Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:33 am

Watched the Home Run Derby last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm

I'll probably watch the ASG tonight.  Apparently one of the Cardinal pitchers is off limits according to the llocal news; I didn't stay tuned long enough to find out who but I'm guessing it's Wacha who is coming off his weird "shoulder blade stress reaction" from last year. But really it could be any of them; Martinez was in the pen last year so he's already thrown more innings than all of last year and as we saw in Pittsburgh after Rosenthal gave up the tying run in one game and blew a save for the first time in over a month the next night, he could use a rest too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Wow.  Typical classless Reds fans booing the crap out of all the Cardinals during the ASG introductions.  No wonder I continue to hate that team even when they suck.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:14 pm

OK, the Cardinal pitcher who is not pitching is Rosenthal.  He woke up this morning with a sore arm.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Typical classless Reds fans booing the crap out of all the Cardinals during the ASG introductions.  No wonder I continue to hate that team even when they suck.

The feeling's mutual.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The feeling's mutual.

Based on what?

I'm just curious.  I used to be pretty indifferent to the Reds until the big brawl several years ago where Johnny "kick like a girl" Cueto permanently scarred Chris Carpenter's back and forced backup catcher Jason LaRue to retire because Cueto went into a brawl kicking people with his cleats on.  That sealed the deal for me.

Yeah St. Louis fans think Brandon Phillips acts like a dick sometimes but we also know he's very cool with Reds fans and does a lot of great stuff in the community so we could have fun booing him at Busch and he knew it.  But that crap with Cueto took it over the edge and I will never get over my hatred of the Reds because of it.

This goes beyond "rivalry".  THe Cardinals have always had a more or less friendly rivalry with the Cubs.  And now we're developing one with the Pirates.  But there is mutual respect in both cases.  But not the Reds.  They have an "attitude".  They could be 0-161 and playing the Cardinals who were 161-0 in the last game of the season and I'd still consider it a lost season if we lost that game because we'd have lost to a team of assholes.

maybe I'll feel differently once the Red dump Cueto because he's the main reason I hate them.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The feeling's mutual.

Based on what?

I'm just curious.  I used to be pretty indifferent to the Reds until the big brawl several years ago where Johnny "kick like a girl" Cueto permanently scarred Chris Carpenter's back and forced backup catcher Jason LaRue to retire because Cueto went into a brawl kicking people with his cleats on.  That sealed the deal for me.

Yeah St. Louis fans think Brandon Phillips acts like a dick sometimes but we also know he's very cool with Reds fans and does a lot of great stuff in the community so we could have fun booing him at Busch and he knew it.  But that crap with Cueto took it over the edge and I will never get over my hatred of the Reds because of it.

This goes beyond "rivalry".  THe Cardinals have always had a more or less friendly rivalry with the Cubs.  And now we're developing one with the Pirates.  But there is mutual respect in both cases.  But not the Reds.  They have an "attitude".  They could be 0-161 and playing the Cardinals who were 161-0 in the last game of the season and I'd still consider it a lost season if we lost that game because we'd have lost to a team of assholes.

maybe I'll feel differently once the Red dump Cueto because he's the main reason I hate them.

No one likes the Cardinals. They are the Yankees of the Midwest. We hate the Cardinals because they always win the clutch games. It's that simple. If the Reds beat the Cardinals all the time no one in Cincinnati would give a damn about them. Also their portrayal by the media as golly-gee-whiz, super nice, humble midwestern folk is a load of crap. They are just as awful as any other team/fans in any other sport.

Frankly, I'm not much of a baseball fan. I grew up in Cincinnati and lived there most of my life and as a result I am a Reds fan, but I barely follow baseball at all. They've won 3 World Series in my lifetime so I couldn't care less whether they win or lose at this point. I've been to way more Pirates games in the past few years since I now live in Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The feeling's mutual.

Based on what?

No one likes the Cardinals.  They are the Yankees of the Midwest.  We hate the Cardinals because they always win the clutch games.  It's that simple.  If the Reds beat the Cardinals all the time no one in Cincinnati would give a damn about them.  Also their portrayal by the media as golly-gee-whiz, super nice, humble midwestern folk is a load of crap.  They are just as awful as any other team/fans in any other sport.  

