Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Watched the Brewers and Braves last night.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39594

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Watched the Pirates come from behind victory over the Padres 5-2. Now for the big series before the All Star break against the Cardinals. Prediction : the Pirates will fall flat.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

I don't think so.  The Cardinal offense has largely been AWOL for about a week.  That lineup they had out there last night against the Cubs looked like a AAA lineup

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Here we go.  Game on!

EDIT:  Wow, 5-4-2 DP with runners on 1st and 3rd.  That's the kind of crap we do.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Damn. Another rain delay. We've had entirely too much of that junk this summer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Yep.  I agree.

And Wacha isn't even pitching.  That poor guy has to hold the MLB record for pitching in games with rain delays.

If it makes you feel any better the same thing would probably be happening if the game was in STL.  We're having showers too.

EDIT:  Over to Smackdown I go.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:25 pm

I flipped back over to the STL/PITT game just in time to see the Cards score 4 runs.

But I have to admit, I hate these rain delay games.  No matter the outcome (and we've lost as many of this suckers as we've won this year), I always wonder how the game would have played out without the delay(s).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 7:12 am

Well that game went about as I expected. The Cards had the definite pitching advantage in the game, although Locke pitched rather well up until the rain delay. The Pirates have the pitching advantage the next three games I believe so I hope the outcomes will favor them. Unfortunately, I'll miss tonight's game (stupid family commitments!)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Watched the Marlins beat the Reds last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Tonight's game went about like I expected.

Lance Lynn just didn't have his control and I knew he'd need that to be able to compete with Cole.  He didn't and only lasted 4 innings.  The Cards had their shots at Cole but just couldn't bunch the hits.  Final score was Pitt-5, Cards-2.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm

The Cards' need this game tonight because tomorrow we're starting a guy who by all rights should be in AAA ball.  It's a shame Jaime "The Porcelain Doll" Garcia keeps getting hurt because when that guy is on the field he's one of the best pitchers around.  I would have loved to see him match up with some of these arms the Pirates are throwing at us.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Wow!  I have to admit we really caught a break on that one.  Reynolds obviously whiffed but the umps missed it.  Then he homers.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Yep. A b.s. call but you gotta shake it off. And you don't dare mouth off to a high and mighty ump.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 pm

These umps are getting out of control.  They act like they think fans pay to see them.  I already hate Joe West, Angel Hernandez and I forget the name of the A-hole who blew the fair/foul call against the Cardinals in Chicago then threw out Molina and Metheny in the next game.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Holy crap!  I guess Burnett figures he has to do it all himself!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Holy crap!  I guess Burnett figures he has to do it all himself!

First homer in a decade. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 am

Ouch!  That loss really hurts.  These are the kinds of games teams circle on their calendars as "turning point" games.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 pm

That would have been a great game to see in person. But form the Cards point it sucks when your starting pitcher gives you a great game and a good chance for the win then your bullpen falters and blows the game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Well, this game is going exactly like I expected it to.  AAA guy vs Liriano.  Duh?  Who should win? 

Hopefully we get Holliday and Garcia back after the All Star break and we can right the ship.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Still early. Game's tied 2-2 now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm just pissed off at the pitching matchups.  This series could have been grand if the Cardinals had Wainwright and Garcia in the rotation.  Lynn's sucking the other night wouldn't have sounded the death knell it did for this series with this rotation.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 am

Wow! Another amazing win for the Bucs. I thought for sure this one was a loss after Caminero gave them 2 runs in the top of the 10th. How they were able to get Rosenthal I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:22 am

Ouch, back to back soul-crushing losses.  Two nights in a row the Cards took a lead in extra innings and two night in a row the pen coughed it up. 

But talk about evenly matched.  These teams are now 5-5 against each other this year and 5 of those games went to extra innings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 pm

The Cards and Bucs series have turned into some great games!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Yeah they should show their series in primetime more often instead of constantly shoving the Yankees-Red Sox down our throats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next