Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Last seen movies - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:58 am

Freddy's Schlocktober Horror Craptacular continues! Last night's feature presentation...

"Frightmare" - early 80s horror cheese that tries (mostly unsuccessfully) to combine the atmosphere of a '30s/'40s Universal Monsters flick and the shock factor of a slasher film. A group of film students steal the body of their recently-deceased favorite horror movie star from his tomb, only to quickly regret that decision when he returns from the dead and starts pickin' em off one by one. Silly, goofy stuff with a pretty wicked cool decapitation scene and featuring a young Jeffrey ("Re-Animator") Combs in an early role as one of the unlucky students.

Yes, this was another dollar store find, in case you couldn't tell. Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_lol (I picked it up on Shiney's recommendation.) For that price it was worth a look. But I wouldn't pay more than a buck!!!

Here's the trailer (under its alternate title, "The Horror Star")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Quote :
"Jason X" for at least the third or fourth time. Call me crazy but I love that freakin' movie.

I too love this movie. I hadn't seen a F13 in theaters since maybe Pt.5 but got passes to it and figured it would suck. Man was I wrong. I love it even more with each viewing.

I need to get with the season and watch more horror. Just not feeling Halloween this year.

Waterboy. Can't say that I still didn't laugh at parts but it hasn't aged that well for me. Think I just got tired of Adam Sandler's idiot routine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Last seen movies - Page 13 Drag%20Me%20To%20Hell
Got the DVD today, love this movie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 am

Quote :
George Romeros Diary of the Dead

I was underwhelmed as well Toho.

Quote :
Jason X

Saw this at the Drive-In theatre. Awesome!! I love the cheesiness of it as well. I love the nano-bots fixing Jason and his reaction to his new self.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Freddy's Schlocktober Horror Craptacular continues! Last night's feature presentation...

"Frightmare" - early 80s horror cheese that tries (mostly unsuccessfully) to combine the atmosphere of a '30s/'40s Universal Monsters flick and the shock factor of a slasher film. A group of film students steal the body of their recently-deceased favorite horror movie star from his tomb, only to quickly regret that decision when he returns from the dead and starts pickin' em off one by one. Silly, goofy stuff with a pretty wicked cool decapitation scene and featuring a young Jeffrey ("Re-Animator") Combs in an early role as one of the unlucky students.

Yes, this was another dollar store find, in case you couldn't tell. Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_lol (I picked it up on Shiney's recommendation.) For that price it was worth a look. But I wouldn't pay more than a buck!!!

Here's the trailer (under its alternate title, "The Horror Star")

I enjoy these Freddy Schlocktober entries; you're bringing up movies I haven't thought about in years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I enjoy these Freddy Schlocktober entries; you're bringing up movies I haven't thought about in years.

Glad you're enjoying'em cuz I'm having fun posting'em! Laughing Tonight's feature (once the kids are in bed) will be 1986's "TerrorVision" starring Mary Woronov -- recorded that one off of Turner Classic Movies (!) last night. Always wanted to see it but never got a chance till now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I think there's some kind of connection between Terrorvision and Blue Oyster Cult but I can't remember exactly what it is. I think they're music is in the movie or something.

Nevermind, I was thinking of some other cheesy movie.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think there's some kind of connection between Terrorvision and Blue Oyster Cult but I can't remember exactly what it is. I think they're music is in the movie or something.

I believe the movie that B.O.C. did music for was "Bad Channels," also from Charles & Albert Band's Empire Pictures.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:00 pm

TerrorVision is bad/good....You'll love it.

BAD CHANNELS...is just bad....

I found myself pining for the putrid film, THE VIDEO DEAD today...sigh, if only I onwed a company that put out DVDs..

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I believe the movie that B.O.C. did music for was "Bad Channels," also from Charles & Albert Band's Empire Pictures.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

A lot of those Full Moon/Empire Pictures blur together for me. Except for those puppet movies with the musclebound puppet with the tiny head.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:12 pm

This one:

Last seen movies - Page 13 Vcast_puppet

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This one:

Last seen movies - Page 13 Vcast_puppet

Supposedly there are plans to re-start the "Puppet Master" franchise sometime soon. I never understood why they were so popular though. I saw the first two or three and thought they were pretty awful. "Demonic Toys" were way better.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:57 am

Wasn't there another movie woth the title Frightmare too? I remembered the tiltle, but the clip you put up was from a movie I am totally unfamiliar with.

