Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July

Go down 
+11
Required Fields
shamgar75
Onkel Ben
GrandNational
Chairman_Smith
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
ultmetal
mez
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Empty
PostSubject: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122850

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, at work and on limited time, so I didnt search.

All I can say is Scott, your a freaking tank!! How long did it take you to get that big? I have tried so many things, and countless years of heavy lifting, and I am convinced I will never get that size now.

So do protein shakes really help? Mine seemed to only make me chubby so I cut them out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am

Thanks. I've been working hard for five years, building muscle.

You need to take in the right amount of protein for muscle growth and watch the amount of bad carbs you are taking in. Also, what sort of protein are you taking. You should be taking pure Whey protein? Some shakes are "weight gainers". Others are lower in carbs and are a protein suppliment.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 am

Scott is a monster, no doubt. We have talked some iron before and my numbers are good, but his are better. Mez, try a creatine drink right after workout, it works to shuttle protein to your muscles faster than normal so there's not as much waste. Also, remember, carbs (good carbs) repair muscle and protein builds it. Good luck, have fun, and never get discouraged. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:30 am

On another note, it's very cool that Blabbermouth plugged us, but why the "Christian metallers" tag? This is hardly a "Christian" release. It's just metal!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
On another note, it's very cool that Blabbermouth plugged us, but why the "Christian metallers" tag? This is hardly a "Christian" release. It's just metal!

That's Blabbermouth for ya.

On the other hand, you got a positive comment from the infamous "Riotact666" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 am

Even if you did 5 albums of cover tunes, they would still label the band with the "Christian Metal" tag. Everyone has to fit into the little stylistic boxes that the media & record labels insist upon.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 am

detuned wrote:
Even if you did 5 albums of cover tunes, they would still label the band with the "Christian Metal" tag. Everyone has to fit into the little stylistic boxes that the media & record labels insist upon.

I guess so. Obviously we are not ashamed of our faith, but the whole "Christian metal" tag sort of bothers me more now than it use to. Christian is not a type of music. We play metal. We share the same stages as any other metal band. Sure, much of our lyrics are based on Christian ideals, but it's still just metal.

Do we label Mercyful Fate and Slayer as "Satanic Metal"? How about "political metal"? Why not really break it down, "Catholic Metal", "Protestant Metal", "Hari Krishan Metal".
All metal is about expressing ideas, opinions, beliefs, etc. Why does Christian metal have a seperate tag?

I remember back when Puppet of Destruction came out. It was distributed by Diamante. That CD was in every single CD store. I walked into a Hastings and saw our CD in the "Gospel" section with The Winans, Amy Grant, etc. Now, what metal fan is going to look for that CD there? We were on Rowe Productions at the time. Mortification's new CD at the time "Triumph of Mercy" was in the Metal section. They were on the same label, but had Metal Blade distributing hte CD. I approached the manager of the store and inquired why the Ultimatum CD was in the wrong section. I did not tell him who I was. He informed me that Ultimatum were a Gospel band distributed by a Gospel company. I insisted that Ultimatum were a metal band and promptly moved the CDs to the metal section, much to the managers annoyance. I then asked him where the Satanic section was because I wanted to purchase a King Diamond CD. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:

I guess so. Obviously we are not ashamed of our faith, but the whole "Christian metal" tag sort of bothers me more now than it use to. Christian is not a type of music. We play metal. We share the same stages as any other metal band. Sure, much of our lyrics are based on Christian ideals, but it's still just metal.

Do we label Mercyful Fate and Slayer as "Satanic Metal"? How about "political metal"? Why not really break it down, "Catholic Metal", "Protestant Metal", "Hari Krishan Metal".
All metal is about expressing ideas, opinions, beliefs, etc. Why does Christian metal have a seperate tag?

I remember back when Puppet of Destruction came out. It was distributed by Diamante. That CD was in every single CD store. I walked into a Hastings and saw our CD in the "Gospel" section with The Winans, Amy Grant, etc. Now, what metal fan is going to look for that CD there? We were on Rowe Productions at the time. Mortification's new CD at the time "Triumph of Mercy" was in the Metal section. They were on the same label, but had Metal Blade distributing hte CD. I approached the manager of the store and inquired why the Ultimatum CD was in the wrong section. I did not tell him who I was. He informed me that Ultimatum were a Gospel band distributed by a Gospel company. I insisted that Ultimatum were a metal band and promptly moved the CDs to the metal section, much to the managers annoyance. I then asked him where the Satanic section was because I wanted to purchase a King Diamond CD. Razz

We Christians brought this upon ourselves. We demanded an alternative to the secular bands, and what we got we labelled our Christian metal. Although it was "designed" to bring the music to the masses, it pretty much ended up being yet another ploy directed to our own, thus preaching for for the choir.

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:40 pm

I agree w/ Kurt...the description became a horse-collar...in an attempt to "be ye separate", we separated too much, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 pm

I still see Stryper CDs in the "gospel" section of record stores from time to time... I always felt that was kinda stupid.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I agree w/ Kurt...the description became a horse-collar...in an attempt to "be ye separate", we separated too much, IMO.

Indeed.

The thing is, when Retroactive sent them the information to post on Blabbermouth, no where in the press release did it say anything about Christian metal nor did it say anything about where that video was recorded.

