Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus

ahhhhhh......Deborah

<---------
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Last seen movies - Page 23 Anvil

I have laryngitis right now, so less than a half hour into my work day, I was given permission to go home for the day (I work at a call center, and they recommend I give my voice a rest). I decided to go to the video store and rent a movie for the afternoon. So I decided to get Anvil!: The Story of Anvil.

What a movie this was! I loved it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Angels & Demons - pretty good movie!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:22 pm

Continuing to watch all the Beatles movies. Watched Help! last night, and it was pretty awesome. There's something about seeing Ringo Starr fight off a tiger by singing "Ode To Joy" that just makes me enjoy life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Four Christmases....great if you like Vince Vaughan, which I do.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Rapid Fire.

A very cool early 90s action movie starring the late Brandon Lee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:23 pm

No movie but I watched The Blackadder Christmas Carol on BBC America. Ufortunatly they left out one of the funniest lines. After Baldrick informs Blackadder that the subsitute baby Jesus (a dog-"damn infant mortatlity rate") chased away the animals and tore up the mager, Blackadder asks if the kids were disapointed. Baldrick said "Nah, they loved it." But the full line was suposed to be, "Nah, they loved it. They want us to do another one at Easter. They want us to nail up the dog."

I also saw most of the Mr. Bean movie but I'd prefer to have forgotten I'd seen it. Bean works great as his own show but too damn cheesy for the big screen.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 am

The Toxic Avenger. Classic! On Thursday me and my buddies are going to have a movie night with the remake of The Wicker Man, SS Doomtrooper (yes, it's as bad as it sounds), and another one tbd.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Heavy Metal: Louder Than Life. A documentary on (surprise!) metal. It was watchable - Dee Snider's always good for a laugh or two - but not as focused or well-organized as Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm

"Wind Chill"
--picked this up from the $5 DVD bin at Walmart yesterday. A winter-themed ghost story with a great premise and cool atmosphere, but didn't do much with it. Had its moments but needed to be faster paced (and be a bit more linear).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

A couple that I had already seen - Metal: A Headbanger's journey was on Palladium - cool to see it in HD and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - that movie is so freakin funny!!! AMC has had it on every night. Too bad they edited out the "Look kids - a deer"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 am

thejokeriv wrote:

I was enjoying it until it went completely insane over-the-top during the final stretch.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 am

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I was enjoying it until it went completely insane over-the-top during the final stretch.

Nah - that was OK. Dan Brown's books tend to have that over the top ending, but that's OK. The movies was pretty close to the book, but they left out the subplot of Robert's fear of water from being stuck in a well as a kid. That scene with him escaping death from hiding in a sewer had a couple shout outs to fans of the book. The events of the book happen before the Divinci Code - in the movie, the say it happens afterwards. They did the same thing with Patriot Games, which happens before The Hunt For Red October in the books, but after in the movies.

I hope they do a movie of The Lost Symbol, good book. Hanks does a great job as Robert Langdon and at least he doesn't have the stupid hair cut he did in the first movie anymore. That hair style in the divinci code was even worse than his hair cut as forrest gump!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm watching a 6 hour BBC documentary about Monty Python's Flying Circus called "Monty Python - Almost The Truth (The Lawyer's Cut)".

Definitely only for Python fanboys but I'm loving it. There are also quotes and cameos from other famous people one of whom is Bruce Dickinson. Apparently, he's a fanboy too (The Parrot Sketch is his favorite).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:22 am

"Swamp Thing," Wes Craven's semi classic monster mash with Adrienne (sigh) Barbeau....

I felt compelled to watch that cuz Adrienne also turned up in a kiddie Christmas movie that my kids watched yesterday on ABC Family Channel called "The Dog Who Saved Christmas" (which was typical made for TV kid stuff - basically it was "Home Alone" with a Labrador retriever in place of Macauly Culkin. The boys enjoyed it tho.)-- she played the crazy old cat-lady next door neighbor and Lordy, time has not been kind to her....! So I threw on "Swampy" afterwards to bring back some pleasant memories of how stacked A.B.'s rack was back in the day. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:48 am

"Terror Train" -- crappy early 80s slasher trash starring Jamie Lee Curtis. Recorded it off of Fox Movie Channel in the wee hours one night last week cuz I wasn't sure if I'd ever seen the movie or not. After watching it I wished I hadnt' bothered. Lame set up, slow moving and not scary or gory in the slightest.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am

Marley & Me.

