Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Empty
PostSubject: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 pm

I bought the torrid recs press on ebay last week and I can not stop throwing it on whenever I turn on my stereo. So many fantastic riffs and rad songwriting in my opinion, oh, and the drumming...god the drumming.. 🤘 ..I really dont think I will get tired of it anytime soon.

Last time I remember being this excited this much by a badass disc like this was when I first got Vengeance Risings human sacrifice disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

It's the best thrash debut evah, IMO. Too bad they couldn't make such a consistent album ever again. You're right, Stender. That baby is riff-tastic and addictive!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Excellent album. Riffs out the wazoo! One of the best to be released in those early days of the Bay Area movement.

I differ from Spec slightly. I think their first three were great. Sure, some songs on Pleasures and Fabulous were "meh". However, the rest of the tunes make up for it, IMO!

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Don't get me wrong (The Pretenders), I love their first 4, with "Impact" being my favorite. But as a full album, the band was never as consistent as they were at the very beginning.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 pm

That I can agree with. Consistency went out the window. Some of the songs from the next 3 to come could easily beat the snot out of a couple on Bonded, though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm

I have NEVER heard this album, or any song by Exodus for that matter. They aren't faux evil or anything are they?

My thrash likes only involve Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Though I've liked what I have heard from Raven and Diamond Head too. Do you think I would like this album?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I have NEVER heard this album, or any song by Exodus for that matter. They aren't faux evil or anything are they?

My thrash likes only involve Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Though I've liked what I have heard from Raven and Diamond Head too. Do you think I would like this album?

I havent got tired of it yet...best bay area thrash band IMO. I would definately get it if I were you. The lyrics arnt really evil perse...just really violent.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

GREAT album!!! I wore out my tape in high scool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Meh,give me Pleasures of the Flesh or Fabulous Disaster any day.I always liked Zetro better.There are some good songs on BBB however.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 pm

I thought by the title 🤘
perhaps you were refering to this...

Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! BondedByBlood-FeedTheBeast
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Meh,give me Pleasures of the Flesh or Fabulous Disaster any day.I always liked Zetro better.There are some good songs on BBB however.

Everything is a good song on BBB! Exodus and strike of the beast are a little less interesting, but man I can not get over how much this band shreds...

As for Souza over Baloff...hmm I dont know, Baloff had a real badass thrash attitude delivery a little more so than Zetro I think, so I go with him....Zetro is awesome too though..Toxic waltz is a rad track.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 am

thrasher73 wrote:

I'm with you, although I really like the new recording "Let there Be Blood".

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I'm with you, although I really like the new recording "Let there Be Blood".

Yeah I spin Let there be Blood quite a bit.I like the songs,Baloffs vocals just never did anything for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!   Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonded by blood...can't stop listening!!
Page 1 of 1