I saw The Departed last night. Was a littlwe dissapointed, but it was still a good movie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 am

kmorg wrote:
Wasn't there another movie woth the title Frightmare too? I remembered the tiltle, but the clip you put up was from a movie I am totally unfamiliar with.

I saw The Departed last night. Was a littlwe dissapointed, but it was still a good movie.
There is another film called Frightmare that I saw a few years ago. It was a really bad, very low budget slasher. The movie also goes by the name Paranoid from what I understand. I don't know if this is the movie your talking about, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:21 am

According to IMDB, there are at least three movies with the title "Frightmare"...

Last night's Schlocktober pick: "TerrorVision," a goofy-as-hell '80s sci-fi/horror/comedy starring Mary Woronov (aka Principal Togar of "Rock N Roll High School" fame!) ... an intentionally campy story of an American family whose brand spankin' new satellite TV system accidentally "beams in" a carnivorous alien being. Sooooo '80s it hurt.

Coolest part for me was when the kids watched a few seconds of W.A.S.P. playing "Tormentor" on TV while they channel surfed. Haha! One of the characters wears a W.A.S.P. shirt for most of the movie too.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 am

I have fond memories of Terrorvision....of course, those memories aren't exactly clear. LOL
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 am

It's probably this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071523/

Strangely enough, this is the original Frightmare, released in 1974. But after the 1983 version of Frightmare came out, which has nothing to do with the 1974 version, the movie company reissued the 1974 version on VHS, as..... "Frightmare 2"!!?????

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:37 am

Watched 'North County' and Oliver Stone's 'World Trade Center' not bad flicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:24 pm

"The Proposal"
Not a bad chick flick, the wife loved it

"Drag Me To Hell"
Sam raimi goodness, I'm glad that weak b!tch was dragged to hell

"Practical Magic"

Damn. Sandra Bullock is hot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

"Drag Me To Hell"
Sam raimi goodness, I'm glad that weak b!tch was dragged to hell

"Practical Magic"

Damn. Sandra Bullock is hot

yep...I love the way Raimi makes the main character unlikeable, so you end up rooting for the demon. Very Happy

Practical Magic....Bullock & Kidman together are enough to bring on cardiac arrest.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Watched 'Crash' another movie that has been in my DVD collection for awhile and finally got around to watching, excellent thought provoking film.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Over the Weekend

Halloween-Resurrection
Saw III
Joy Ride 2:Dead Ahead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Trailer for "TerrorVision" -- note the long haired metal dude in the W.A.S.P. shirt!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Over the past week I've been watching my Loony Toons Golden Collection volume 6 and while I love Bugs and company, this just ain't cuttin' it when ya'll are watching cheesy horror movies.

I think tomorrow I'm reversing course and going back to some of the "classics" in my collection.

I think "Slither" will be first up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am

detuned wrote:

Practical Magic....Bullock & Kidman together are enough to bring on cardiac arrest.

Nicole Kidman is soooooo freakin' HOT in that movie!! And Sandra Bullock ain't too shabby neither.

As for me, last movie I watched was "Virus," a recent dollar store pickup. Expected it to be cheesy but it was actually a pretty well done end-of-the-world/apocalypse flick. Apparently at the time it was released (1980) this was the most expensive Japanese film ever made, it was one of those "big budget spectaculars" with a huge cast of both Japanese and Western actors. It was a bit talky at times and could've used some more action scenes but it kept my interest, more or less. I'm told that the version released in Japan adds nearly an hour (mainly featuring the Japanese cast) to the run time.

The American actors are mainly character guys who were doing lots of diaster movies like these in the late 70s (the ever reliable Glenn Ford as the president of the United States, Henry Silva as a crazed Army general, George Kennedy of the "Airport" series, Robert Vaughn, Bo Svenson, etc.) -- I did raise an eyebrow at Chuck ("The Rifleman") Connors in the role of a British (?) submarine captain, because he doesn't even try to do a British accent. Last seen movies - Page 13 Lmao

Since end-of-the-world movies have kinda come back into vogue over the past few years ("Day After Tomorrow," the upcoming "2012") this could almost be seen as the grand-daddy of 'em all. You actually get two apocalypses in this movie for the price of one (a plague kills most of the people on earth, then nuclear missiles accidentally get launched on the few who are left!) -- you can't ask for much more than that for a buck can ya?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next