Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning - FWX

Go down 
+6
corplhicks
Eyesore
thejokeriv
chewie
the sentinel
fingers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Fates Warning - FWX Empty
PostSubject: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 7:23 am

thoughts on the album? underrated album more of an aor album than a metal album. Great album to listen to when you're hungover. the vocals are annoying got that horrible alternative sampling thing going on
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:14 am

It's okay. It's the Fates Warning album I reach for the least. When it was new (04/05?) I played it a ton, but just haven't done so since then. I think the 2 albums that surround it are far superior and Darkness in a Different light got them back to being heavy again. I have been binging on FW lately: mostly the Ray Alder era as I tend to listen to the John Arch stuff more frequently.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:33 pm

I like this album as much as I do Disconnected(which is a lot). I haven't bought Darkness yet to even make a comparison.........

.......I never did buy any of these new anyway!

I actually prefer the later Ray Alder era from A Pleasant Shade of Gray to FWX.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Love it! Great album that has gotten lots of play from me
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:15 pm

This is my favorite Fates Warning album, actually. And "River Wide Ocean Deep" might be my favorite Fates Warning song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 pm

And seriously, AOR? Not even close.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:

surprised    I was puzzled by that as well.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 8:28 am

Eyesore wrote:

Alright progressive rock then
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Chewie got me hooked on this album. Most of you know I hate the old FW. This is more like it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39552

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 5:59 pm

I have a Fates comp (Chasing Time). That's all I need from this band.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:54 pm

I love it; but I'm a fanboy. It was definitely a logical progression of the sound they'd been crafting since A Pleasant Shade of Grey, and it's got strong songs. That's more than I could ask for. "Simple Human" and "Handful of Doubt" are some of my favorite FW songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:55 pm

I just looked up this album on Amazon and realized not only have I never heard it, but I didn't even know it existed.  I'll have to give it a listen on Apple Music.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 10:36 pm

[quote="S.D."]I just looked up this album on Amazon and realized not only have I never heard it, but I didn't even know it existed.  I'll have to give it a listen on Apple Music.  

[/quote

Check It out if you can, might be on spotify. You might like it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 3:09 am

S.D. wrote:
I just looked up this album on Amazon and realized not only have I never heard it, but I didn't even know it existed.  I'll have to give it a listen on Apple Music.

Given your tastes, I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 pm

007 wrote:
I have a Fates comp (Chasing Time). That's all I need from this band.

Me too. I've contemplated adding more to my collection for the longest time, but never seem to get around to doing it. Maybe someday.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 pm

After reading this thread I pulled out my copy and gave it a spin. And have kept spinning it. Great album!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning - FWX   Fates Warning - FWX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning - FWX
Page 1 of 1