Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 10:49 pm

On another sports front, I see the US needed some "great defensive play" to escape with a 0-0 tie with Sweden in the Women's World Cup.

Oh be still my heart....0-0 ties are sooooo exciting... \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39404

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Caught the last inning of todays Pirates-Phillies games with the Pirates taking the game 4-3 and giving Cole his 10th win of the season.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Watched the Cards take game 2 from Kansas City 4-2. We brought up Tyler Lyons to take the place of Lance Lynn and he went 5 innings and allowed 2 runs on 3 hits while fanning 6. There was a rain delay after the 5th so Matheny elected to go with the bullpen the rest of the way. Trevor Rosenthal got a 4 out save for his league-leading 21st save.

Cards are now 41-21. I find that record amazing considering we've lost our #1 starter, our 4th place hitter and in the last week our #2 starter and our #3 hitter.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 pm

A cool little pitching duel went on today as AJ Burnett pitched 9 scoreless innings and Cole Hamels pitched 7. The game went into the 11th inning and the Pirates win it 1-0 on Josh Harrison's walk off single and sweep the Phillies out of Pittsburgh. And we actually gained a half game on the Cards since they were rained out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:21 am

I was watching the Pirates vs White Sox game. Got to see the almost all of the first inning (and the Pirates build a quick 4-0 lead) when a storm blew in and caused my directv to lose it's signal. Oddly, I'm only about 30 miles northeast of Pittsburgh and the sun was shining down there. After the storms passed and directv came back, I got to see the final 3 innings (and a Pirates 11-0 win).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Well, amid all the breaking news about the FBI probe, the Cards won their 5th game in a row today.

Geez if you're going to hack another team's database, why in the world would you pick the Astros? Unless like some are saying, it's to see if your former employee who was hired as the Astros GM had some of your proprietary information.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 pm

The Pirates beat the White Sox tonight 3-0 behind 7 solid innings by Charlie Morton, who's now 5-0 on the season. This is the Pirates third straight shut out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Like I said before, it's going to come down to the Cardinals and the Pirates for the division.

And now is your chance. So far we've lost our ace and our 4th place hitter for the season, our 3rd place hitter for who knows how long, our #2 starter for 15 days and now our closer for the past week. Now throw in the added distraction of this hacking scandal and if the Cardinals were ever ripe for the picking it's now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Like I said before, it's going to come down to the Cardinals and the Pirates for the division.

And now is your chance.  So far we've lost our ace and our 4th place hitter for the season, our 3rd place hitter for who knows how long, our #2 starter for 15 days and now our closer for the past week.  Now throw in the added distraction of this hacking scandal and if the Cardinals were ever ripe for the picking it's now.

Well , I know there's a lot of baseball left but as well as the Pirates have been playing, they're still 6 games back.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 am

I watched the Pirates beat the White Sox 3-2. Jeff Locke was pretty decent and earned the win. And I see they've gained a game on the Cards.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Cards lost 2-1 to the Twins on a game-tying homer in the bottom of the 8th and a game-winning homer in the bottom of the 9th. I hate losses like that; I'd rather lose 15-0.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Last night I watched the Pirates beat the White Sox 3-2 for the Pirates 8th win in a row. It was Gerrit Cole's 11th win of the season.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:52 pm

The Pirates lost 4-1. Burnett had his worst outing of the season and the offense was non-existent.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:54 pm

And the Cards bombed the Phillies 12-4.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And the Cards bombed the Phillies 12-4.  

Blah ! Lost a game on them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm watching MLB Network and they're cutting in live to the Washington/Pittsburgh game whenever the Pirates bat because Max Scherzer is perfect through 6.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Yeah I just came home and turned the game on. Disappointing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 5:55 pm

He sure is "on" right now.

I thought maybe sitting for 25 minutes when the Nats scored 4 in the 6th might have spelled the end of it. Apparently not.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Wow.  What a nice play by Espinosa in the 8th to preserve it.  I thought it was all over.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Well, it's a no-hitter.  I have to question how Tabata got hit by the pitch to break up the perfect game with only 1 strike to go.  No attempt at all to get out of the way; in fact he sort of leaned into it.  Down 6-0 and the opposing pitcher has a perfect game going and that happens?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Nice to see a game like that. not so nice to see it happen against your team.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Yeah, I know. I always think that when it happens against the Cardinals. But I actually end up rooting for the no-no if we're down by more than a run anyway.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:36 pm

And I do agree, Tabata did look like he leaned a bit into that pitch.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:36 pm

007 wrote:

He absolutely leaned into the pitch and just wanted to ruin the perfect game.....

Caught the end of the game at a friend's today - we all thought the same thing - lean in to ruin the perfect game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 9:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

He absolutely leaned into the pitch and just wanted to ruin the perfect game.....

Caught the end of the game at a friend's today - we all thought the same thing - lean in to ruin the perfect game.

And you know, that's what a player should do. It's up to the stupid ump to call him for doing it, which of course they never do.

IMO there are two ways of looking at it: A) Either the pinch hitter should legitimately try to get on base and not lean into a pitch just to spoil a perfect game where his getting on base isn't going to matter anyway or B) It's the pinch hitter's job to bust up the perfect game in any way possible and hope the ump is too stupid to call him on it.

Obviously (B) was in play here and while I sort of blame Tabata for leaning, it IS his job to get on base in any way possible; it's the bad decision by the ump to let him take first on that play that ruined the perfect game IMO.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next