Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Empty
PostSubject: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=d095345b-9164-4b0b-aa68-bb61da73731e

This article is even more proof of it. It's not fair how the media never mentions when Alan Jackson or Toby Keith or any other George W. Bush loving country singers have their fans shoot people, but if it's metal, then they're all over it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:36 pm

meh, metal still sells. probably even sells more.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:49 pm

It used to bother me how the media seemed to single out "heavy metal", but over the years I've gotten over it and could care less. It's an easy target for lazy journalists.

As we've seen time and time again, when you dig a little deeper into the minds/background of these disturbed people that carry out heinous acts, you'll see that their problems began way before they had listened to "devil music".
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Funny stuff, these people need a scapegoat so people go for a more rebellious, anti-conformist, kind of music. They go for metal instead of other kinds of music which relate to violence/death.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Ha ha but you see little anymore about rappers and hip hoppers killing each other. That is worse than anything else out there!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 9:58 pm

It's totally metal when country fans shoot people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans   The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The media needs to stop discriminating metal and its fans
Page 1 of 1