Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 pm

- Rocky III
- Mirrors
- Mommy Dearest
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 am

LOL @ Six-Pack!

I just watched CSI: New York. Not a movie, but a good show!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
Dagon definitely has a dark and creepy atmosphere. It may reveal it's secrets a little too early for some but IMO, it really has a dark and mysterious atmosphere for most of the movie.

I saw it yesterday, and I really, really liked it. Couldn't understand half of what the drunk guy was saying though, haha. But all in all, it was a pretty good flick. Probably the most Lovecraft-esque of Gordon's films. Although all the sex and graphic violence is rather out of place I think (not that I have anything against it, on the contrary, but Lovecraft's stories were devoid of that kinda stuff).

Have you seen the silent/black & white Call of Cthulhu film? The atmosphere is even better in that movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 am

Yeah, besides being drunk, he had a heavy Spanish accent. Plus he was pretty old; he died shortly after Dagon was filmed.

I haven't seen the b/w Call Of Cthulhu but I've read about it. Most people seem to think that's the one that stays closest to the source material.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah, definitely. The atmosphere is very 1920s. The production values aren't exactly great, but that just adds to the charm. I hope that someone will make movies out of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward and Dream Quest of Unknown Kaddath.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:50 am

Saw Sherlock Holmes last night. An enjoyable movie, but I would have preferred a more traditional approach.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:35 pm

The newest Star Trek last night. Good, but the whole thing with the Japanese dude was lame.
"I know hand to hand combat."
"What kind?"
"Fencing."
"That is teh lames."
*battle ensues*
"Oh, you've got skillz, just kidding, you are teh kewl.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Saw 'Avatar'.

5 stars
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Just watched "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." It's been forever since I read an X-Men comic so I have no idea how faithful it is to the source materials (if I had to take a wild guess based on what little I remember from back in the day, I'd say "probably not very") but as a straight up action flick, it was pretty kick ass!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Chronicles of the Raven.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 am

Just saw Avatar in 3D - FREAKIN' AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!! Wow - it was good!!!!! It is a MUST SEE in the theater!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Just saw Avatar in 3D - FREAKIN' AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!! Wow - it was good!!!!! It is a MUST SEE in the theater!!!!!!

Yeah, I was impressed. Cameron hits another home run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 am

(500) Days of Summer - probably the film I enjoyed the most this year. Beautifully fresh take on a well-worn premise. One of those movies where everything just works. Even more impressive in that it was a directorial debut.

Watched it again on DVD and enjoyed it even more the second time.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:02 am

I agree with what you guys are saying about Avatar! It really is a MUST SEE in the theater! I will be buying it when it comes out on dvd as well.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 am

Iron Maiden and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.

Last seen movies - Page 28 Ironmaidenandnewwaveofbyw4

This is a very good documentary. Recommended for fans of either Iron Maiden or the NWoBHM in general.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah, I was impressed. Cameron hits another home run.

It's one of those films in the more accessible area of the spectrum that makes you remember why you love films. And I didn't think the story was lacking, either, despite some of the bad reviews. I think that's just a response to the hype the production and the filming has gotten, but it is not an effects showcase. People worship Star Wars and it's just a bloody space prophecy story, with feudalism. Also see 'Dune' 10 years earlier. 'Avatar' was heartwarming, well balanced, satisfying, and left no stone unturned. Excellent film and my favorite of the year along with the 'Watchmen' adaptation.

Unfortunately though it looks like it will be a while before I see 'The Road' which is frustrating being a McCarthy fan. But the company screwed up the theater releases, so half the cities don't have it....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I'm seeing it tonight. I'm looking very forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Avatar and Shelock Holmes are on my radar but with unexpected expenses in my car and other areas have depleted my money so it's cheaper to watch what I already have.

Sunday night:

Bernard And The Genie

Last night:

The Phantom Menace (boy that kid can't act)
Attack Of The Clones (damn, Natalie is so freakin' HOT!)
Revenge Of The Sith (best of the three and closest to the atomosphere of the origional-which I'll be watching tonight)

Also I've been watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory burned for me by my mom. Awesomely funny sitcom and one of the best since Newsradio. She tried to turn me onto Three and A Half Men but apart from a few chuckles, I find the show mostly unfunny.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Mars Attacks
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Required Fields wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I'm seeing it tonight. I'm looking very forward to it.

You will LOVE IT!!!! MUCH better than James Cameron's last film!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm a James Cameron fan period. But I think Avatar is easily his best work to date. It's my movie of the year for sure.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Lie to Me
CSI: New York
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Watched Apocalypse Now tonight. Still a classic.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 am

Watched Che - The Argentine last night.
I was disappointed, did not grab me at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next