Just happened to come on HBO right as the wife and I sat down. Terrible. I felt no connection to that dog wahtsoever. He wasn't adorable. He was disobedient & destructive. My wife cried, I couldn't wait for it to end.

Bah-humbug!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Marley & Me.

Just happened to come on HBO right as the wife and I sat down. Terrible. I felt no connection to that dog wahtsoever. He wasn't adorable. He was disobedient & destructive. My wife cried, I couldn't wait for it to end.

Bah-humbug!

We've been avoiding that movie. My seven year old got the book from the library last year and I was reading a chapter to him before bed every night for a while. When we got about 9/10's of the way thru it and we both realized it was not going to have a happy ending, he requested that I not read the last couple of chapters.

My bro-in-law and his wife bought the DVD for my niece awhile back (not knowing about the book and thinking it was just another cute, cuddly kiddie movie about a dog) and they said my niece was fairly traumatized by the ending.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

I grew up with dogs, cats, hamsters, goldfish etc. So I'd considder myself a "pet person", but I never grew that close with any of them. My wife on the other hand is not. She never owned any pets growing up. We don't have any pets now (except the fish in the pond out back) and I don't see us getting any in the forseeable future. I don't want the responsibility of raising a dog. So I was kinda surprised at her reaction as well as mine. I thought I might get a little choked up or something. But nothing. I just thought of Marley as an annoyance. Come to think of it, Owen Wilson was an annoyance as well.

I never read the book (surprise), but I had an idea that it was not a happy ending.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Quote :
"Swamp Thing," Wes Craven's semi classic monster mash with Adrienne (sigh) Barbeau....

Semi?? Slap the fingers that typed such blasphemy. That movie and it's female star a capital C Classic!

"you become more of what you already are"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Semi?? Slap the fingers that typed such blasphemy. That movie and it's female star a capital C Classic!

"you become more of what you already are"

Eeeeeeasy there cowpoke! Swampy's OK by me! I meant "Semi-classic" in the sense that "Most people don't like this movie, but those who do like it, reeeeeally like it."

I will never forget watching that flick with my Dad on HBO when I was about 13 or so (he was probably roped in by the hopes of seeing Adrienne's rack unleashed)... when he first saw "Arcane" on screen he sez "Is that Louis Jourdan? What the hell's he doing in this piece of sh*t?" Last seen movies - Page 23 201269

...I'm not overly familiar with Mr. Jourdan's filmography but I assume my Dad must've remembered him from other movies that were, shall we say, decidedly higher class than that one.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm

In today's installment of the Monty Python documentary, I learned that The Holy Grail was partially financed by Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
In today's installment of the Monty Python documentary, I learned that The Holy Grail was partially financed by Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Didin't George Harrison of the Beatles have something to do with it as well? Or maybe I'm thinking of Life of Brian. I think he was involved financially with the Pythons and their movies too.

EDIT: It was Life of Brian.
Quote :
The film would not have been made without former Beatle and Python fan George Harrison, who set up Handmade Films to help fund it at a cost of £3 million (a move later described by Eric Idle as the "world's most expensive cinema ticket").

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:41 pm

George H. was chummy with the Python guys. His Handmade Films company also released Terry Gilliam's "TIME BANDITS"...

He also made a cameo appearance in Eric Idle's parody of the Beatles saga, "All You Need Is Cash," (the story of "The Rutles"), as a TV news interviewer.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 am

The Robot Vs. The Aztec Mummy courtesy of MST3K. Horrible movie which could barely be saved by the commentary. It's also an early episode which I don't enjoy too much. TV's Frank is 1000X better than the guy in the glasses with the weak voice and I can't get used to the orgional voice of Tom Servo. However, the demon dogs were hilarious and redeemed an otherwise so so MST3K episode.

Night At The Museum: Enjoyed it as much as the first. Amy Adams was even more irresistable this time. The first time I saw the movie, I was so enamored with her that when I got home I looked up picture of her on google for my collection. Unfortunatly, very few of the pictures did her justice. However, this time I was inspired to look up her in google again and this time I found 20 pictures of her that captured her hottness real well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next