Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Cards beat the Chisox 3-2 last night

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Dammit!

I just saw that the Pirates have traded for Aramis Ramirez. He's what we call a "Cardinal Killer". He just owns us.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Watched the Pirates hammer the Nationals 7-3 behind 3 homers and a strong outing by Francisco Liriano.

And the Pirates need Ramirez. Their bench is awful.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Cards won again tonight behind Lackey.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Watched the Pirates beat the Nationals 7-5. It was nice to see them knock around Scherzer (5 earned runs) after he no-hit them last month.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Cards rookie Tim Cooney picked up his first ML win going 7 and allowing 2 runs.  Cards beat the Braves 4-2.  Grichuk hit his third homerun in 2 games. STL is now a season-high 28 games over .500.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 6:07 pm

Watching MLB Network and they're cutting live to the Phillies/Cubs game every time the Cubs come up because Hamels has a no-no through 7. It's another reason I love watching this channel.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
 STL is now a season-high 28 games over .500.

Amazing. That's why I like beating them. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 6:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching MLB Network and they're cutting live to the Phillies/Cubs game every time the Cubs come up because Hamels has a no-no through 7.  It's another reason I love watching this channel.  

He got it!  First time the Shlubs have been no-hit in 50 years.

Fox Sports 1 just said that was the longest active streak for a team not being no-hit. So much for that.

Last edited by tohostudios on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 7:00 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
 STL is now a season-high 28 games over .500.

Amazing. That's why I like beating them. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Wait until the Kiddie Cubbies get a few years under their belts; the NL Central is going to be the best division in MLB.  You could argue that it already is since it contains the teams with the two best records in the NL.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Watched the Cardinals beat ex-Cardinal Shelby Miller 1-0.  Great pitching duel won by Carlos Martinez who picked up win #11

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

And the Pirates get their asses handed to them tonight. The Cards are running away with the division.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 3:04 pm

i watched Hamels no hit the Cubs yesterday!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 5:19 pm

I saw that on MLB Network.

Cards lost today 3-2. Wacha was shaky in the beginning but settled down. I saw Gerritt Cole got win number 14 too so the Bucs pick up a game in the standings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:37 pm

^^^ Yep. Watched that game. Would have liked the sweep but can't win em all.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:09 am

Watched the Pirates squeak by the Twins last night 8-7 with Kang hitting a solo shot in the top of the 9th to secure the win.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Cardinals being shut out again tonight; through 7 it's 1-0. 

But the worse news is that Holliday pulled up lame in the first inning while running out a ground ball.  Looks like the quad again.

GM John Mozeliak is on the phone as I type this (they showed it on camera).  I hope he's looking for a first baseman.  We have enough guys who can play left if Holliday is done.  We need production from the first base spot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 am

The Cards will be able to replace him easily. They have a great system to deal from.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Well they traded for another version of Mark Reynolds.  We got Brandon Moss from the Indians for our 3rd rated minor league pitching prospect.  Moss has 15 HR but also has a .217 BA.  We already have that kind of production at first base.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Brandon Moss

A former Pirate. They got him in that 3 team deal that sent Jason Bay to Boston and Manny Ramirez to Los Angeles. He didn't fare too well here but has had an okay career since, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Well I was watching the Pirates embarrass themselves, losing to the Reds 9-1. I decided to end the pain and turn it off.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Caught the Pirates vs Reds game. The Pirates finally beat the Reds in Cincy 5-4 on 2 strong back-yo-back defensive plays by Starling Marte in the bottom of the 9th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Wacha was on finally last night going 7 and allowing no runs on 4 hits while fanning 7.  Matt Carpenter finally seems to be waking up his bat as he homered again last night - his third in two days.  Cards shutout the Rockies 7-0.  Back to trying for the elusive 30 games over .500 mark again.  We've had about 4 cracks at it before and always lost.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:09 pm

The Pirates lost to the Reds tonight 4-3. Cole cannot beat that team. And I'm tired of the Pirates making opposing rookie pitchers look like seasoned veterans.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:18 am

The Cardinals do that all the time, especially if the kid pitcher is a lefty. Cards lost 6-2; Lance Lynn was off all night.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next