Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??

Go down 
+39
Svengo
XYZ
Schbopo
SideShowDisaSter
manny
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
Leatherface
skullsmasher
Required Fields
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
rattpoison
Thrasher73
jstate
TheGooch
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
akeldama
MoonChild
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Shiney
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Troublezone
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Stender
DallasBlack
mc666
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Empty
PostSubject: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:41 pm

mine was Beavis And Butt-Head... 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Masters Of The Universe & G.I. Joe

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Up until 13:

He-Man
Transformers
G.I. Joe
The Real Ghostbusters
Mario Brothers Super Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Duck Tales
Tale Spin
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Beetlejuice
some Nintendo cartoon featuring Belmont (Castlevania), Mega Man, etc. (can't remembe the name)

If I can remember any more fro that time I will come back.

And of course the classics:

Scooby Doo (yes even the ones with Scrappy-I love that little guy)
Looney Tunes
The Pink Panther
Dick Tracy
Hanna Barbarra
Woody Woodpecker
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Johny Quest
Gargoyles
Teenage Mutant ninja turtles
Speed Racer
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Ducktales & Darkwing Duck secure the top.

Others of my favourites included:

The Simpsons (still watch it)
Hey Arnold
Aaaah Real Monsters
Doug
X-Men
Sonic The Hedgehog
Original TMNT
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:47 pm

G.I. Joe

Transformers

Smurfs

Spiderman
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
some Nintendo cartoon featuring Belmont (Castlevania), Mega Man, etc. (can't remembe the name)

Captain N: The Game Master
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 pm

Does anyone remember the cartoon Pro Stars? It had Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan fighting crime. Good stuff.

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Prostars

Bo knows Saturday morning cartoons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:48 pm

I guess it depends on what stage of when I was a kid, but the main ones are:

Herculoids
Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

then later on basically anything that was on MTV's Liquid Television and Oddities...the Maxx adaptation..Aeon Flux..The Head....all that stuff....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I guess it depends on what stage of when I was a kid, but the main ones are:

Herculoids
Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

then later on basically anything that was on MTV's Liquid Television and Oddities...the Maxx adaptation..Aeon Flux..The Head....all that stuff....

Herculoids? You had to be watching that on a syndicated cable channel. I'm more than twice your age and that was one of my favorite cartoons on one of the networks when I was a kid.

Other than that I loved all the Looney Tunes characters; Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Wile E Coyote (Soooooper Geeeeenius), Pepe LePew, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, etc, etc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Yep. Cartoon Network ftw. I had wondered if it was gonna cause confusion. The best cartoon HB had to offer IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Zok rules!!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:05 pm

The Jetsons
GI Joe
Transformers
The Littles
The Smurfs
He Man
Super Friends
The Chipmunks
Groovie Ghoulies

Last edited by troublezone on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 pm

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Gloopandgleep

Does teh Toho watch or know of the Venture Bros.? If not, it is required viewing. Utterly countless references to classic media of all forms packed into a gigantic brilliant satire...

Quote :
The Herculoids is mentioned in an episode of The Venture Bros., where an old "fan letter" of Dr. Venture to the show is discovered. Upon reading, the letter is revealed to be more akin to hate mail; young Rusty Venture called the Herculoids hippies for not fighting in Vietnam.

Checking out the Herculoids WiKi included this and made me remember that episode. It's great but that's not even the funniest one. One of those would be the yard sale all the super heroes and super villians are invited to, which of course results in eventual mayhem..

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Masters Of The Universe
G.I. Joe
The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers

And of course the classic stuff

But Beavis And Butt-Head will forever be my favorite cartoon of all time
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Gloopandgleep

Does teh Toho watch or know of the Venture Bros.? If not, it is required viewing. Utterly countless references to classic media of all forms packed into a gigantic brilliant satire...

Quote :
The Herculoids is mentioned in an episode of The Venture Bros., where an old "fan letter" of Dr. Venture to the show is discovered. Upon reading, the letter is revealed to be more akin to hate mail; young Rusty Venture called the Herculoids hippies for not fighting in Vietnam.

Checking out the Herculoids WiKi included this and made me remember that episode. It's great but that's not even the funniest one. One of those would be the yard sale all the super heroes and super villians are invited to, which of course results in eventual mayhem..

I gave up all cartoons long ago except for Looney Tunes. I still get the annual 4 disc set of remastered cartoons Warner Brothers releases.

BTW, those two were named something like Gleep and Glorp, right?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:21 pm

I rememered some more:

Garfield & Friends
Thundercats
Voltron
She-Ra (did I just admit that? Shocked )
Centurions
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Well, it's more like just a normal comedy/satire, with nerdy highbrow humour, that happens to be a cartoon because you can't pull off the funds to do everything in live action. Razz If you ever come across it you do have a good chance of being impressed. I don't think most of the fanbase has a clue how funny half of it is.

Gloop and Gleep! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:

But Beavis And Butt-Head will forever be my favorite cartoon of all time

Hahah! Same for me!! 🤘 headbanger
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

On a thread-related note, I would be willing to bet 100% of this board has seen the original animated Transformers movie...and enjoyed it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Well, it's more like just a normal comedy/satire, with nerdy highbrow humour, that happens to be a cartoon because you can't pull off the funds to do everything in live action. Razz If you ever come across it you do have a good chance of being impressed. I don't think most of the fanbase has a clue how funny half of it is.

Gloop and Gleep! headbanger

Hey, I got pretty close with those names for something I haven't seen in probably close to 40 years!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Favorite?
G.I. Joe.

Favorites?
G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Popeye, Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies, Transformers, TMNT, Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Alvin & the Chipmunks, X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, Thundercats, Real Ghostbusters, Mr. T, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, Super Mario Bros. (Super Show/SMB3, etc...), Captain N, Superman (late 80s version), Super Powers, Scooby-Doo
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:56 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Favorite?
G.I. Joe.

Favorites?
G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Popeye, Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies, Transformers, TMNT, Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Alvin & the Chipmunks, X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, Thundercats, Real Ghostbusters, Mr. T, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, Super Mario Bros. (Super Show/SMB3, etc...), Captain N, Superman (late 80s version), Super Powers, Scooby-Doo

Muppet Babbies-I forgot all about that one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Secret Squirrel
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 pm

JONNY QUEST
SCOOBY DOO
CLUE CLUB
JUSTICE LEAGUE
SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK
BLUE FALCON & DYNOMUTT
HONG KONG PHOOEY

and anything from SID & MARTY KROFFT

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next