Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:55 pm

And now it's even worse.  13 men LOB.

It just seems like baseball karma HAS to give this game to the Cards...

When the Cards leave guys on all the time, inevitably they get burned.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Watching the Packers walk all over the Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:18 pm

C'mon Baseball gods, give us a break already!

You've already taken our pitching ace, third place hitter, cleanup hitter, most of the guys we brought up to replace those guys, and now our catcher, new "ace" and new rightfielder. 

I THINK YOU OWE US THIS ONE DAMMIT!!!!!!!
"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 pm

And you're getting it. I told you the Pirates have the ability to screw things up. Melancon, of all people, does the damage. Jackass.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Oh no!!!!!!!

We're getting a lead and they're going to bring in "Rosenhausen".

Just like Izzy used to do; Rosenthal has started making his saves waaaaay too interesting.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 pm

Rosenhausen better be on a REAL short leash.

Here we go...leadoff walk.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:34 pm

I'll say it now, if we lose this game, the division is yours.

Rosenhausen is spent.   Why Matheny keeps trying to use him as a closer is beyond me. It's patently obvious the guy has been overused.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:45 pm

It's over!  3-0 Cardinals.

How was that game even possible??? 

That was about as weird a baseball game as you could find.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 am

Well, that was downright awful , from the home team's perspective. How you can strand 16 runners is beyond me. We can make up a couple of games but unfortunately we have Charlie Morton   sigh  on the mound tonight (if the game gets played; calling for rain).

Last edited by 007 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 10:36 am

Yeah, that was an amazing number of runners to leave stranded.  Almost Cardinal-like.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Cards/Pirates rained out.

But for the day/night doubleheader tomorrow they announced it as Wacha vs Cole then Lyons vs Morton.  Interesting change of pitchers by the Pirates but I can't say I blame them.  Lyons/Morton could be a slugfest and if Wacha is on the first game should be a pitching duel.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Here we go...Game 1 of the split doubleheader.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 2:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Here we go...Game 1 of the split doubleheader.

Wish I could watch that one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Dammit!  Grand slam!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Well game 1 sucked.  8-2 Pirates.  Wacha was awful again.  I hope they don't start him in the playoffs.

This one should be more interesting.  We're starting minor league guy Tyler Lyons (in Carlos Martinez' spot) and the Pirates are starting Morton who hasn't beaten St. Louis since 2011. 

I think I sense a 10-9 type game coming on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 pm

And in typical Morton fashion, the opponent scores a couple runs in the first. He really shouldn't be pitching.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Don't worry.  Lyons will probably be decent first time through the lineup then fall apart. 

I predict this will be a battle of the bullpens.

The good news for the Cardinals was that even though he gave up a run (thanks to Pham misplaying a ball in center), Wainwright looked pretty good in that first game.  His velocity was around 94 and his location was good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I predict this will be a battle of the bullpens.

That's the Pirates only chance this evening.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:39 pm

They're talking to Stephen Piscotty in the dugout about the collision Monday night.  He said the only thing he remembers about the play is chasing after the ball.  Next thing he remembers is being in the ambulance. 

He said he watched the collision with Bourjas once and said "that's probably enough".  He doesn't recall that part at all.  Scary stuff.

EDIT: They also just showed a stat that said first time through a lineup, opponents are hitting .220 against Lyons.  Second time around, it's well over .300.

Bullpen battle.

Last edited by tohostudios on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:42 pm

That was nasty. He's very lucky that it wasn't worse for him.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Wow, here's another stat:

In Jon Jay's last 8 appearances against Morton he's struck out 4 times and been hit 4 times.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:48 pm

PNC Park is restless...

Sounds like they feel about Morton the same way as 007

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

And it's over......
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Turnabout is fair play. 

Don't let up now...

I don't trust Lyons until we get a couple more.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 pm

007 wrote:
And it's over......

Not yet.  If this was a regular Cardinal starter I'd probably agree.  But not Lyons.  He's real prone to sudden, drastic meltdowns.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next