Quote :
New Mexico based thrashers Ultimatum are set to release their fifth full length album. The CD will be titled "Lex Metalis", which roughly translates to "The Law of Metal". The CD will feature 13 songs paying tribute to some of the bands influences including:

1. Ton Of Bricks (Metal Church)
2. Locked In Chains (The Moshketeers)
3. Sin After Sin (Twisted Sister)
4. Creeping Death (Metallica)
5. Denim And Leather (Saxon)
6. Gut Wrench (Mortification)
7. Motopsycho (Megadeth)
8. Metal Health (Quiet Riot)
9. Steeler (Judas Priest)
10. Iron Fist (Motorhead)
11. Can't Get Out (Vengeance Rising)
12. Wrathchild (Iron Maiden)
13. Powersurge (Overkill)

"Lex Metalis" was recorded the album at Sight 16 Studios with producer Ysidro Garcia, who also produced their 2007 release "Into the Pit". The album is scheduled to be released July 21st on Retroactive Records (through Brutal Planet Distribution).

Promo photo attached.
YouTube video for "Wrathchild":
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037t7SSDiZw

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm

That is crazy - the ONLY time in my life I cared about the "seperate" area was when I was only buying christian music and I am quite happy that phase is over!!!

Good comments Ult!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I don't really think its anything to be ashamed of Scott.

EDIT: But yeah, putting it in the gospel section is stupid. Maybe have one in there and have some in the metal section would be cool tho.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Scott, when you were done with the album, did you guys ever consider having "Sins of Omission", "Burn", and "Wraithchild" as bonus tracks after "Powersurge"? I know you re-worked on "Wraithchild", but the other two cuts would have been cool to have also.
Back to top Go down
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I wonder if any music stores have a section for muslim or jewish metal bands. Razz
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 pm

It definitely depends on who's distributing the album. I remember when I wanted to buy the new Believer album back in the 90's when they were on Roadrunner, you found them in the rock section, not gospel or wherever even though their lyrics were based on Christian ideas.

It is stupid that this still happens. Christian music is labeled with it's own everything - Christian Pop, Christian Reggae, Christian Techno, etc. I agree with Kurt Bachman from Believer about their band that they are not a Christian band. They are a metal band with members that are Christians. This is a good discussion - someone should start a thread to discuss this.

BTW, I am really looking forward to the new Ultimatum album of covers - I like their choices. I can't wait!! Kudos to them. I hope this album continues to build on the success of their last album. This has good potential to be pretty big. Who doesn't like cover albums! Good luck to you Scott and your fellow bandmates.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Scott, when you were done with the album, did you guys ever consider having "Sins of Omission", "Burn", and "Wraithchild" as bonus tracks after "Powersurge"? I know you re-worked on "Wraithchild", but the other two cuts would have been cool to have also.

It was considered but we didn't like the idea for a few reasons. 1. Those songs feature a different line-up. Neither Rob nor Alan played on those two songs, 2. The production on those two songs are vastly different than the new songs and we wanted the album to flow properly and 3. we already had one Vengeance Rising song on Lex Metalis, we didn't think it needed two.

I suggested to Retroactive to include "Sins of Omission" on the iTunes version as a bonus track, but he said, "I'd rather sell CDs than MP3s."

shamgar75 wrote:
I am really looking forward to the new Ultimatum album of covers - I like their choices. I can't wait!! Kudos to them. I hope this album continues to build on the success of their last album. This has good potential to be pretty big. Who doesn't like cover albums! Good luck to you Scott and your fellow bandmates.

headbanger

Thanks. 🤘

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Until very recently, the FYE near my house was putting Stryper in w/ the Christian Gospel stuff rather than hard rock, metal, or even the pop section. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 pm

I remember reading Trouble got annoyed when they were labeled "Christian metal" by some sources (they preferred the term "white metal"), because they thought it limited their audience. (I know many very devout Christians who listen to bands that sing about the occult, and many atheists/agnostics who listen to some very "preachy" Christian bands, for what it's worth.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 pm

Hastings and our local FYE has Stryper in the rock section with everyone else.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:39 pm

I noticed our friend Anti-Christian Metal (aka ACM, aka Heath) had to chime in over at Blabbermouth.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 pm

First thing would be to ask how old is ACM, and if he even knows what real heavy metal is
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:04 pm

powermacho wrote:
First thing would be to ask how old is ACM, and if he even knows what real heavy metal is

Go ahead. Log in and ask away. Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:07 am

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

It was considered but we didn't like the idea for a few reasons. 1. Those songs feature a different line-up. Neither Rob nor Alan played on those two songs, 2. The production on those two songs are vastly different than the new songs and we wanted the album to flow properly and 3. we already had one Vengeance Rising song on Lex Metalis, we didn't think it needed two.

I suggested to Retroactive to include "Sins of Omission" on the iTunes version as a bonus track, but he said, "I'd rather sell CDs than MP3s."

Makes sense. At least Sins of Omission will soon see the light of day on the P.o.D re-release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
I noticed our friend Anti-Christian Metal (aka ACM, aka Heath) had to chime in over at Blabbermouth.

And I noticed our friend Spectrefate referenced "Music From Our Elders" in his reply to that post over at Blabbermouth. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July   ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next