Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??

Go down 
+39
Svengo
XYZ
Schbopo
SideShowDisaSter
manny
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
Leatherface
skullsmasher
Required Fields
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
rattpoison
Thrasher73
jstate
TheGooch
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
akeldama
MoonChild
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Shiney
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Troublezone
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Stender
DallasBlack
mc666
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:18 am

I just discovered that Looney Tunes and The Flintstones (among other "classics") are available through my cable company's On Demand feature for free. I watched quite a few episodes over the holiday weekend, trying to get my kids interested. No such luck with them (still too young), but I sure as heck enjoyed watching 'em.

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:29 am

Coincidence?

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Quest31

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 D196753ki5k
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:33 am

detuned wrote:
Coincidence?

Probably note, it is a know fact that Scott Ian is a major comic book and cartoon fanboy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:34 am

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
Coincidence?

Probably not, it is a know fact that Scott Ian is a major comic book and cartoon fanboy.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:12 pm

You could've just edited your post.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:26 pm

I was watching some of my Looney Tune Spotlight DVDs and would love to have every cartoon in my collection. Particularly the Daffy Duck ones where he's not a greedy coward who always gets his comeupence but a waky certifiable loon who gets away with it (not enough of those on the DVDs). I'm currently watching my Animaniacs DVDs.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I was watching some of my Looney Tune Spotlight DVDs and would love to have every cartoon in my collection. Particularly the Daffy Duck ones where he's not a greedy coward who always gets his comeupence but a waky certifiable loon who gets away with it (not enough of those on the DVDs). I'm currently watching my Animaniacs DVDs.
The Looney Tunes golden collections are where its at. I own a couple of them and hope to get all of the rest.
I think I've watched those dvds more than any other I've owned. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Svengo wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
The Looney Tunes golden collections are where its at. I own a couple of them and hope to get all of the rest.

Yep!

I have all of 'em!!!

Warner Bros. does a great job with the extras. Like including episodes of the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour from Saturday morning cartoon fame.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Svengo wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Yep!

I have all of 'em!!!

Warner Bros. does a great job with the extras. Like including episodes of the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour from Saturday morning cartoon fame.
I also find it funny that on one of the sets I have that they felt the need to have Whoopi Goldberg doing a short segment basically apologizing for some of the politically incorrect content of some of the cartoons.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:06 am

They run some sort of disclaimer on all their sets but that Whoopi Goldberg disclaimer on every freakin' disc is uber annoying. The latest one just shows a panel of text right after the FBI warning. Much less obtrusive.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:38 am

Imagine the disclaimers for the old Dick Tracy cartoon where that Japanese guy has those huge teeth (among other things). Further proof that the good cartoons would never make it these days. But at least they leave those parts in. I was watching a caroon show several years ago when Bugs is being chased by that big hairy orange monster. When he shrinks and hold the sign that say he quits and the mouse says I quit too and throws out that bottle of liquor. Instead they just had him say I quit too and cut to the next scene. I remember that annoying the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:01 am

Editing classic cartoons MAKES ME INSANE!!!!

The original Looney Tunes cartoons were originally made for adults, they debuted and played before Warner Bros. films. So if you went to the theater to see Casablanca, there would probably be a Loony Tunes before the main show. The target audience wasn't kids (hence all the grown up humor that they are no editing out).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:10 am

Looney Tunes are classic, and I hate the editing of the cartoons, we may live in a politically correct world now, but I think people understand that the times were different and those cartoons were made during World War II where anti Japanese feelings were at their height.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Animaniacs, Dragonball Z, Transformers, Tom & Jerry, that kinda stuff. Good times....
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:55 pm

manny wrote:
Looney Tunes are classic, and I hate the editing of the cartoons, we may live in a politically correct world now, but I think people understand that the times were different and those cartoons were made during World War II where anti Japanese feelings were at their height.

My favorite is when Cartoon Network banned Speedy Gonzalez cartoons on grounds that they offended latinos. The problem was no one ever bothered to ask what latinos actually thought of Speedy. It turned out they love the guy - he's fast, witty, smooth with the lady mice, and always beats Sylvester, so what's so offensive about him? I think when that came out the network finally relented and started playing the cartoons Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:03 pm

sheets wrote:
manny wrote:

My favorite is when Cartoon Network banned Speedy Gonzalez cartoons on grounds that they offended latinos. The problem was no one ever bothered to ask what latinos actually thought of Speedy. It turned out they love the guy - he's fast, witty, smooth with the lady mice, and always beats Sylvester, so what's so offensive about him? I think when that came out the network finally relented and started playing the cartoons Smile

I am latino and I love Speedy Gonzalez, for crying out people need to get a grip!!!! It was suppose to be funny, it was not a social commentary on Hispanic culture. We not only got the joke but Cartoon Network forget this Looney Cartoons were shown on Univision and other Spanish networks with Spanish overdubs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Talkin' about racially insensitive cartoons, how many of you have seen this one? "All This and Rabbit Stew," from 1941. It should become obvious rather quickly why this one doesn't get much play nowadays.

This one was included on a cheap compilation DVD of old public-domain cartoons that I picked up a while ago at the dollar store. When this one came on I was like "Holy cow!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah, I don't see WB really pushing this one anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:15 am

I had always heard about the racist Loony Tunes cartoons, but I've not seen one till now.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:48 am

Did I mention Bullwinkle and Rocky?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:13 am

SAHB Healer wrote:

humble

Great cartoon...and actually kinda psychedelic.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:20 am

detuned wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

humble

Kinda? The people who wrote that cartoon had to be doing some serious drugs.

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:21 am

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

humble

Why do you think I like is so much? The dudes behind Fantasia were wasted as well....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:30 am

My earliest memories were Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, The Jetsons and The Flintstones. My favorites were GI Joe and The Transformers. I pretty much liked most of the old saturday morning cartoons from the 80's.

The Smurfs
Muppet Babies
etc...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

humble

I've got the first two seasons on DVD-It is pretty trippy at times. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next