Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??

Go down 
+39
Svengo
XYZ
Schbopo
SideShowDisaSter
manny
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
Leatherface
skullsmasher
Required Fields
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
rattpoison
Thrasher73
jstate
TheGooch
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
akeldama
MoonChild
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Shiney
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Troublezone
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Stender
DallasBlack
mc666
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
On a thread-related note, I would be willing to bet 100% of this board has seen the original animated Transformers movie...and enjoyed it. Twisted Evil

You'd lose that bet, my friend. Never saw it. But then again, I'm a cranky old man.

Yea, I don't think I ever saw it either... I was just entering my teens when "Transformers" hit so I wasn't interested.

Although now I have a soon-to-be-six-year-old son who thinks Transformers are the coolest thing since sliced bread, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up seeing that sooner or later, cuz I'll probably be buying that movie on DVD for him somewhere down the road.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
On a thread-related note, I would be willing to bet 100% of this board has seen the original animated Transformers movie...and enjoyed it. Twisted Evil

You'd lose that bet, my friend. Never saw it. But then again, I'm a cranky old man.

Yea, I don't think I ever saw it either... I was just entering my teens when "Transformers" hit so I wasn't interested.

Although now I have a soon-to-be-six-year-old son who thinks Transformers are the coolest thing since sliced bread, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up seeing that sooner or later, cuz I'll probably be buying that movie on DVD for him somewhere down the road.

You and I are close in age. I too missed the whole Transformers boat. I wasn't interested but my younger brother was a fan. I recently tried to watch the live action movie one Saturday and thought it was terrible. Did you know they are making a live-action G.I. Joe movie? I just heard about it over the weekend from a buddy of mine. I'm not real thrilled about that either, but the pics I saw of Snake Eyes were pretty bitchin'.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:02 am

It's just I don't remember ever meeting anybody even just slightly older than me who wasn't huge on the original Transformers.... Razz It's as if it somehow drew all nerds together in unity, from all backgrounds, races, and generations..for a few short years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:04 am

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Gijoe-snake-eyes-FL2

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Gijoe-snake-eyes-fl

The guy in the costume is Ray Park, who some of you will remember as Darth Maul in one of those horrible Star Wars prequels. I think he was in one of the X-Men movies as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:06 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's just I don't remember ever meeting anybody even just slightly older than me who wasn't huge on the original Transformers.... Razz It's as if it somehow drew all nerds together in unity, from all backgrounds, races, and generations..for a few short years.

"slightly older"? Dude, me and Freddy are just short of 40! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

DON'T REMIND ME!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

DON'T REMIND ME!!

I only point that out because you're gonna hit that wall a whole year before me!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 am

so brutal
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
so brutal

Meh, it's OK. I still act like a dumb ass 19 year old most of the time anyway Laughing

And now that I have kids I can watch all the cartoon shows with them and not feel weird about it!!
crazy happy

Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

Original Looney Tunes before the do-gooders took all the violence out! :swear:
Pink Panther
Tom & Jerry
Scooby Doo - PRE Scrappy. I'd have shot that pup in the head after about 10 seconds! What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 47715
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Did you know they are making a live-action G.I. Joe movie? I just heard about it over the weekend from a buddy of mine. I'm not real thrilled about that either, but the pics I saw of Snake Eyes were pretty bitchin'.

So glad they decided against making it G.I.J.O.E. to make it a less pro-America (if they even planned on doing that in the first place-it was just a rumor methinks). Looks good to me and since I am from the G.I. Joe generation I will most definatly see it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm

The Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Quote :

Surprisingly, I never saw it either....and I loved Transformers.

I have, however, seen the new live-action one about a million times!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 am

Jonny Quest and Under Dog were pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Surprisingly, I never saw it either....and I loved Transformers.

I have, however, seen the new live-action one about a million times!

I have seen the original, though not for quite a number of years. I did, however, recently pick up the soundtrack to that film. Some good 80's hard rock/metal songs on there. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 pm

Hulk and Swamp Thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Inspector Gadget
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 am

One of my favorite cartoons have a DVD collection, Tiny Toons headbanger . Unfortunatly it is almost $40 and I won't be able to get it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:38 am

DallasBlack wrote:
One of my favorite cartoons have a DVD collection, Tiny Toons headbanger . Unfortunatly it is almost $40 and I won't be able to get it any time soon.

Tiny Toon Adventures was hilarious!! They did a great job of capturing the feel of the early Looney Tunes (even tho the animation wasn't quite as good). Having the "original" Looney Tunes cast appear occasionally as the faculty of Acme Looniversity was a nice touch.

My fave episode was the flash back of Baby Plucky Duck learning how to use the potty. "Water go down de hole. Water go down de hoooooooole!"

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 am

I buy the 4 disc Looney Tunes set that Warner Bros releases every fall. It's great to see the original, unedited versions of these cartoons remastered and cleaned up. Until I saw the restored version of the one where Bugs plays a one man baseball game against the Gashouse Gorillas, I always thought that was a black and white cartoon because the color was always so washed out. ("One, two three strikes; yer out!!)

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:54 am

Was & always will be Looney Tunes. I wont let my girls watch 90% of the crap cartoons put out today, so they are big Looney fans also. I also have the original Transformers on VHS, the tape is almost worn out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:59 am

"W-i-i-i-l-e-y C-y-o-o-o-t-e-e-e. S-o-o-o-o-per G-e-e-e-nius!!!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

My fave episode was the flash back of Baby Plucky Duck learning how to use the potty. "Water go down de hole. Water go down de hoooooooole!"

Good ole YouTube... here's the toon I was speaking of!! 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3HR3_Phic

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Good ole YouTube... here's the toon I was speaking of!! 🤘

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3HR3_Phic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3HR3_Phic[/quote[/url]]

My favorite part was "kittie go down de hole!!!". Poor Furrball. I also like the elevator one, "I push de button, not you push the button, I push de button."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 am

DallasBlack wrote:

My favorite part was "kittie go down de hole!!!". Poor Furrball. I also like the elevator one, "I push de button, not you push the button, I push de button."

"My ella-lator, not YOUR ella-lator! Ella-lator go up. Ella-lator go doooowwwwn." Laughing very hard

I use a picture of Plucky Duck as my avatar on another forum.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next