Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning

Go down 
+33
Orion Crystal Ice
Eyesore
Wurthless
corplhicks
kmorg
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
7thSaviour
Thrasher73
ghost
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Required Fields
biddle
the sentinel
MetalFRO
Al.
DeathCult
bgast1
nevermore
thejokeriv
stepcousin
Leatherface
GrandNational
James B.
Svengo
Temple of Blood
fingers
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Fates Warning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

I like it, it's just not one of my all-time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:49 pm

I absolutely love John Arch era Fates Warning. I'm not as into the Ray Alder era of Fates Warning. I do like No Exit, however. The three best are the first three, with Awaken the Guardian being my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am

I hate everything post-No Exit. Spectre Within and Awaken The Guardian are two of my all time favorite albums and probably my favorite US power metal records. Those albums are just so perfect, everything is right about them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 am

For some reason, I never really got into these guys. The only Fates album I own is Chasing Time, which is a compilation. I give it a spin every now & then and I like the songs, but I just never bothered picking up anything else by them. Not really sure why.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 am

I have only Inside Out. I like this album, but never tried to get more of them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 am

ghost wrote:

Wrong album to start with!!!! The others are MUCH better!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Im the only one who likes Night On Brocken, eh?

I love it. It's my second favorite Fates Warning album, after Awaken the Guardian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ghost wrote:

Wrong album to start with!!!! The others are MUCH better!!!

Just like DT's Falling Into Infinity...I think Inside Out is a strong album and stands alone in the FW catalog (all of thier album's are singular entities, IMO). The music & melodic structure is fantastic and "Monument" has to be one of the best songs the band has ever done.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Absolutley Love the first three albums.Arch era would be my favorite.It would be a hard pick between The Spectre Within or Awaken the Guardian as a favorite.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:04 am

I'll be seeing FW again on 9/12! Fates Warning - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:49 pm

I'm having a Fates Warning night now. The first four, the soccer match on the TV (Holland - Scotland) and a lot of cold 'uns. Life's good.

That said, I still can't decide which one is better: Spectre or Awaken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Quote :
Spectre or Awaken...

Pshaw! That's easy! It's Guardian!

No wait, it's Spectre!!!

Umm......Guardian?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah, that's what I mean, haha! Both those albums are just so perfect. Since I'm listening to Guardian right now (the track Guardian to be precise...) I'd probably say Guardian. Then I'll put on Spectre again and I'll say that one is better.

Guardian and Spectre are just perfect albums. Eleven out of ten. John Arch is one of the best vocalists ever, and his lyrics plain out rule.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 am

The Arch era rules! 10/10
1."The Apparition"
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I like both eras! But I'd give the ever so slight edge to Alder.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
For some reason, I never really got into these guys. The only Fates album I own is Chasing Time, which is a compilation. I give it a spin every now & then and I like the songs, but I just never bothered picking up anything else by them. Not really sure why.

That's where I'm at with this band too. I like some bits and pieces of the John Arch stuff (NIGHT ON BROCKEN, AWAKEN THE GUARDIAN) and the NO EXIT album (is Arch on that one? I don't think so) but I've never heard anything from them that makes me wanna run naked through the streets covered in grape Jell-O, screaming their praises.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Quote :
but I've never heard anything from them that makes me wanna run naked through the streets covered in grape Jell-O, screaming their praises.

I think we're all grateful for that. Fates Warning - Page 2 92151

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
but I've never heard anything from them that makes me wanna run naked through the streets covered in grape Jell-O, screaming their praises.

I think we're all grateful for that. Fates Warning - Page 2 92151

As well you should be.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's where I'm at with this band too. I like some bits and pieces of the John Arch stuff (NIGHT ON BROCKEN, AWAKEN THE GUARDIAN) and the NO EXIT album (is Arch on that one? I don't think so) but I've never heard anything from them that makes me wanna run naked through the streets covered in grape Jell-O, screaming their praises.

Ray Alder is the vocalist on No Exit.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 am

They'll be in ATL tomorrow night! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:45 am

7thSaviour wrote:
The Arch era rules! 10/10
1."The Apparition"

The Apparition is one of the best metal songs ever. Period. I love listening to Spectre Within when I'm drunk, because of Arch's almost acrobatic vocals, haha. I put The Apparition on, and when the chorus came ("Take me away AAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA") I was like "WHOA! How did he do that?!?!?!". Fates Warning - Page 2 Lmao Fates Warning - Page 2 Lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 am

FATES WARNING to make new album:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/122500
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
FATES WARNING to make new album:

[url=http://www.bravewords.com/news/122500
http://www.bravewords.com/news/122500[/quote[/url]]

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:43 pm

That's great news!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Listening to FATES WARNING for the first time in a while...dialed up FWX on the iPod...really good album.

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning   Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next