Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Last seen movies - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm going to order District 9 this week.

If MB hates it, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Last seen movies - Page 30 Lol

Yeah, we have a proven track record of that.

Now musically we're starting to fall more in synch though ...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Just watched "Midnight Meat Train" on SyFy Channel. Toho had raved about this movie here awhile back. WHOA! That was one good, gory, nasty mindf*ck! Nice one!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:35 am

And that was probably severely edited too. I have the unrated version; excellent movie that keeps you guessing.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 am

"2012"-very boring thing!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphawallpapers.com

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:41 am

I watched District 9 last week and had fairly mixed feelings about it. It was well made, but I felt like it kept searching for a tone and never quite nailed it. It's also incredibly grim and I just wasn't in the mood for that at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And that was probably severely edited too. I have the unrated version; excellent movie that keeps you guessing.

SyFy tends to leave most of the "good stuff" in (they seem to edit mainly for language, not gore) so there was still a lotta splatter goin' on. I would still definitely check out the unrated version tho.

Last night before bed I threw on "Alien Nation" with James Caan -- not a bad 'buddy cop' movie with a sci-fi twist. The shortlived early 90s TV series based on the movie was actually better than the film though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Die Hard.

Of course, a classic. I've watched it numerous times over the years, but this was my first time watching it on Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Die Hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:14 pm

The American Film Institute Honors Monty Python's Flying Circus.

This is the HBO special from about 10 years ago where the remaining Pythons bring out an urn containing Graham Chapman's "ashes" which of course gets kicked over during the interview.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Paranormal Activity. Freaky enough, but not anything I'll watch again, or even recommend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Paranormal Activity. Freaky enough, but not anything I'll watch again, or even recommend.

That was the impression I got from reviews.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Jennifer's Body. Megan Fox eats people...'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 am

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Die Hard

Nice!!! both you and Required Fields!!!!!!

Awesome movie!!!!! I have seen it so many times, including in the theater when it first came out!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:55 am

"Moving Violations" - one of the less-successful '80s screwball comedies from the guys who made "Police Academy" and "Bachelor Party." A bunch of terrible drivers (including Fred Willard, Wendie Jo Sperber, and John Murray -- youngest bro of Bill Murray -- in his first and perhaps only leading role) are sentenced to city Traffic School in order to regain their driver's licenses. The traffic school is, of course, being taught by a vengeful, psycho traffic cop who has his own hidden agenda. Naturally, hilarity and madcap hijinks ensue.

Not a great movie by any means, but it's one of those flicks I watched zillions of times on HBO when I was in junior high and it still makes me smirk today. Something for the juvenile fourteen-year-old in all of us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:07 am

Moving Violations was the movie that I saw on my very first date, way back in 1985, I believe. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Moving Violations was the movie that I saw on my very first date, way back in 1985, I believe. Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_smile

Cool. You were what, 11 or 12 back in '85? What a stud. Laughing

Useless trivia, the guy who played the tight-a$$ cop in "M.V." has been married to Jane Seymour (!) since the early 90s. Score, dude!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:37 am

[quote="Fat Freddy]
Cool. You were what, 11 or 12 back in '85? What a stud.
[/quote]

Yep. Sonja Wilson was her name. Sweet, sweet Sonja. Smile

Last edited by SpectreFate on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention that "The Marine" with John Cena (of WWE fame) was on the FX channel seemingly every couple of hours over the holiday weekend, so I caught that as well. Damn, I love that movie. When it comes to totally mindless, script-written-on-a-cocktail-napkin blow'em up-shoot'em up fun, it's hard to beat. As "Guy Movies" go, "The Marine" is right up there with the immortal "Road House" IMO.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:54 am

Bug. Totally off the wall, great movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:14 pm

I gave my wife the Saw movies on dvd for Christmas, so we watched all those last week.

Eh, I've never been a fan but I tolerate them. The funny thing to me is that as the series goes along, the traps are increasingly less interesting while the dense continuity is kind of refreshing (but God help you if try watching them out of order).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

detuned wrote:
I watched District 9 last week and had fairly mixed feelings about it. It was well made, but I felt like it kept searching for a tone and never quite nailed it. It's also incredibly grim and I just wasn't in the mood for that at the time.

Yes. I agree. Not only do I hate pseudo-documentary type of movies, but there was something missing as well. The overall 'tone' was amiss.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Last movie I saw was The Bourne Supremecy. This has to be the best trilogy of movies ever released.

Last seen movies - Page 30 Bourne_supremacy_verdvd
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm

sheets wrote:
I gave my wife the Saw movies on dvd for Christmas, so we watched all those last week.

Eh, I've never been a fan but I tolerate them. The funny thing to me is that as the series goes along, the traps are increasingly less interesting while the dense continuity is kind of refreshing (but God help you if try watching them out of order).

That's what I really like about the Saw series. There's an overall story arc stringing them all together; questions raised in one sequel are answered somewhere down the line in another sequel.

Most horror movie sequels (and sequels in general for that matter) basically try to re-create the original. The Saw movies add to and expand on the mythos of the original.

And you're right, if you watch them out of order or worse yet, skip one, you'll be totally lost. I always rewatch the franchise before I get the newest one so I'll know what the heck is going on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Moving Violations" - one of the less-successful '80s screwball comedies from the guys who made "Police Academy" and "Bachelor Party." A bunch of terrible drivers (including Fred Willard, Wendie Jo Sperber, and John Murray -- youngest bro of Bill Murray -- in his first and perhaps only leading role) are sentenced to city Traffic School in order to regain their driver's licenses. The traffic school is, of course, being taught by a vengeful, psycho traffic cop who has his own hidden agenda. Naturally, hilarity and madcap hijinks ensue.

Not a great movie by any means, but it's one of those flicks I watched zillions of times on HBO when I was in junior high and it still makes me smirk today. Something for the juvenile fourteen-year-old in all of us.

I love movies like this one. "Summer School" is another one no one knows about, that I have seen perhaps 10 times! I bet you've seen it too. You keep bringing up all the great moveis from my youth Very Happy Alien Nation being yet another example.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next