Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??

Go down 
+39
Svengo
XYZ
Schbopo
SideShowDisaSter
manny
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
Leatherface
skullsmasher
Required Fields
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
rattpoison
Thrasher73
jstate
TheGooch
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
akeldama
MoonChild
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Shiney
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Troublezone
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Stender
DallasBlack
mc666
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Forgot Simpsons, I was 9 when in first came on in 1989.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Bugs Bunny
Scooby Doo
Transformers
Woody Woodpecker
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 pm

All fine cartoons listed...but no one's mentioned Captain Planet!

The theme is bouncing around my head as i type.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:18 am

rattpoison wrote:

I HATE Captain Planet with a major passion, just plain stupid IMO.

[quote"Dallas Black"]Forgot Simpsons, I was 9 when in first came on in 1989.
[/quote]

Forgot that my math is crap, I was 10 not 9.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 am

Here is a nice girly one that I enjoyed a lot "Shirt Tails"!

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Shirttales
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:38 pm

I've seen that one...that was............... strange..
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:27 pm

GI Joe
Transformers
The Real Ghostbusters
Mask
Scooby Doo
Smurfs
Godzilla
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:29 pm

I forgot to mention the rerun stuff rom the 50's like Bugs Bunny and Looney Toons or Woody Woodpecker and Mighty Mouse.

Years later, I enjoyed the Batman Adventures and Animaniacs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Old school Looney Tunes were, and still are, my fave. Nobody did it better, before or since, than the gang from Termite Terrace.

When I was a kid in the late 70s/early 80s I watched just about every Saturday morning 'toon... I remember really liking the weird stuff like "Hair Bear Bunch," "Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch," "The Great Gazoo" and other oddball Hanna-Barbera toons... there used to be a Godzilla cartoon on Saturday AM's that I LOVED, never missed an episode... and does anyone remember the late 70s Fantastic Four cartoon where the Human Torch was replaced by a robot named "H.E.R.B.I.E." in the team, presumably because they were afraid that the Torch would inspire kids to light stuff on fire??

More recently, the various Batman animated shows have been quite good... as was the Superman animated series from about ten years ago... my son and I watch them on Toon Disney occasionally...speaking of Superman, the old World War II era Superman toons from Max Fleischer studios have held up remarkably well, and can usually be found on the cheap!

in fact I was just showing my five year old some clips from the old "Pac-Man" cartoon on YouTube a few weeks back...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I was in college when the Simpsons first hit the air. In fact, I remember when they started off as short bits before the commercial breaks on the "Tracey Ullman Show."

Thanks for making me feel old!! Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Hulk
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I was in college when the Simpsons first hit the air. In fact, I remember when they started off as short bits before the commercial breaks on the "Tracey Ullman Show."

I remember those shorts too - we're only as old as we feel! I remember when the simpsons aired opposite the cosby show!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I remember those shorts too - we're only as old as we feel! I remember when the simpsons aired opposite the cosby show!

And speaking of Cosby - how about Fat Albert?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Was it it's overt left wing enviromentalist propaganda that made you dislike it.....or the main protaganist being a blue man with a green mullet!
lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:21 am

rattpoison wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Was it it's overt left wing enviromentalist propaganda that made you dislike it.....or the main protaganist being a blue man with a green mullet!
lol!

Partly propaganda, partly because I just thought it was plain stupid. The only time I ever saw any of it was because it was immediatly followed by WCW.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:29 am

In regards to my post above, even though I am a conservative, I have no problem watching shows that don't necessarily agree with my political views (Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, etc.). My main reason for rejecting Captain Planet is my impression of what I saw-I was the same way with Power Rangers which I hate even more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 am

My main reason for not watching Captain Planet (aside from the fact that the pro-environmental messages were about as subtle as a ball peen hammer to the side of the head) was because the animation sucked. Laughing

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:56 am

DRAGONZORD
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Thunder Thunder Thunder Thunder Cats.....HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transformers
Scooby Doo
Batman The original not that stupid remake one that looked all futuristic.
Garfield and Friends
GI Joe
Life With Louie
That Howie Mandell cartoon I forget the name
TMNT
Ghostbusters
The WWF cartoon I forget the name of that one too
He-Man
Oh and Ultimate Muscle it was recently on tv on saturday mornings but now I cant find it anymore =o(

If you're talking about the Batman without that annoying waste of space Robin, then I'm with you-great cartoon.

The Howie Mandell cartoon was Bobby.

Fogot Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, Count Duckula, and there are others that still allude me. Thanks Jerry Only for letting me re-visti my childhood (so far the happiest time of my life-when my niece complains that she can't wait to get older I alway tell her to enjoy it while it lasts, don't be in a hurry).

lol! I was actually talking about the one with robin

and yes Bobbys world was the howie mandell show. That was great.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:17 am

DeathCult wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The WWF cartoon I forget the name of that one too
=o(

Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling

Yea that was it. cool show too even though it wasnt on for too long.

Also forgot the Simpsons. I still watch it today so sometimes I forget how long thats been on.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 am

Bobby's World was epic!!!!!!

Are there really no other Ren & Stimpy fans? Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Are there really no other Ren & Stimpy fans? Shocked Sad

Ren & Stimpy is one of my faves, but since the title of the thread is "favorite cartoon when you were a kid," I didn't mention it since I wasn't a "kid" when it first appeared... I was already in my early 20s... Laughing

R&S used to be on Nickelodeon on Sunday mornings back then so after a bout of Saturday night drinking, Ren & Stimpy were my fave way to while away my hangover.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 am

Good enough is good enough! Razz

I would just advise to, um, never bother with any of the 'new' episodes. Apparently John K. thinks putting 'shocking' uncensored cartoon boobs and more explicit innuendo all over the place can somehow match the perfectly balanced brilliance that was the original Spümcø series.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:40 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Good enough is good enough! Razz

I would just advise to, um, never bother with any of the 'new' episodes. Apparently John K. thinks putting 'shocking' uncensored cartoon boobs and more explicit innuendo all over the place can somehow match the perfectly balanced brilliance that was the original Spümcø series.

Yea, the shortlived Ren & Stimpy revival on Spike TV was pretty terrible, what little I saw of it anyway. It faded away pretty fast.

I have a buddy who owns an original animation cel from the classic Ren & Stimpy "Happy Helmet" episode, by the way. One of these days I'm gonna break into his house and steal it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
On a thread-related note, I would be willing to bet 100% of this board has seen the original animated Transformers movie...and enjoyed it. Twisted Evil

You'd lose that bet, my friend. Never saw it. But then again, I'm a cranky old man.

Anyway, my favorites as a kid (and pretty much as an adult as well) would be Looney Tunes and the Flintstones. As I got older, I liked The Simpsons, The Animanicas, Pinky & The Brain. etc. Ren & Stimpy was great for the first 2 or 3 seasons, but after Nickelodeon pushed out John K., it went downhill real fast. I catch Spongbob every now & then and I like that pretty well. It's easy to see the influence Ren & Stimpy had on that show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next