Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??

Go down 
+39
Svengo
XYZ
Schbopo
SideShowDisaSter
manny
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
Leatherface
skullsmasher
Required Fields
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
rattpoison
Thrasher73
jstate
TheGooch
ThrashedOutCobra33
James B.
akeldama
MoonChild
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Shiney
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Troublezone
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Stender
DallasBlack
mc666
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Johnny Quest was the only cartoon that showed people die. Laughing
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:49 pm

I use to watch the reruns of the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Johnny Quest was the only cartoon that showed people die. Laughing
I used to live in the same neighborhood as a guy whose uncle lived in Japan for most of the '80s and '90s and would mail him betamax, (shows you how long ago it was), and later on VHS tapes of tons of Japanese cartoons that no one I knew had seen before. There were people dying right and left in these cartoons which kinda shocked me at the time because I hadn't seen many toons that like that before.
Some of the cartoons were subtitled but most were just in Japanese and although I couldn't understand any of the dialogue, all that hyper-action on the screen more than made up for it. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 am

On Animaniacs they had the episode where they want to buy the garage at the garage sale. After they turn out the guy's pockets and the angry mob attacks him I noticed some movement. Slowing it down I found it was Buster, Babs, and Dizzy Devil running over them. I also saw Batman was part of the mob.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:19 am

Svengo wrote:
I used to live in the same neighborhood as a guy whose uncle lived in Japan for most of the '80s and '90s and would mail him betamax, (shows you how long ago it was), and later on VHS tapes of tons of Japanese cartoons that no one I knew had seen before. There were people dying right and left in these cartoons which kinda shocked me at the time because I hadn't seen many toons that like that before.

I bought the first Gatchman box set awhile back (that's Battle of the Planets in case you saw the censored, Americanized version) and it's hilarious with all the henchman murder. These kids are garroting these poor goons with yo-yos. And then the scene in which the leader interrogates another goon by repeating smashing his head against a steel wall, like something Jack Bauer would do: "Tell me what you know!" *BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM* "TELL ME!!!" *BAM*BAM*BAM* Smile
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:05 pm

sheets wrote:
Svengo wrote:

I bought the first Gatchman box set awhile back (that's Battle of the Planets in case you saw the censored, Americanized version) and it's hilarious with all the henchman murder. These kids are garroting these poor goons with yo-yos. And then the scene in which the leader interrogates another goon by repeating smashing his head against a steel wall, like something Jack Bauer would do: "Tell me what you know!" *BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM* "TELL ME!!!" *BAM*BAM*BAM* Smile
Oh yeah I remember some Gatchaman on some of those tapes. That was a pretty wacky show. I remember it seemed to focus on environmental issues and using science responsibly quite a bit.
Years later I caught the Americanized version and it was just so watered down in comparison.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

TALE SPIN THIS ONE WAS MY FAVORITE CARTOON OF ALL
thunder! Thunder! Thundercats! HOOOOOOO! lol!
The Gatchaman
Dinosaurs
Muppets Baby
Duc Tales
Halcones Galacticos(galactic cowboys?)
Animaniacs
The Super MARIO BROSS
Chip N dale
Inspector Gadget
ALF
VOLTRON DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE Another Classic
He-Man
G.I. JOE
Sammurai Pizza Cats
Denver The last Dinosaur another favorite
BABAR

There are a few other cartoons I want to know their names but I can't remember
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:21 am

Yeeaaah, those shows were great. Still remember Samurai Pizza Cats and that wonderfully retarded Super Mario Brothers show, hahaha. Laughing
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 pm

There ia a cartoon that I have trying to remember for years, I think it was about a friendly alien, I think he was blue and had a friend that I think had only his upper part and used to fly all the time, his friend was pink I think and had a big brain.

Can anyone help? This is all I remember, and I think it had a game for supernintendo
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Ren and stimpy

/thread
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 pm

I recently got the first two DVDs from Season 1/Vol. 1 of the Tiny Toons series and will be watching is soon. If I had the money I would go ahead and buy both sets (Vol. 2 just came out recently) but because of money being tight Netflix will have to do. I also need to see the Pinky & The Brain sets. My favorite line from that was when The Brain posed as Nepolian:

Pinky: If they could see me now they'd have a fit!
Brain: If who could see you Pinky?
Pinky: I don't know, somebody who has fits. (gets hit on the head by Brain)

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??   What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid??
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7