Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage

ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Empty
PostSubject: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:42 am

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/ultimatum-lex-metalis/

headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 am

Good review, Shawn. Very Happy I have to get my hands on this and soon! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

Thanks for the review Shawn.

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks! No problem at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 pm

You forgot to mention how Scott sometimes sounds lie a ferret being strangled. In the best way possible of course. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 am

Good review!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 am

Thanks Dennis...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:48 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:49 am

This should start showing up in people's mailboxes soon. We, the band, are still waiting for our copies to show up for our pre-orders to be sent out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
This should start showing up in people's mailboxes soon. We, the band, are still waiting for our copies to show up for our pre-orders to be sent out.

Just send all of us that pre-ordered the MP3's to hold us over Wink
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Well, what say ye jokeriv?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

AWESOME!!!!!! This has been getting alot of play!!!! My favorites are Creeping Death, Metal Health, Denim & Leather, Iron Fist, Sin After Sin, Steeler and Motopsycho (heck, I can't even remember Megadeth's version, but yours kick a**!!!!)

No offense to Vengeance Rising, but your version of can't get out is better!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:16 am

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

AWESOME!!!!!! This has been getting alot of play!!!! My favorites are Creeping Death, Metal Health, Denim & Leather, Iron Fist, Sin After Sin, Steeler and Motopsycho (heck, I can't even remember Megadeth's version, but yours kick a**!!!!)

Thanks.

Yes, our version of Motopsycho is very different than the original. The composition of the song is the same, but the tempo was nearly doubled, taking it from a mid-paced groove to a thash song. As well, Robert plays the riff a bit different and obviously I don't sound like Dave. I originally wasn't too keen on this song, but really like how it turned out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:25 am

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, our version of Motopsycho is very different than the original. The composition of the song is the same, but the tempo was nearly doubled, taking it from a mid-paced groove to a thash song. As well, Robert plays the riff a bit different and obviously I don't sound like Dave. I originally wasn't too keen on this song, but really like how it turned out.

Just curious - which version of Iron Fist do I have?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 am

You have the digital download version (the one we had wanted on the CD). When your CD arrives, there will be a different version on it. However, it's not so different that anyone will notice it without paying attention. The biggest difference is in the guitar solos which are completely different. Robert recorded three different guitar solos for that song.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I got Lex Metalis in the mail yesterday from Divine Metal Distro and I have really enjoyed it. Ultimatium gives already heavy songs a harder edge and more intensity. Great work guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com/2009/08/ultimatum-lex-metalis.html
a link to my blog.....

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm

FlyingV wrote:
I got Lex Metalis in the mail yesterday from Divine Metal Distro and I have really enjoyed it. Ultimatium gives already heavy songs a harder edge and more intensity. Great work guys!

Thanks. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Matthew Hunt wrote:
RETROACTIVE RECORDS recording artist, ULTIMATUM just passed this youtube video on to us and we thought we would pass it on to you!

See a 2 minute video on ULTIMATUM and their new album LEX METALIS (a covers album of classic metal greats!!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OON9SUnyODw

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:04 pm

I have played this over and over and over

Then....... dug through the collection and listened to the originals, 'cept for The Moshketeers" which I don't have.

Then listened agian. The performance, production, and attitude on this cd smokes.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 pm

James B. wrote:
I have played this over and over and over

Then....... dug through the collection and listened to the originals, 'cept for The Moshketeers" which I don't have.

Then listened agian. The performance, production, and attitude on this cd smokes.

Thanks. Glad to hear you like it so much. Vic smiles upon you. ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis 108889

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis   ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis
Page 1 of 1