Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Empty
PostSubject: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 10:48 am

Sports fans, tell us what you watched today.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Various bowl games. Watching the Rose Bowl right now and hoping Alabama clobbers Notre Dame. I don't like Alabama but I HATE Notre Dame.

Later it will be the Sugar Bowl with Clemson vs Ohio State. I'm definitely for Clemson in that one, in fact that's who I want to win the championship.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 8:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Various bowl games.  Watching the Rose Bowl right now and hoping Alabama clobbers Notre Dame.  I don't like Alabama but I HATE Notre Dame.

I watched this game. And I watched Georgia win earlier as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 6:27 pm

So we're stuck with Alabama vs Ohio State for the FBS Championship. Ugh. I actually don't care at all who wins; I just want it to be competitive and based on the performances yesterday, it should be.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 12:56 pm

I'm just going to post this here, but I see that Hall Of Fame manager and Dodger legend Tommy Lasorda has passed away at the ripe old age of 93. RIP sir.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30674374/hall-fame-los-angeles-dodgers-manager-tommy-lasorda-dies-93
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 4:52 pm

yeah I saw that on MLB Network this morning.  He was one of the true characters of the game.

Classic example:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 3:04 pm

007 wrote:
I'm just going to post this here, but I see that Hall Of Fame manager and Dodger legend Tommy Lasorda has passed away at the ripe old age of 93. RIP sir.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30674374/hall-fame-los-angeles-dodgers-manager-tommy-lasorda-dies-93

A very sad moment for the Dodger blue. R.I.P. to one of the greats. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Watching the Ravens and the Titans
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 8:52 pm

Watching Cleveland vs Pittsburgh and the Browns have put up 28 points in the first quarter! Holy crap!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 6:09 am

Yes that was rather embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 8:45 pm

FBS Championship game.

And LOL, we just got a "Ghidorah" reference from Chris Fowler on commentary referring to Ohio State's "three headed monster" offense. That made my night.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Watching the Rams vs Packers game.

The Packers can't stomp the Rams by enough to make me happy.

That's how I watch the NFL these days since I don't have a team anymore (F.U. Stan Kroenke); I just have teams I hate.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6329

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 7:28 pm

NHL is back so I watched three games today.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Watched the Penguin and Capitals today
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 6:31 pm

Watched the KC/Cleveland game. I'm curious to see what Mahomes' status is for next week. He took a shot to the head late in the game and Chad Henne (!) finished up even completing a pass on 4th and inches to propel the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 6:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watched the KC/Cleveland game.  I'm curious to see what Mahomes' status is for next week.  He took a shot to the head late in the game and Chad Henne (!) finished up even completing a pass on 4th and inches to propel the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game.  

I watched that too. If Mahomes can't play next week, I believe the Chiefs will not stand a chance against the Bills
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 7:42 pm

I agree. And I'm rooting against the Chiefs anyway. Not because of any personal animosity toward the team but because their fans insist on doing that STUPID "Indian war chant"! In this age of Cancel Culture how doing that is not a cause for instant outrage is totally beyond me. Damn Braves fans do it too and I root against Atlanta in MLB for the same reason.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Dammit!  I HATE Tom Brady and I don't care what team he plays for.  But the Bucs defense sure put a hurtin' on Drew Brees tonight.  

So we're left with the Chiefs vs the Bills and the Packers vs the Bucs.

Not much for me to pick from from that lot.  Definitely Green Bay from the NFC but from the AFC...meh.  If they didn't do that STUPID chant I'd pick KC but that damn chant is almost enough for me to root for Buffalo.

On paper, Green Bay vs KC seems like the most intriguing Superbowl matchup so I guess I'll go with that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Watching the Lightning and Blue Jackets
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6329

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:22 pm

What a wonderful day for sports!

I started with NHL On the Fly with the super hot Lauren Gardner breaking down the PLD/Laine trade and highlights of the previous night (Hawks didn't play so I didn't watch any full games). Then I watched the final day of the Rolex Series in Abu Dhabi live, with Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood and Tyrrell Hatton battling it out for championship. Hatton played amazing golf and won the tournament. Just great stuff. Made me want to go out and play, but it's inches of snow here and I still have an injured ankle.

Then it was live NHL hockey time. The Blackhawks beat the Red Wings, and Pius Suter scored a hat trick. What a great day already! Detroit sucks!

And now it's NFL conference finals! Buccaneers, Packers.... Brady & Gronk are back and looking for another championship ring. There's the Bills game coming up also, if I can stay up. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow. I must have destroyed 10 beers already.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Watching the Buccaneers and Packers. Although I'm not a big fan of the Packers and Rodgers, I can't stand Brady so by default I'm rooting for the Packers, the only cold place on Earth, if you believe the NFL hype.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Well, looks like I have to root for whoever wins the AFC game. It's a shame really because other than the fact that Tom Brady is their QB I really have no problem with Tampa Bay. And if it was anybody else I'd root for Tampa in the SB especially if KC wins the AFC ( I absolutely HATE that stupid Indian chant - how that's not considered racist in today's social climate I have no idea). But I hate Brady so much that I will even begrudgingly cheer for KC against the Brady-led Bucs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 6:34 pm

^^^ I feel the same way. I'll be rooting for KC because of my close proximity to Buffalo and their insufferable fans.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 6:39 pm

I didn't realize Buffalo spent the whole season staying in the locker room for the National Anthem until I just saw it now.

Now I think I can handle that stupid chant.  

EDIT:  Which of course has ALREADY started!  Damn "rasicists"! It's the same reason I hate the Atlanta Braves; I'd actually like them if their fans didn't do the same damn thing because they have a talented young team. But that stupid chant is like something high school fans do.; it's beyond bush league.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 6:47 pm

So in summary, regardless of who wins the AFC Championship game I'm left with yet another Superbowl where I have absolutely no interest in watching it because I don't like either team and the halftime sucks fulltime. On Superbowl Sunday, I feel a Married With Children marathon coming on with a "halftime" of Puppybowl.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next