wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Robert, it's me Allen! Remember I saw you at the Disturbed/Killswitch Engage concert last March? We hung out in line the whole time!

Plus I have been to several of your local shows. I will be going to more in the future too.

I know you know who I am. We also hung out at your store for a while once.

Oh Yeah Allen I remember that Show was great I thought Killswitch Killed everyone there too. Disturbed was ok they kinda got boring after a while.. Hope to see you Jan 15 2010 were playing at the Warehouse 508 on 1st and lomas it was the Old Ice House Strip club um not that I would know that LOL! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_lol But yeah its now an all ages venue for shows FYi..

Looking forward to it!!!

What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 11840 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:00 am

hey ultimaniacs,i just read HM's newletter!! almost fell over here! they have a trivia question.."from what southwestern town is the band Ultimatum from?" lol! answer to reply back and gets a copy of "Lex Metalis"!! rotfllmro! after the dudes bad review everyone that reads the mag should know of the hometown!! lol! thinking he(doug van pelt) is def trying to smooth things over! i had a great laff and then replied!! lol! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Lol What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 911681 What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 795291
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:17 am

Or he wants them to reread the review.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 am

good point,rob! i guess i was too busy laffin (like this What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 201269 ) anyway,happy happy 2010 everyone be safe!! What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 795291
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5   What the....  The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the.... The HM Review of Ultimatum Lex Metalis 1-5
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5