Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 17

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Have you guys checked out the new Holy Grail album? Fantastic stuff! Worth the purchase.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:03 am

Maidenfan8887 wrote:

Forgot to mention this awesome band I just discovered. Their debut album "Legion Of The Night" was recently released via High Roller Records.

Ooooo, I like that. I'll keep an eye out for that one. High Roller Records have been putting out some real gems lately.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Split Heaven from Mexico. This is from their 4th album, first one with new vocalist that kinda reminds me of James Rivera. Take a listen, won't you?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 6:56 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 7:29 pm

New Monument track from their upcoming album.

It's KILLER.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:20 am

Maidenfan8887 wrote:

It's KILLER.

Hot damn!! How am I just hearing about this band now when they already have an album and an ep out?!?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maidenfan8887 wrote:

It's KILLER.

Hot damn!! How am I just hearing about this band now when they already have an album and an ep out?!?

The band has three guys in it that were formerly in White Wizzard, including their lead vocalist Peter Ellis.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:58 am

I found a reasonably priced copy of Renegades on ebay already. It will be in my cold, clammy hands in no time.

F*CK YEA!!

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I found a reasonably priced copy of Renegades on ebay already. It will be in my cold, clammy hands in no time.

F*CK YEA!!

You will love it!
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 1:18 pm

My current list of NWOTHM bands that I enjoy:

Ambush
Axevyper
Blizzard Hunter
Blizzen
Cauldron
Crimson Fire
Elm Street
Enforcer
Flight (70's rock sound but still elements of metal)
High Spirits
Hitten
Holy Grail (more modern with traditional mixed in)
Katana
Lethal Steel
Midnight Malice (these guys are done unfortunately)
Monument
Night Demon
Portrait
RAM
Ruler
Screamer
Skull Fist
Spellcaster
Stallion
Steelwing (changed their style with new album)
Stereo Nasty
Striker
Volture
White Wizzard

Can I get some more recommendations from the Heart Of Metal community? Smile

Last edited by Maidenfan8887 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 4:14 pm

New Crimson Fire album released today, titled "Fireborn."

Really enjoying it so far. "Right Off The Bat" is a catchy song. Reminds me of Dokken a bit. The song I linked to is "Bad Girl."
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Quote :
New Crimson Fire album released today, titled "Fireborn."

Really enjoying it so far. "Right Off The Bat" is a catchy song. Reminds me of Dokken a bit. The song I linked to is "Bad Girl."

This sounds really good..I see I can download it but cant get the cd till the 10th and its $23 (ouch)..I want this but thats alot of $$...might download it instead or wait to find a used copy on ebay...
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

It's probably my favorite 2016 NWOTHM release so far.
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Sorry for bumping the thread again, but I discovered an awesome band called "Leather Heart". Check out their song "Destiny". They even cover Black Sabbath's "Danger Zone" from Iommi's "Seventh Star" album.

I can't get enough NWOTHM. Smile

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Maidenfan8887 wrote:
Sorry for bumping the thread again, but I discovered an awesome band called "Leather Heart". Check out their song "Destiny". They even cover Black Sabbath's "Danger Zone" from Iommi's "Seventh Star" album.

I can't get enough NWOTHM. Smile

Now that I like!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:41 am

Maidenfan8887 wrote:

Can I get some more recommendations from the Heart Of Metal community? Smile

I came across Satan's Hallow by way of, I believe, Witchfinder posting about getting the single int he music hauls thread. I became obsessed with the two songs, posted on their bandcamp below. Good stuff in a genre that, to me, is getting a little stale.

https://satanshallow.bandcamp.com/releases
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 11:39 am

To be honest this could have just as easily gone in the Retro thread but no-one reads that lol!

This has shades of early Judas Priest (particularly the vocals) so that counts as traditional heavy metal to me.

Either way it rocks, Crusher Records rarely put a foot wrong.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Digging the Monument!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 am

I liked that Hypnos song, I'll have to check them out. A bit more classic rock than traditional metal, but like you said, they rock and it's a retro sound. Good stuff.

And everyone should check out the new Monument album "Hair Of The Dog." It's awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 8:38 am

I've just stumbled across this this, which I really like - essentially a NWOBHM sound with folk/medieval influences.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Citanul wrote:
I've just stumbled across this this, which I really like - essentially a NWOBHM sound with folk/medieval influences.

damn that i really dig. very thin lizzy/wishbone ash, with cool vocals.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Citanul wrote:

I posted about these guys a couple of years ago because it was clear that they had something but their first EP had such a horrible crappy Kvlt NWOBHM sound that it spoiled it.

Glad to see that they are getting their act together.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh and Lethal Steel is cool! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 9:32 am

Just discovered Liquid Steel. They seem to have soom good songs and are really motivated to keep traditional metal alive, but I haven't listened to them in-depth yet. They released an album in 2014 and have a new one coming out next month.
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am

And some AWESOME new Iron Spell!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next