Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 5:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well it's 5-2 Cards in the top of the 4th right now.  Brandon Moss seems to finally be heating up.  He's hit two homers in the last 5 games and he's also had a triple and a double.

See? I didn't even check any score before I posted. That's the way it goes, gain a game, 2 days later give it back. And it seems that any time we lose a game in the standings either Morton or Locke was pitching. Ridiculous
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Well, it was 6-2 but the Giants are starting to whack Garcia around.  It's now 6-4 in the bottom of the 6th.

EDIT:  Oh no!  Randy Choke, er, I mean Choate is warming up in the bullpen.  Geez he sucks!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Well, Matheny's giving Siegrist a second chance to close a game in Rosenthal's absence.  Going to the bottom of the 9th it's 7-5.

Siegrist came through this time.  Two strikeouts and a groundout in the bottom of the 9th.  Final score was 7-5. 

STL ended up going 7-3 on this dreaded West Coast swing after starting 0-2 in San Diego.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Naturally....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm sorry to say it but this was where I thought the Pirates might catch St. Louis.  A) We usually suck on West Coast swings and B) This one was late in the season and the Pirates are hot. 

It's still a long way from over but at least it's now down to a 2 team race for the NL Central because the Shlubs have sucked.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Yeah it will come down to head to head I believe. There's 6 games remaining between the teams (and I should have tickets to one of the games in late September) so it should be some great baseball this last month.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 am

Watched the Dodgers get no-hit again last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:51 pm

nevermore wrote:

Yeah, I gave my dad crap about that (The Dodgers are his favorite team).  The Dodgers have been no-hit twice in 9 days?  I wish the Cards had more games left with them; Wacha could use a no-hitter to polish up his resume.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Seriously, it IS unbelievable how a team that loaded with offensive potential could be no-hit twice in less than 2 weeks.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Currently watching Nats vs. Cards.

Kolten Wong with another stupid error; not even an excusable one, he just couldn't pick up the damn ball.  One two-out double later and it's 1-0 Nats. 

And so far the Cards have made Gio Gonzales look like Nolan Ryan.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 pm

Cards polished off the Nats 8-5.  Siegrist tried to cough up a 3-2 victory in the 7th but STL rallied against the Nats' pen.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:54 am

Watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Yeah, I gave my dad crap about that (The Dodgers are his favorite team).  The Dodgers have been no-hit twice in 9 days?  I wish the Cards had more games left with them; Wacha could use a no-hitter to polish up his resume.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Seriously, it IS unbelievable how a team that loaded with offensive potential could be no-hit twice in less than 2 weeks.

It is terrible! But watching the game there was a ball hit to Castro of the Cubs that most scorekeepers would have said was a hit. Even the Cubs pitcher said he thought it was a hit. But E2 was how it was scored.

Anyway the Dodgers rely too much on the long ball to win. Last night's win over the Giants was decided by a walk off from Adrian Gonzalez. It doesn't help if LA is hitting that their bullpen (one of the worst in baseball with an ERA around 6.00) doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Watching the Cardinal pregame show.  They just summarized the records of the division contenders for the month of August.  How's this for parity:

Pittsburgh - 19-8
St. Louis - 19-9
Chicago - 19-9

Of course, that doesn't take into account which teams they lost to or beat which dramatically affects the overall standings but I still think it's interesting that all 3 teams had essentially the same record for the month.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching the Cardinal pregame show.  They just summarized the records of the division contenders for the month of August.  How's this for parity:

Pittsburgh - 19-8
St. Louis - 19-9
Chicago - 19-9

Of course, that doesn't take into account which teams they lost to or beat which dramatically affects the overall standings but I still think it's interesting that all 3 teams had essentially the same record for the month.

That is an incredible stat. It's a shame that all 3 teams are in the same division. The two teams that don't win the division will more than likely have better records than the other 2 division winners from the East and West.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Right now, the third place Cubs have a better record than every other division leader in MLB except Kansas City.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 pm

And not to rub salt in the wounds but I just looked it up again; the Pirates would be leading every other division in baseball by a pretty good margin except the AL Central where they'd be 1/2 game out.

But instead KC is waltzing into post-season completely unchallenged.  The Twins are in second place 13 games out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:35 pm

I don't know what it is with the Brewers ,but the Pirates just can't play there. Even with Cole pitching, they're already losing 3-0 in the bottom of the first. 4 straight hits before the first out is recorded. They better wake up. This is an important week for them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Well, the Nats just scored 3 runs off Marco Gonzales who is starting tonight in place of Carlos Martinez. 

3-0 Nats in the top of the third.

EDIT:  Correction:  4-0.  Zimmerman just homered.

EDIT2:  Well now it's 4-3 because the Nats starter couldn't enjoy his good fortune.  In 2 2/3 innings, he walked 6 (including walking in a run) and the bullpen promptly hit Mark Reynolds with the bases loaded to score another run.  The Cards scored 3 runs in the bottom of the third on 1 hit.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Wow. 

Tied 5-5 in the bottom of the 9th, newly-called up backup catcher Cody Stanley hooked a double with two outs.  Then Tommy Pham who's only playing because of all the injuries to the outfield drew a walk on a 3-2 pitch.  Brandon Moss then blasted the first pitch he saw into the centerfield bleachers for an 8-5 Cardinals win. 

Stanley, Pham, Moss...for the win?  Who? 

Cards are now 40 games over .500.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 am

Damn and the Pirates are now 6 back. I don't think they'll catch the Cards.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Well since the Cardinals won the first two games against Washington, the Cards have pulled Wacha from tonight's start and are going with Tyler Lyons.  Just like they pulled Martinez last night; the Cards are looking for opportunities to give the young starters who have thrown way more innings than they ever have before an extra day or so of rest. 

They've also announced their starters for the Pirates series.  We're going with Martinez, Garcia and Lackey; skipping Lynn who rolled his ankle last start.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 pm

The Pirates are playing against a kid making his first major league start. The Pirates are countering with Jeff Locke (wince). Naturally, they're down 2-0 in the top of the third (and being no hit !).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Brandon Moss is heating up.

He just blasted a 454 ft homer to give St. Louis a 1-0 lead.  It's the longest homerun hit by a lefthander in the 10 year history of this version of Busch Stadium.  His 4th homer in the last 7 games.

Oh, and I hate facing a kid making his first major league start, especially if he's a southpaw.  The Cardinals have a tradition of making first start guys look like the next Nolan Ryan.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Werth just tied it up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Well the no hitter has gone away. Marte doubles, McCuthen walks and Ramirez hits a 3 run shot, tying the score at 3.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Even when he's not playing against us Ramirez is still a "Cardinal Killer".   I cringed when I heard the Pirates picked him up.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next