Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning

Go down 
+33
Orion Crystal Ice
Eyesore
Wurthless
corplhicks
kmorg
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
7thSaviour
Thrasher73
ghost
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Required Fields
biddle
the sentinel
MetalFRO
Al.
DeathCult
bgast1
nevermore
thejokeriv
stepcousin
Leatherface
GrandNational
James B.
Svengo
Temple of Blood
fingers
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Fates Warning - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Whilst I love the Arch era stuff, I'm probably leaning towards Ray Alder, as Perfect Symmetry is probably my favourite FW album. That said, I'm loving Arch/Matheos right now, which is really a fusion of both eras!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:26 am

"X" is great. After that cold, mechanic "Disconnected" I was happy to get such an album. Hope their new one will be in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 am

I Just learned that John Arch works at the same place I Do..... a co worker turned me on to an album by Arch and Metheious which from what i heard is killer. He burned me a copy hehe So I am gonna have to check out some early fates warning now
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Addy wrote:
I Just learned that John Arch works at the same place I Do..... a co worker turned me on to an album by Arch and Metheious which from what i heard is killer. He burned me a copy hehe So I am gonna have to check out some early fates warning now

I love early Fates Warning, especially Spectre Within. I met John back when FW were touring with Motorhead. Of course he will never remember, but the show was cancelled because Motorhead's truck broke down with all the PA equipment, but Fates Warning made it to the venue and walked around outside and met some of the fans.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:28 pm

I saw FW alot when they first popped up, sadly the last time was when they were middle slot opening for King's X (Gretchen Tour) in Santa Anna, Calif. Like Scott. dig on the early stuff but by the late, late 80's early 90's.....my interest waned.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Addy wrote:

I love early Fates Warning, especially Spectre Within. I met John back when FW were touring with Motorhead. Of course he will never remember, but the show was cancelled because Motorhead's truck broke down with all the PA equipment, but Fates Warning made it to the venue and walked around outside and met some of the fans.

Im hoping to meet the guy eventually I am not sure which building he works in but the locations are all within a few miles of each other. At least the CT ones hehe Im really digging the Arch / Metheios stuff been jamming that and Megadeth's Rust in Peace headbanger
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am

I actually got to meet John Arch recently he's a pretty nice guy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 5:00 am

Addy wrote:

Cool! Did you say hi to him for me? Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:18 am

New album news!

FATES WARNING To Release 'Darkness In A Different Light' In September - Aug. 1, 2013

One of the premier bands of the American progressive metal movement, FATES WARNING will release its eleventh studio album, "Darkness In A Different Light", on September 27 via InsideOut Music. Featuring founding guitarist Jim Matheos alongside classic-lineup members Ray Alder (vocals) and Frank Aresti (guitar), longtime bassist Joey Vera and drummer Bobby Jarzombek, the CD was produced by Matheos and mixed by longtime FATES WARNING engineer Phil Magnotti. The effort was mastered by mastered by Maor Appelbaum (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, SEPULTURA, ANVIL) at Maor Appelbaum Mastering in California. The cover artwork was designed by Conte di San Pietro.

Commented Alder: "'Darkness In A Different Light' is the result of almost two years of very hard work from everyone in the band.

"I believe that this lineup is the best that FATES WARNING has ever had, and I also think that it comes through in the music on this album.

"It's been almost nine years since our last studio album and I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished here.

"We are looking very much forward to playing some new songs for our fans who have stuck by us over all these years.

"We plan on touring as much as possible for 'Darkness In A Different Light' and hopefully we'll hit a few places we've never been."

FATES WARNING will embark on a North American tour in November. The trek will launch November 15 in Joliet, Illinois and wrap December 14 in Seattle, Washington.

Fates Warning - Page 3 Fatesw10
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:36 pm

This is my album of the year. Eeeeeexcellent.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Cool cover.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh man, I can't wait. Totally fangirling right now.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:06 am

Awesome! I think FWX is brilliant, so I can't wait for this.

My favorite Fates Warning tune. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm

New song streaming (at the 26:30 mark on a podcast):

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fates-warning-new-song-into-the-black-available-for-streaming/

Sound like Fates Warning to me and sounds like a killer track, really looking forward to some new Fates Warning!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Sounds great to me! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Another new song streaming - sounds good to my ears:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/fates-warning-exclusive-premiere-firefly/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Here's a youtube link for the track Joker shared above:

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
Addy wrote:
Cool! Did you say hi to him for me?  Laughing
Sorry no but I did mention about a friend of mine who is a huge fan of his
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Not too bad, but it kind of makes me wonder why not Arch/Matheos because it's exactly the same idea. Then again, I have this feeling like that record sort of didn't do amazing. Riff idea here isn't too exciting but Ray sounds better than he did on FWX. Hmm..
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:56 am

I have a co worker who is a guitarist loves his Metal, he's been talking bout doing some originals and is looking to have Arch do the vox (since they know each other pretty well and are good friends)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

I like that new song....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 am

I like what I'm hearing there. I don't have too much of this band (just they're Chasing Time comp) but do like that one. I should try to get more from them.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 pm

It has mellow, Inside Out-like feel to it, and that's great.
I have somewhat a ritual listening to Firefly at the end of the day a dozen times.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Been spinning Darkness in a different light. Good album. Haven't made it to the bonus disc yet.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:12 am

journeyman wrote:
Been spinning Darkness in a different light. Good album. Haven't made it to the bonus disc yet.
Been listening to this one a lot lately - killer album, possible album of the year for me. The bonus disc is cool - Firefly is just an extended version of the song. Falling Further is basically a full band/full song version of Falling........ I think they should have included both songs on the full CD, with Falling Further right after Falling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next