Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?

Go down 
+40
allthingsmetal
Metalgiant
ultmetal
SlaytanicPOWER
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
stepcousin
metalken
nevermore
jstate
Wargod
exact33
DallasBlack
James B.
MoonChild
chewie
onrypt
Joe
Grimmo
bassman
mez
Leatherface
thejokeriv
mc666
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
Gilbert
manny
adrian
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
tohostudios
krokus
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:26 pm

manny wrote:
I think the difference for me personally, is that when I was a young teenager, I rarely would go outside the genre of metal/hard rock/punk etc, it was all consuming. Of course at that age I also could afford to spend time being consumed by my interest, no wife, kids, real job etc, and a band like Genesis I did not give the time of day too because they were not 'heavy' enough, which I realize is a dumbass reason not to like a band.

As I have gotten older, I listen to all kinds of music that the kid I was back then would have dreamed of, your taste in music, at least my case got broader.

Still love the bands I grew up with but added lots of new bands and I am still rediscovering old bands that I missed the first time around, and personally I will listen to metal til I take my dirt nap.

That sums it up nicely for me too. Just take out Genesis (who I still wouldn't listen to) and replace with Pink Floyd.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I know i'll probably listen to metal in one form or another 'til i die. Most likely classic metal and hard rock but i wouldn't rule out melodic thrash either.

(love me some Annihilator and Flotsam & Jetsam)
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 am

I used to talk with my friends back in high school about this, we would agree to not being stuck on one genre or not kill certain band by overplaying it. Also that we would eventually stop listening to extreme metal.

Today 5 years later, not so long ago but still a little more older, I listen to more extreme music that I would before, and my taste has grown wider, even going to PUNK, and Ska.
So the theory of stop or reducing the intensity of extreme metal still something I want to find out how it ends up

I have gone trough times when I lost the interest in metal, 2 times in my life. and right now I am going on the second . I had been listening to fusion Jazz on the last month to keep me sane, and this week I started to listening metal again, but don't feel it like before. I hope when I pull myself back together I can enjoy music like I always had
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am

Troublezone wrote:
I know i'll probably listen to metal in one form or another 'til i die. Most likely classic metal and hard rock but i wouldn't rule out melodic thrash either.

(love me some Annihilator and Flotsam & Jetsam)

Annihilator all the way till the grave, and beyond headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6