Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Last seen movies - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Finally watched 'Munich' an excellent movie directed by Steven Spielberg. An interesting look at after the effects and response of Israel to the terrorists attacks and murder of the Olympics athletes in 1972.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am

"Scarecrows" - late '80s horror flick about a bunch of bank robbers who parachute from their escape plane, right smack into the middle of a haunted graveyard patrolled by killer scarecrows. A dumb but fun little hack-fest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Just watched 'The Life and Death of Peter Sellers' a great but sad film.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy today. Great flick!

Alex

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Anvil! The Story Of Anvil

Loved it, but it was a lot sadder than I thought it would be. The relationship between Robb and Lips was painful and beautiful all at the same time. Easy to see why non-metal fans like it. I actually found myself glad they've had this recent success more for Glenn Five and their families than Robb and Lips. I hope the older sister is at least getting some cut of whatever is coming in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:23 pm

exact33 wrote:

Alex

It was OK but as usual when a movie tries to adapt a book(s) for the big screen, those who have read the books usually find the cinematic experience inferior.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Watched an old flick today I bought cheap on DVD

Greystroke: The Legend of Tarzan: Lord of the Apes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Watching Friday The 13th (The Original 1980)....filmed not to far from where our resident Fat Freddy lives.....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:18 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Watching Friday The 13th (The Original 1980)....filmed not to far from where our resident Fat Freddy lives.....

Ya know, if you set aside the fact that that movie helped launch the slasher genre and thus a bunch of inferior clones, that's actually a pretty damn good movie.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

It was OK but as usual when a movie tries to adapt a book(s) for the big screen, those who have read the books usually find the cinematic experience inferior.

I loved the "Hitchhiker's" books and loved the movie as well. Even though it detoured from the so-called "storyline" of the book in a lot of ways (all of which were approved by Douglas Adams before he died, by the way) it still managed to capture the oddball feel of the novel. Great stuff.

SPECTREFATE wrote:

I passed the exits for Blairstown and Hope, NJ on Rt. 80 just this past weekend... and as always I muttered the famed "ki-ki-ki, ma-ma-ma" sound effect to myself. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 am

The Schlocktober Craptacular Film Festival continues at Casa Del Freddy:

"Gothkill" -- shot-on-video indie nonsense about a bunch of poser Goth kids at a New York City nightclub who accidentally conjure up a real demon who's been trapped in Hell since the Inquisition. Lots of blood, lots of boobs, plenty of bad acting. Former FUSE-TV metal hostess "Juliya" has a bit part. Unfortunately, she does not display her boobs. If she did the movie would've been much more watchable. Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_sad

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Drag Me to Hell -- pretty good. Had some slapstick horror scenes that reminded me of Evil Dead.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

true but it was a fun movie.

Tonight I watched Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan!

KHAN!!! KHAN!!!!! I am laughing at you!!!

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Toolbox Murders, the Tobe Hooper remake. I liked the original, but not this one. The remake had a occult twist to the story that I thought didn't work. Hooper strikes out again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:14 am

"Maniac Cop" - a classic slice of 80s B-Movie sleaze. Ya can't go wrong with Bruce Campbell, Tom (Halloween III) Atkins and Richard Roundtree all in the same movie and a script by Larry (It's Alive) Cohen!!

Still looking for either of the two "Maniac Cop" sequels on DVD.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 am

The Brothers Bloom - very enjoyable caper/comedy that did a nice job of capturing a classic Hollywood kind of vibe. Very funny, great jazz-flavored score and good performances all around.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Last seen movies - Page 12 Kirk-yelling-at-kahn

Best Star Trek ever (old guy edition)!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:45 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Last seen movies - Page 12 Kirk-yelling-at-kahn

Best Star Trek ever (old guy edition)!

Last seen movies - Page 12 Lmao Old Guy edition!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 am

"Jason X" for at least the third or fourth time. Call me crazy but I love that freakin' movie.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 am

George Romeros Diary of the Dead
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Jason X" for at least the third or fourth time. Call me crazy but I love that freakin' movie.

The silliest movie in the series (which is reallly saying something!) but I love the cheesiness of the flick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The silliest movie in the series (which is reallly saying something!) but I love the cheesiness of the flick.

That's why I love it! When New Line Pictures took over the F13 franchise they obviously decided right off that instead of making more of the usual standard "Jason chops up campers in the woods" movies they were gonna go completely nuts and do different stuff with him. Unfortunately I felt that they dropped the ball with their first F13 film (the terrible "Jason Goes To Hell") but I thought they hit a home run with "Jason X," It had the right balance of action, humor and mayhem.

When "Jason X" first came out on video, I remember returning it to the rental store and the girl behind the counter asked me "Was this movie scary?" -- I said, "Oh pleeeeeease honey. These movies haven't been scary in 20 years." Last seen movies - Page 12 Lmao

That flick also has my favorite kill scene in the entire "Friday the 13th" series - when Jason dunks that chick's head in the tank of liquid nitrogen, then shatters her face like a beer bottle on the counter top! Last seen movies - Page 12 Lmao

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:30 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

I hated that movie. I don't like the whole "documentary-style" horror flick trend and to top it off, this movie has almost zero story.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 am

tohostudios wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I hated that movie. I don't like the whole "documentary-style" horror flick trend and to top it off, this movie has almost zero story.

Yeah I dont care much for the documentary style stuff either.But if theres zombies I'll watch it at least once Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah I dont care much for the documentary style stuff either.But if theres zombies I'll watch it at least once Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_smile

Yeah, me too. And since I have all the other Romero dead movies, I had to buy this one.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next