Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Last seen movies - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 pm

SPECTREFATE wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching a great one right now. A French movie called "Martyrs". I don't know what's getting into the French lately but this is about the 4th French horror movie in a row that has really hooked and disturbed me.

Have you ever seen "High Tension"? I dug that one a lot.

Yep! I think that one started this French trend. After that, I saw "Inside" which was even better.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm

"Martyrs" is great...so is "Frontier(s)"...and the one I wathed the other day "Calvaire" just creepy!!!

I have "Trick R' Treat" on board for the weekend viewing...wheee!!

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Midnight Meat Train. Kind of slow in parts but pretty well done, overall. Vinnie Jones is surprisingly excellent despite playing a nearly silent role. I haven't read the original Clive Barker story but the vibe from this movie is that it's basically Barker homaging Lovecraft.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: q   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 pm

sheets wrote:
Midnight Meat Train. Kind of slow in parts but pretty well done, overall. Vinnie Jones is surprisingly excellent despite playing a nearly silent role. I haven't read the original Clive Barker story but the vibe from this movie is that it's basically Barker homaging Lovecraft.

I LOVE Midnight Meat Train. I had no idea where the movie was going. I sure couldn't predict the ending.

I've read that Clive has penned a sequel; here's hoping it gets made.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:12 am

Fat Freddy's Dollar Store DVD Film Festival continues...

"Creature" - German actor Klaus Kinski headlines over a cast of total unknowns in this "B" grade sci-fi/horror movie from the mid '80s. Suprisingly decent sets and models for what was obviously a low budget production, though the title creature (and the whole movie) is basically a low grade rip off of Giger's "Alien" design. Not an original film in the slightest but it was fun to watch.

Gore fiends should be pleased by this one, as it includes a decapitation, an exploding head scene, and a dude getting his face ripped off of his skull. Plus, there are boobies!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy's Dollar Store DVD Film Festival continues...

"Creature" - "B" grade sci-fi movie from the mid '80s. Suprisingly decent sets and models for what was obviously a low budget production, though the title creature (and the whole movie) is basically a low grade rip off of Giger's "Alien" design. Not an original film in the slightest but it was fun to watch.

Gore fiends should be pleased by this one, as it includes a decapitation, an exploding head scene, and a dude getting his face ripped off of his skull. Plus, there are boobies!

Monster, check. Gore, check. Nudity, check.

What's not to like? Last seen movies - Page 11 Lmao

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:18 am

tohostudios wrote:

Monster, check. Gore, check. Nudity, check.

What's not to like? Last seen movies - Page 11 Lmao

...and you can find this classic on DVD at your local dollar store, with Mark Hamill and Bill Paxton in "Slipstream" on the same disc! How can you possibly go wrong??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:23 am

I seem to remember seeing Creature on VHS back in the day. Only thing I remember is that I thought it was an Alien ripoff. Samething with "Parasite".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
I seem to remember seeing Creature on VHS back in the day. Only thing I remember is that I thought it was an Alien ripoff. Samething with "Parasite".

Yea, it's a pretty obvious bite off of "Alien," the creature even looks somewhat similar.

I saw "Creature" back in the 80s too, so when I saw it in the dollar store I had to grab it, I remember liking the movie back then but of course I wondered how well (or not) it had aged. It's cheesy as hell but it was still a fun flick.

"Parasite" -- I remember that one too. Demi Moore's motion picture debut if I recall correctly. And it was in 3-D too!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yea, it's a pretty obvious bite off of "Alien," the creature even looks somewhat similar.

I saw "Creature" back in the 80s too, so when I saw it in the dollar store I had to grab it, I remember liking the movie back then but of course I wondered how well (or not) it had aged. It's cheesy as hell but it was still a fun flick.

"Parasite" -- I remember that one too. Demi Moore's motion picture debut if I recall correctly. And it was in 3-D too!

We're the Connoisseurs Of Crap!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 am

tohostudios wrote:

We're the Connoisseurs Of Crap!

And proud of it!! Last seen movies - Page 11 918552

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 am

Quote :
Midnight Meat Train

The name seemed stupid, so I've been avoiding. My need to rectify that!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Midnight Meat Train

The name seemed stupid, so I've been avoiding. My need to rectify that!

No, it's great!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Shiney wrote:
"Martyrs" is great...so is "Frontier(s)"...and the one I wathed the other day "Calvaire" just creepy!!!

I have "Trick R' Treat" on board for the weekend viewing...wheee!!

I finished Martyrs and I think they ruined it with the last 30 minutes. We went from "I Spit On Your Grave" with "Evil Dead" trappings to "Hostel" in a heartbeat.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Watched Trick 'r Treat this afternoon. Very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 pm

The Stepfather (1987) Great!

Baby Mama (2008) (Again) One of my favorite comedies ever. Love it!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:25 pm

SPECTREFATE wrote:

Great movie! Always been one of my favorites, that scene in the basement is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:42 am

Fat Freddy's Dollar Store DVD Craptacular continued last night with....

"Carnage" (1983) - Oy, this is the absolute bottom of the barrel! A piss poor haunted house story that doesn't even deserve to be called "low budget." This was NO budget. A newlywed couple commits suicide in their new house, then when the house is sold the bride's ghost torments the new owners. Despite the title "Carnage," there's very little in the way of actual carnage. The few attempts at scares/blood/gore are absolutely laughable and the acting and storyline scream "amateur." I could've made a better movie than this with my home video camera and a few friends. Even though this movie only cost me a buck, I want my money back.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:03 am

DeathCult wrote:
SPECTREFATE wrote:

Great movie! Always been one of my favorites, that scene in the basement is awesome.

That is a great movie. Unfortunately, it's being remade.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 am

Swing Vote

Good flick. Had some great parts where both presidential candidates were totally going against party beliefs just on some comment "Bud" would make. It was great. I liked the anti-abortion commercial from the liberal guy, little kids were "poofing" in the background on a playground. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Watched Freddy vs. Jason last night.I had seen this a few years back but thought what the heck.I'm getting into the Halloween horror movie mood this month.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Anvil - The Story Of Anvil - what a GREAT movie!!!!
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:07 pm

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. This is a case of one of those movies in which it's so far over the top that it comes back around the other side as something that's actually entertaining. It's just crazy, like the filmmakers watched Team America and decided they needed to one-up that movie even though it's a parody of movies like this ("Eiffel Tower getting knocked over? Pfft. We'll show those wimps how it's done!"). I think the point I realized I was enjoying myself was the scene in which l'il Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, played by like 10 year old boys, beat the living crap out of each other for about five minutes, with meat cleavers included among the weapons involved.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:44 am

Zombieland

Loved this!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Watched Rob Zombie's "The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto" this weekend.

This is an animated version of his comic book and was drawn by the same people who rendered Ren and Stimpy so you know the animation is cool.

The problem is that there's next to no real storyline and it's really not very funny. Plus Superbeasto has to be the most unlikeable "hero" in cinematic history.

The movie has its moments (the talking Nazi zombie head on a spear) but overall, I found most of the gags fell flat. Also, if this movie was live action instead of animation, it would definitely be rated X; lots of gratuitous nudity and sex in this one.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next