Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning

Go down 
+14
Leatherface
sam
kethdredd
DeathCult
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:15 am

Looks like No Exit is due for a reissue this month. I'm not sure about the exact release date. It'll have three bonus tracks—one demo and two rehearsal takes—and a DVD containing two videos, a live performance, and behind the scenes stuff. Not really anything amazing for bonus stuff, but I only have like three of their albums on CD, the rest are all tapes, so this is good for me. Hopefully they'll reissue the rest of the early albums.

And for fun, a video evolution:

Anarchy Divine
Eye to Eye
Monument
Point of View
Silent Cries
Through Different Eyes
Simple Human

I still really dig this band, even though they've come a long way from their early stuff.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:46 am

They re-issued the first two albums around 2003 with bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:02 am

One of my favorite bands of all-time.

Can't wait to get the reissue of "No Exit" with the bonus DVD! I already have a pretty good audio bootleg from that era anyway though.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 am

I have some of their albums, i haven't listened to them in awhile... i might pull them out
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 am

No Exit is a great album, although I love the Arch stuff a bit more. "Spectre Within" has always been my favorite.

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 am

No Exit was the bands last great album. But nothing compares to the first 3. Awaken The Guardian and The Spectre Within are so good that I want to be buried with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:56 am

Yeah, I prefer the Arch stuff too but I think "Perfect Symmetry" is a masterpiece of progressive metal. Incredible well-written guitar and drum work on that album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:22 am

Great band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:50 am

I love them. The John Arch-era stuff is classic.

Unfortunately, they never seem to play anything off of the Arch-era albums live anymore. I know that Jim Matheos claims he dislikes the band's early works...maybe a Heaven & Hell style thing can be done someday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:57 pm

GrandNational wrote:
They re-issued the first two albums around 2003 with bonus tracks.
Oh? Good to know! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Unfortunately, they never seem to play anything off of the Arch-era albums live anymore. I know that Jim Matheos claims he dislikes the band's early works...maybe a Heaven & Hell style thing can be done someday?

Highly doubtful. Arch has recorded 2 songs in the last 20 years after being booted from FW. Would be great but it's pretty clear he isn't really into it much anymore, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Highly doubtful. Arch has recorded 2 songs in the last 20 years after being booted from FW. Would be great but it's pretty clear he isn't really into it much anymore, for whatever reason.
Well, those songs were long! Haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:49 pm

I'm a fan - I don't like inside out or a pleasent sade of grey as much a sthe other albums
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:35 am

One of my all time favorite bands. Awaken the Gaurdian is my favorite album of theirs, with Spectre a close, close second. I hope the quality of the bonus tracksa and demo tracks are much better than those on the reissue 2 cd and dvd set I bought of Awaken a few years ago. Those are so bad that the band actually issues a disclaimer and tells you this is why the dvd was free. Peace.
Back to top Go down

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 7:02 pm

For some reason, I never really got into this band. I always thought of them as a Queensryche 'rip-off' or something to that extent.

However, I think I'd really like them nowadays if I gave them a proper chance. I'm really 're-discovering' a lot of stuff that I love now that I'm older that I didn't really like in high school. I think I might pick up one of their albums soon.

Perhaps I'll pick up "Spectre Within" or "Awaken the Guardian" ... those seemed pretty hailed here.
Back to top Go down

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 7:14 pm

I never understood people claiming they were like Queensryche, and a lot of people did. The early stuff is great, but when Inside Out came out I pretty much gave up on them. However, in recent years I've picked up most of the albums that came after Inside Out and I really dig them, especially FWX, which I think is an awesome modern day prog-metal album. I still haven't found Inside Out again, but I'm assuming I'll like it this time around.

I'd say grab an early album and FWX. If you can dig both of them, everything else should please you.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:21 pm

I recently picked up their Live in Athens DVD and it was truly terriffic. It was from 2005 so the production value was great and the band was super tight. It's unfortunate that all of the live stuff I have of theirs from years ago is so poorly recorded it's not even worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:43 pm

I actually picked up No Exit last month. Good album, but I prefer the Arch-era by a landslide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 am

blackieboy wrote:
I always thought of them as a Queensryche 'rip-off' or something to that extent.

Blasphemer!angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:36 am

I was a latecomer to FW, never really checked them out till a couple of years ago. I love SPECTRE WITHIN and AWAKEN THE GUARDIAN. NO EXIT is damn good too, I may have to check out the reissue (as I only have a CD-R of that one)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Listening to Parallels now and just wanted to resurrect this thread...

BRILLIANT BAND!!!!

Hope the Matheos/Alder team puts out some new music...They've been confirmed as the Saturday headliner for the 10th Anniversary ProgPower in 2009...

http://www.fateswarning.com/
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm glad Frank Aresti is back with them, at least as far as live shows go. I will probably have to go see that. I hope they don't have that drummer from GENESIS/SPOCK's BEARD playing with them anymore.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Arch-era: Their pinnacle was Awaken The Guardian, with Spectre a close second. Brocken can be a bit rough to hear sometimes but it is their 1984 debut so it is what it is. I prefer Ray Alder over John Arch, and I'm glad they dumped the "dancing witches, dancing banshees" lyrics when Arch left. I was never a big fan of those lyrics at all.
Alder-era: No Exit rules. I just heard it yesterday and I wouldnt change a thing about it, although when it first came out I thought it was a disappointment. But not now. Symmetry is great as well, although you can sense they were drifting in a more mellow direction. Parallels is their best 90's album, where they found their niche and would attempt to duplicate for the rest of their career. I like every album they have but they havent been a phenominal band in at least a dozen and a half years. Still, Jim Matheos keeps the band churning along and hasnt ran out of ideas yet.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:10 pm

No Exit is my favorite album from them, good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:19 pm

This is one of those bands that I really need to acquire their whole discography. I have Perfect Symtry, Chasing Time, and Parallels.

The odd thing is that I really don't enjoy most metal thats labeled as "progressive".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fates Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: