Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Today MLB Network had the Astros vs The Evil Empire on. Hilarious play that allowed Houston to get their first run. The Yankees' centerfielder and leftfielder each pulled up on a fly to left center letting the ball drop in. Then the leftfielder ran after the ball and kicked it all the way to the wall and the batter circled the bases. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, I hate the Yankees.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm

I watched the Braves and Pirates earlier and their outfielders had a collision resulting in a Pirates run. But they still lost 2 to 1.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 12:23 pm

After 2 long rain delays the Cards completed a sweep of the Shlubs.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Dammit!  I see the friggin' US women's soccer team won again tonight.  

I was so hoping to see them lose. Why?

1) I hate soccer.  It's a boring, stupid sport that will never catch on big time in the US unless "nil-nil" ties are eliminated.
2) Fox's coverage of this boring, stupid sport has actually been superceding the local Fox's station of the massively severe weather we've been having this week (Thanks a lot Fox, we know the US won a damn soccer game but we have no clue if a tornado is approaching my house).
3) I pity the little girls around here who actually think they might make a living someday playing this sport (the same damn Fox affiliate that broadcasts these damn games carried the interviews with these misled little girls).  See point (1) for why these poor, little girls' dreams are doomed.

Yeah, I HATE soccer.   Not just with a passion but with a FIERY HELL-FUELED PASSION since I think this "sport" is part of a plot by the AntiChrist to rule the world.

(Not really, I just hate the damn boring sport)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Watched the Nationals beat the Braves.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:44 am

Watched the Pirates play the Tigers. The Pirates got another strong outing from Gerrit Cole but the bullpen blew it and let the Tigers tie the game. It lasted too long and I went to bed. I see the Pirates pulled it out in 14 innings 5-4.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:51 am

Cards helped Chris Sale of the White Sox as he became the first pitcher to strike out 10 or more batters in 4 consecutive starts. Even so, Lance Lynn kept pace but the pen blew it and St Louis lost 2-1 in 11 innings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:11 am

Watched the Pirates really knock the ball around last night (21 hits) as they beat the Tigers 9-3.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 pm

And they gained another game on the Cards as Lackey pitched really well (2 runs over 7 innings) but the pen blew up in the 9th and the STL offense could only muster 1 run so we lost 7-1.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And they gained another game on the Cards as Lackey pitched really well (2 runs over 7 innings) but the pen blew up in the 9th and the STL offense could only muster 1 run so we lost 7-1.

And still 7 games back. insane
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Finally snapped the 4 game losing streak but the offense still is AWOL.  Cards won today 2-1

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Just finished watching the Pirates beat the Indians 1-0.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 6:28 pm

I saw the end of that game on MLB Network.  Great outing by Locke.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Watching the Phillies and Braves.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Another great pitching performance by the Cardinal starter (7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER) and we had just enough offense for the 3-1 win and a split with San Diego.  The game also featured a dazzling play by 2nd baseman Kolten Wong very reminiscent of an Ozzie Smith play which coincidentally was commemorated today with a giveaway statue of it.  This play will be all over the highlights shows, a back to the infield, stretched out, somersaulting catch.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 5:39 pm

The Pirates took care of business today 5-3 over the Indians. Gerrit Cole gave up 3 early runs but settled down to pitch 8 innings. The Pirates were down 3-0 till a strong 5 run fifth inning.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Watched the Rays beat the Yankees 8 to 1.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:52 pm

nevermore wrote:

Always a good day when the Evil Empire loses.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Always a good day when the Evil Empire loses.

I agree!!!

Now I'm hoping for a SF loss!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Women's World Cup Soccer
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Women's World Cup Soccer

Boo!

I wanted the US to lose somewhere in this tournament; that's how much I HATE soccer.

I dread the day when/if soccer becomes as prevalent on TV here as MLB and the NFL are now.  I think that's the day I'll start following cricket or golf or bowling, any of which has to me more interesting than "futbol".  Blecccch!!!

Yeah, I HATE SOCCER!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Watched the Cardinals and Cubs up to the rain delay.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Watched the Pirates sleepwalk through a 2-1 victory over the Padres.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Cards lost the first game of a split doubleheader 7-4. Tyler Lyons' start wasn't too bad but he walked too many people and by the time the Cards got the offense into gear the pen had already given up 4 more runs to put the game out of reach. Another kid southpaw Tim Cooney starts the nightcap.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 7:32 am

Watched most of the game between the Pirates and the Padres. An almost 2 hour rain delay made me miss the entire thing. Last I saw The Pirates were losing 2-1 but I saw that the Pirates were able to pull off a 3-2 victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next