Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?

Go down 
+40
allthingsmetal
Metalgiant
ultmetal
SlaytanicPOWER
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
stepcousin
metalken
nevermore
jstate
Wargod
exact33
DallasBlack
James B.
MoonChild
chewie
onrypt
Joe
Grimmo
bassman
mez
Leatherface
thejokeriv
mc666
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
Gilbert
manny
adrian
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
tohostudios
krokus
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Personally i think i will listen to classic metal and hard rock for the rest of my life... but i can't see myself listening to the super heavy thrash or death metal into my 70's. Laughing

What about you?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I see my self listening to everything between glam and black metal when i am 70, like i did when i was 14. Why not????
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:18 pm

I keep expecting to wake up one day with an overwhelming desire to listen to Celine Dion. Nope. In fact my tastes get weirder as I get older.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I keep expecting to wake up one day with an overwhelming desire to listen to Celine Dion. Nope. In fact my tastes get weirder as I get older.

I know what you mean Toho.Seems like the older I get the Heavier I like stuff.I cant see ever giving up my metal.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:22 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 pm

I currently still love thrash and death metal, but when you get old people tend to mellow out... I won't know for sure 'til i get there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm

But looking at what some of the older dudes on here are sayin'... there is a good chance i will still like the super heavy stuff (or at least have a broader range of taste).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:31 pm

I still don't like death metal but then, I never did. But back in the late 90s I discovered industrial metal and stuff like KMFDM and Ministry still sounds great to me all these years later.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
But looking at what some of the older dudes on here are sayin'... there is a good chance i will still like the super heavy stuff (or at least have a broader range of taste).

Broder range of taste outside our metal movement is not necesary. Keep being true to your way of life, the metal way. There are 1000000 of albums to listen of metal that you dont need to listen to other styles of music (but you can do what you want of course Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? 754598 )
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Growing up with so many different musical styles and genres, metal being one of them, I doubt I'll stop listening.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Who is the oldest member of this board anyway? Razz
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

I still listen to Metal, but not a lot of newer Metal...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Nope. Though my wife probably wishes I would stop listening to it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm

krokus wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Broder range of taste outside our metal movement is not necesary. Keep being true to your way of life, the metal way. There are 1000000 of albums to listen of metal that you dont need to listen to other styles of music (but you can do what you want of course Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? 754598 )

I rarely listen to stuff outside metal but i do like some of the melodic rock of the 70's and 80's. U2, Tears for Fears etc...

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Regardless of Monty's opinion, I think metal is a "lifestyle", more than most genres. I am an old fart and I still tear up the pit as often as possible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Regardless of Monty's opinion, I think metal is a "lifestyle", more than most genres. I am an old fart and I still tear up the pit as often as possible.

And that is very cool. headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm still young, but I can't see myself stopping. My earliest memories in life are of listening to Scrolls of the Megilloth and I still do, though nowadays I'm much more into thrash than death. Maybe I am mellowing out
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here and my wife wishes I would stop listening and buying metal music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

She's amazed that even though metal is considered "dead" to much of the outside world, I still manage to keep discovering new bands and bring home more CDs. I sez "blame the internet." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Same here. I'm stuck in the 80's...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 pm

I'll never stop listening to metal.

It's a way of life, a passion.

How happy are we when we read that our favourite bands are about to release a new album?

Best feeling ever headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

She's amazed that even though metal is considered "dead" to much of the outside world, I still manage to keep discovering new bands and bring home more CDs. I sez "blame the internet." Laughing

There will always be an underground for metal no matter how hard Mtv tries to ignore it!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Same here. I'm stuck in the 80's...

I love the 80s too but during the 90s and today so many great albums came out of bands with a 80s sound and attitude that you dont have to be stuck in the 80s. Also its nice to buy a NEW album today and in 20 years you can say you were there from the beginning. Create your own history, your own memories and my advise would be, dont live on others memories or on past memories, create new ones everyday, get a life!!!!!!!!!!!! (i am not trying to put you down, maybe just trying to open your eyes and ears).

Last edited by krokus on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Gilbert wrote:

How happy are we when we read that our favourite bands are about to release a new album?

At the same time, our favorite bands are aging and retirement is imminent... Slayer, Metallica, Testament etc...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

At the same time, our favorite bands are aging and retirement is imminent... Slayer, Metallica, Testament etc...

True but will still have the music, plus even death does not stop artist from releasing new music, Hendrix has been dead 40 years and he had a new album out last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?   Is there an age when you stop listening to metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an age when you stop listening to metal?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next