Frankly,  I'm not much of a baseball fan.  I grew up in Cincinnati and lived there most of my life and as a result I am a Reds fan, but I barely follow baseball at all.  They've won 3 World Series in my lifetime so I couldn't care less whether they win or lose at this point.  I've been to way more Pirates games in the past few years since I now live in Pittsburgh.

See, that I understand.  I get the "We are the Cardinals and we're so f*cking wholesome" thing.  But we are hardly the Yankees of the Midwest.  The VAST majority of our players came up through our own farm system; we didn't go out and buy good players like the Yankees (and for that matter the Red Sox, the Angels, and the Dodgers do). 

But I get the hatred of the phoney "Midwest pomposity" thing.  And most Cardinals fans wish the local media would quit with that crap.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:23 pm

So far the NL runs have been driven in by a Cardinal and a Pirate.

Coincidence?  I don't think so.  At this point those are the NL teams most likely to gain from the home field advantage.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:19 am

My Dodger pitchers gave up the first 3 runs of the ASG. It seems they always give up runs in this game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Royals at White Sox

I like having MLB Network on in the afternoon when I'm working from home except this game featured Chisox announcer Ken 'Hawk" Harrelson who has to be one of the most annoying broadcasters around.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 pm

The Cubs at the Braves.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 12:20 am

Watched the Pirates lackluster performance against the Brewers. About what I expected, they always seem flat after the All Star Break.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 am

Watched Lance Lynn outpitch "Thor" Syndergaard of the Mets as the Cards won 3-2.  Lynn went 7 giving up just 1 run on 3 hits while fanning 9.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Watching the Cardinals shellac Fatboy Colon.   8-0 Cardinals over the Mets in the 5th.

12-2 final.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:41 am

Watched the Pirates lose to the Brewers (again) 8-5. Liriano was supposed to pitch but was bothered by stiffness in his back so the Pirates had Vance Worley step in. He didn't pitch too well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm watching a scoreless marathon between the Mets and the Cardinals.  Going to the 12th with no score.

And now we're tied at 1 heading to the 14th.  I see the Pirates were swept by the Brewers.  That's pretty bad because the Brewers are not good.  I wonder if the Bucs are just feeling a letdown after the nailbiting series they won from St. Louis.  Throw in the All Star break and it would only be natural to start the "second half" playing down to your opponent.  I was worried St. Louis would do that with the Mets although the Mets are a better team than the Brewers.

Thank goodness for Carlos Villanueva.  He's in his 4th inning of relief with 72 pitches. AAA pitcher Tim Cooney started this game and wen 5 2/3. But after that we've burned through relievers.

EDIT: now St. Louis is warming up Carlos Martinez who was supposed to start Tuesday against the Chisox. Martinez hasn't pitched in about 10 days so he could still make that start if he doesn't throw a lot today.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Well the Pirates lost again to the Brewers 6-1, They always are terrible after the All Star Break and the schedule makers did them no favors by having them play in Milwaukee, where they always have a poor showing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Right now it's still 1-1 in the bottom of the 17th between the Cardinals and Mets.  The Mets have left 24 men on base.  24!!!!

Now it's 3-1 Mets in the top of the 18th.

That was the final. The two teams left 38 men on base. 38?!?!??! Holy crap, that's some inept offense.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Watched the Braves beat the Dodgers last night.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Just finished watching the Dodgers fall to the Braves again 4 to 3.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 pm

I'm watching the Cardinals try to hang on against the White Sox.

It was 7-0 at one point but now in the 9th it's 8-5

EDIT: That's the final.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 am

I watched the Pirates sloppy play lead to a 3_1 loss despite a pretty good effort from Gerrit Cole.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Today's baseball matinee courtesy of MLB Network was Mets vs Washington. Pretty interesting game with the Mets leading the whole way until their pen blew it in the bottom of the 8th. Final was Nats-4,Mets-3.

What I like about these MLBN broadcasts is that they use a local feed for the game. So for this one I got to hear Mets announcers Gary Thorne and Ron Darling call the game. They're pretty good actually; I always liked Thorne on ESPN games back in the day.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:09 am

Watched the Pirates lose their fifth out of 6 games, 5-1 to the Royals. Charlie Morton pitched rather well......for 6 innings. They better get their offense in gear or they'll fade fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next