Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Last seen movies - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:02 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Halloween - the Rob Zombie one

Pretty good. Very gory/violent. Very. I'm a sucker for back stories. I love to know they "why" so I liked that. Once the adult MM gets going, it's just O.K.

The Scream Queen is roughly 1 Million times hotter than that pedestrian girl in this version.

That's exactly how I felt about that one. I liked the backstory but once MM breaks out of the asylum, it's kinda dull.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Winged Creatures
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm

The Wrestler: very good but very depressing movie. That's the life of a pro wrestler though. You give a lot but get very litte in return. If your lucky enough you can be successful, but only 1 in 50 ever make it to the WWE (or 8 in 50 to TNA-both just wild estimates). Awesome soundtrack also (if you love 80s metal/hard rock that is).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The Wrestler: very good but very depressing movie. That's the life of a pro wrestler though. You give a lot but get very litte in return. If your lucky enough you can be successful, but only 1 in 50 ever make it to the WWE (or 8 in 50 to TNA-both just wild estimates). Awesome soundtrack also (if you love 80s metal/hard rock that is).

Very good movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Required Fields wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Very good movie!

I agree! On the IMdb Message board about this movie, there's some discussion about the ending. I think Rammer died doing his off the top rope move. What do you guys think?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:27 pm

BTW, this movie reminds me so much of Ric Flair. The guy who just can't let his glorious wrestling past go. I read last week the Flair is actually going to wrestle Hulk Hogan in Australia.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, this movie reminds me so much of Ric Flair. The guy who just can't let his glorious wrestling past go. I read last week the Flair is actually going to wrestle Hulk Hogan in Australia.

The only difference is Ric has a good relationship with his sons and doesn't need the money nearly as bad as the character did. I'd say a better comparison is Terry Funk who didn't have the financial back-up like Ric did (and who retired like 4-5 times). Or Abdullah The Butcher who still wrestles in his late 60s (although his main problems are his size-got so bad at an independent show that he had to be rolled out of the ring by several people).
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 am

So I saw Inglourious Basterds last week, and holy cow was it impressive! The scene where Brad Pitt spoke Italian was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
So I saw Inglourious Basterds last week, and holy cow was it impressive! The scene where Brad Pitt spoke Italian was hilarious.

Bonjero

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am

The Dark Knight

Damn good movie
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:35 am

Race to Witch Mountain

watched with the kids.....good one!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 am

T-Roy wrote:
Race to Witch Mountain

That's the one with The Rock, right?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Race to Witch Mountain

That's the one with The Rock, right?

No! Dwane Johnson! Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_biggrin There is no more Rock remember?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:05 pm

He'll always be The Rock to me. Man, that was when WWE was still fun.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Havent watched many movies lately, but I have been watching the first season of Parker Lewis Can't Lose
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 pm

The Rocker - came across it on Cinemax and thought I'd give it a few minutes. Ended up watching the whole thing. Wasn't great but had it's moments. Christina Applegate and the manager guy needed more screen time though. Also the Peter Best cameo was great.

Quote :
I think Rammer died doing his off the top rope move. What do you guys think?

I read it as he died - almost a suicide type deal. Going out the only way he knew. When I was young I had brief ambitions to be a wrestler until two things happened 1) Wahoo McDaniel came into our family's business and it was obvivious he wasn't very well off. This was not long after he was in the NWA and on TV. Until then I figured they were all rich like other pro athletes. 2)I saw Bam Bam Bigelow and Sgt Slaughter at a small armory show where they were selling polaroids at intermission. To me they were big time and this was so small time - very sad. Just the year before Bigelow was fighting Andre the Giant in the Survivor Series main event. Ironically though SGT. Slaughter was in the main event at Wrestlemania a year and a half later.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Funny People; Kind of a mess...there were bits in it I found really funny and bits in it that really worked. Its a shame that it comes with a load of superfluous baggage and awkward attempts at fusing some heavy dramatic elements into the story in an overlong and unbalanced movie that has no idea what it
wants to be or what it wants to say.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
The Dark Knight

Damn good movie

And then some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

exact33 wrote:

you sir are officially "the man"
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 am

sam wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Smile

I am going to watch The Two towers tonight!!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 am

Quote :
The Rocker - came across it on Cinemax and thought I'd give it a few minutes. Ended up watching the whole thing. Wasn't great but had it's moments. Christina Applegate and the manager guy needed more screen time though. Also the Peter Best cameo was great.

OoooooFaaaa, I couldn't get through 10 minutes of that one. Hollywood's idea of a "rocker" is putting Dwight Schrute in a mullet and then playing out every bad cliche in the book. Terrible.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 am

Talk of the The Rocker reminds me that I tried watching Rock Star recently and just couldn't make it through more than the first part of the film. I'm so tired of Hollywood thinking that metal = mainstream glam bands in the 80s. The original music for the film was also awful. That's the problem with making movies about successful rock bands - if the music attributed to the band isn't genuinely great, it really throws you out of the experience.

I haven't been watching many actual movies lately, but I did check out the first season of Supernatural on dvd. Good stuff. Pretty gory for a tv show, likable characters, and the soundtrack is probably the best I've heard for television (Black Sabbath, Rush, Def Leppard, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, etc.). I'll be sure to get the second season soon.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
sam wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Smile

My personal favorite, Helm's deep is the most epic thing to ever happen in a movie.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:46 pm

sam wrote:
exact33 wrote:
sam wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_smile

My personal favorite, Helm's deep is the most epic thing to ever happen in a movie.

Extended Edition? Does that mean it'll be like a 4 hour movie? haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next