Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?

Go down 
+40
allthingsmetal
Metalgiant
ultmetal
SlaytanicPOWER
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
stepcousin
metalken
nevermore
jstate
Wargod
exact33
DallasBlack
James B.
MoonChild
chewie
onrypt
Joe
Grimmo
bassman
mez
Leatherface
thejokeriv
mc666
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
Gilbert
manny
adrian
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
tohostudios
krokus
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I still listen to Metal, but not a lot of newer Metal...

Same here. I'm stuck in the 80's...

I love the 80s too but during the 90s and today so many great albums came out of bands with a 80s sound and attitude that you dont have to be stuck in the 80s. Also its nice to buy a NEW album today and in 20 years you can say you were there from the beginning. Create your own history, your own memories and my advise would be, dont live on others memories or on past memories, create new ones everyday, get a life!!!!!!!!!!!! (i am not trying to put you down, maybe just trying to open your eyes and ears).

I meant that i prefer the 80's vibe but of coarse i like stuff from the 90's too.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I love the 80s too but during the 90s and today so many great albums came out of bands with a 80s sound and attitude that you dont have to be stuck in the 80s. Also its nice to buy a NEW album today and in 20 years you can say you were there from the beginning. Create your own history, your own memories and my advise would be, dont live on others memories or on past memories, create new ones everyday, get a life!!!!!!!!!!!! (i am not trying to put you down, maybe just trying to open your eyes and ears).

I meant that i prefer the 80's vibe but of coarse i like stuff from the 90's too.

Okay, sorry, i thought you only play 80s albums.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm

These days when I reach for Metal its Priest or Maiden or something with Dio singing...

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Nothing surpasses the 80's vibe IMO

But i'm happy that there are more and more interesting recent releases.

Helly, blood of the nations easily tops the ACCEPT catalogue
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:56 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I'll never stop listening to metal.

It's a way of life, a passion.

How happy are we when we read that our favourite bands are about to release a new album?

Best feeling ever headbanger

At the same time, our favorite bands are aging and retirement is imminent... Slayer, Metallica, Testament etc...

True but will still have the music, plus even death does not stop artist from releasing new music, Hendrix has been dead 40 years and he had a new album out last year.

I know we'll have their albums to look back on but it's not the same when there is no longer any real new releases.

I see what you're saying with Hendrix, but he didn't release those demos for a reason. Not that they're bad but i think the record companies will release anything to make a buck.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:58 pm

krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

My AIC avatar should've been a clue that i listen to 90's stuff too. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

How happy are we when we read that our favourite bands are about to release a new album?

At the same time, our favorite bands are aging and retirement is imminent... Slayer, Metallica, Testament etc...

True but will still have the music, plus even death does not stop artist from releasing new music, Hendrix has been dead 40 years and he had a new album out last year.

I know we'll have their albums to look back on but it's not the same when there is no longer any real new releases.

I see what you're saying with Hendrix, but he didn't release those demos for a reason. Not that they're bad but i think the record companies will release anything to make a buck.

I agree if he had lived, those demos and song sketches would have never seen the light of day
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Is AIX ALICE IN CHAINS??? I dont listen to them but yes, they are from the 90s, i should have known Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Nothing surpasses the 80's vibe IMO

But i'm happy that there are more and more interesting recent releases.

Helly, blood of the nations easily tops the ACCEPT catalogue

Wolf Hoffmann said he purposely wrote that album with the 80's vibe. It's one of the exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 pm

krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Is AIX ALICE IN CHAINS??? I dont listen to them but yes, they are from the 90s, i should have known Laughing

Yeah AIX is Alice in Chains. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:03 pm

I have a feeling must of us will be like this English gentlemen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7826717.stm
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Retiring for good is inevitable and it's sad.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah AIX is Alice in Chains. Laughing

I am a little drunk Wink Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Retiring for good is inevitable and it's sad.

Yep...

Although i think some bands should retire after their first album. Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Gilbert wrote:

Well... second best. Wink
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Quote :
I am a little drunk

I know. just kidding

What are you drinking?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I am a little drunk

I know. just kidding

What are you drinking?

How do you know???
I am drinking beer, listening to WHITE WIZZARD and having a great time on the forum tonight.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:14 pm

manny wrote:
I have a feeling must of us will be like this English gentlemen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7826717.stm

I guess he appeared in one of Metal hammer's issues as a defender of the faith.

Not sure though...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Well... second best. Wink

Nah... I prefer metal Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 pm

krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I am a little drunk

I know. just kidding

What are you drinking?

How do you know???
I am drinking beer, listening to WHITE WIZZARD and having a great time on the forum tonight.

I was kidding, hence the j/k emoticon. Glad you're having a good time!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't see myself ever stopping completely, but I'm already starting to expand my horizons to other genres which I imagine will garner more interest as I get older and mellow out more. Will I be 60 and thrashing around to Evile? Maybe. But I'm just as likely to be tapping my fingers listening to jazz or blues as well.

I've got young kids too, so I have to keep them in line with some good metal. My son's on the right path already, but by the time he's a teen, I'll be in my 50's.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, this thread took off nicely. Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I am a little drunk

I know. just kidding

What are you drinking?

How do you know???

I was kidding, hence the j/k emoticon. Glad you're having a good time!

thanksssssssss. After a week working its nice to relax a little having some drinks Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't see myself ever stopping completely, but I'm already starting to expand my horizons to other genres which I imagine will garner more interest as I get older and mellow out more. Will I be 60 and thrashing around to Evile? Maybe. But I'm just as likely to be tapping my fingers listening to jazz or blues as well.

I've got young kids too, so I have to keep them in line with some good metal. My son's on the right path already, but by the time he's a teen, I'll be in my 50's.

I love the blues. Actually, blues rock is a favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next