Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Trunk

Go down 
+44
BubbaTwoSix
the sentinel
ultmetal
666_Evil_666
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
Boris2008
Andy
brokentulsa
stepcousin
stpatrik
James B.
skullkrusher
mlotek
TheDoctor'sScarf
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Getizzyback
sheets
Panteralover23
jstate
FlyingV
mr.electric39
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
Jesusandmetal23
Addy
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
chewie
manny
Wargod
Troublezone
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I posted this in the Dokken thread in RIP section. Maybe more will see it here. I thought it was interesting...

Quote :
Last night on Eddie Trunk's radio show, George Lynch had some interesting and brutally honest things to say about Dokken, the man and the band. Simply put, there will never be a full-on reunion again unless Don splits up the money equally, 25% to each of the 4 members like the "old days". Don says it's his name, his band, so he should get a bigger cut.

According to George, the Guitar Hero people approached him to use 'Mr. Scary' as a track. He said fine by him and although he wrote it himself, he was willing to take his 25% and give the other 75% to Mick, Jeff and Don. Then Don and his lawyers went in and blew the whole deal. And that kids, is why 'Mr. Scary' doesn't appear on Guitar Hero.

interesting, wasn't there supposed to be a reunion tour this year with Dokken? George and Don did a That Metal Show together last year, and let fans know. I wonder if that's off now? If it's still on, Hell just got a little bit colder....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I posted this in the Dokken thread in RIP section. Maybe more will see it here. I thought it was interesting...

Moved it to the main area, more important than some of the items on there at present
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:04 am

Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
Last night on Eddie Trunk's radio show, George Lynch had some interesting and brutally honest things to say about Dokken, the man and the band. Simply put, there will never be a full-on reunion again unless Don splits up the money equally, 25% to each of the 4 members like the "old days". Don says it's his name, his band, so he should get a bigger cut.

According to George, the Guitar Hero people approached him to use 'Mr. Scary' as a track. He said fine by him and although he wrote it himself, he was willing to take his 25% and give the other 75% to Mick, Jeff and Don. Then Don and his lawyers went in and blew the whole deal. And that kids, is why 'Mr. Scary' doesn't appear on Guitar Hero.

interesting, wasn't there supposed to be a reunion tour this year with Dokken? George and Don did a That Metal Show together last year, and let fans know. I wonder if that's off now? If it's still on, Hell just got a little bit colder....

Well, considdering that George just made these commen live on the air this past Monday night just before a show that night with Lynch Mob, I'd say a re-union is out of the question for anytime in the foreseeable future. He did say "never say never" so it's not like George wouldn't do it, but until the business side of things get sorted out, it ain't happening.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:13 pm

I just caught a glimpse of a commercial, That Metal Show season premiere, some time March 19th, and it looked like someone from Metallica as a guest, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 am

Getizzyback wrote:
I just caught a glimpse of a commercial, That Metal Show season premiere, some time March 19th, and it looked like someone from Metallica as a guest, but not sure.

Kirk Hammet is a guest this season.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

A bit of hyperbole in order to drum up interest in his book, despite me ragging on the Eddie "Ace has seen me naked' Trunk, I am sure I will purchase or at least read the book sometime down the road.

If hard rock and heavy-metal journalism have their own Eddie Murrow, it's Eddie Trunk. Via his web site, as a co-host of VH1 Classic's That Metal Show, and his programs on both terrestrial and satellite radio, Trunk brings a professional's objectivity and a fan's passion together in one persona.

In this book, Trunk picks 35 "essential" bands of the genre, from AC/DC, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth to Poison, Rush, Slayer, and Van Halen. Each group gets a chapter that runs down their history, discography, obscure trivia, and Trunk's own suggested "playlist."

But what makes the book a joy to read are Trunk's own anecdotes and stories of his interactions with musicians over the years - including some of whom became personal friends, like Ronnie James Dio and Rob Halford - as well as his brutally-honest opinions about some of their career moves and music.

Trunk may be the biggest KISS fan on the planet, but he still takes Gene and Paul to task for putting Ace and Peter's makeup on two different players. He also spotlights overlooked music from many groups. Overall, it's enough to satisfy both the neophyte and the hardcore of any act.

The book also looks great with high-quality, slick paper, mostly unseen concert shots spanning years, and band memorabilia.

If there is a quibble, it's that the chapters aren't long enough, and Trunk does repeat a few of the same stories. (Yes, we know he's friends with baseball's Mike Piazza...) Minor issues to be sure. Hard rock and heavy metal music have no better champion and critic than Eddie Trunk, and this book reflects that in abundance.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Eddie Trunks book compared to Martin Popoffs books is like night and day. Eddie knows the more commercial side of hard rock/metal bands where as Martin knows a vast more bands.

I'd still like to read it to see what he wrote.

I watched last nights show and boy does he hate the R&R of shame with a passion. Those other 2 clowns along his side are his toadies. I like the show since it is the only one of it's kind on cable but they do need to improve it a tad bit more and make the show more than 7 weeks long and have more guests instead of the same ones all the time. There is a world of them out there.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm

I caught last night too - great rant on the rnr all of shame!!! Except I don't think he is why Cooper got in, but I agree that people need to make more noise about what a joke it is. On the negative side, he kissed Ace's a$$ way too much last night!!! They enjoyed hammering away a Gene - lol.

I would have taken Jake E Lee over Zak in the throw down
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 am

Dang! Was that the season premier? I forgot it was on. Oh well, I'm sure I'll catch one of the 100 or so replays this week.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:43 pm

There was a story about Eddie Trunk's book in one of our papers yesterday. He's doing a book signing in the area tomorrow (at the same bookstore where I met Dave Mustaine last summer)...no, I will not be in attendance...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Eddie Trunk - Page 3 67-56

Darn.......thought I was "F'ugly"

Is this your new boyfriend or the dude in the next cubicle at work ?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm

It might be me.

I don't recall being that bald, old or white, but it's been awhile since I've looked in the mirror.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It might be me.

I don't recall being that bald, old or white, but it's been awhile since I've looked in the mirror.
Laughing very hard

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

^^^^^^^
makes me think of the jack Nicholson line in Batman....."wait till they get a load of me"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:18 pm

http://hornsuprocks.blogspot.com/2011/09/eddie-trunk-discusses-big-four-at-metal.html

"Eddie Trunk is without a doubt the most knowledgeable media personality in Heavy Music".

I can't believe that somebody actually started off the article with this quote. Wow! I don't dislike the guy, but I routinely beat the guy on "Stump the Trunk", and I don't even consider myself an expert. Unless it's stuff about UFO, KISS, or maybe Overkill, I just don't see Eddie as the most knowledgeable metal aficionado walking the Earth. He's a good ambassador regarding his love of metal and railing on the stupid organization that is the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame, but that's where it ends.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

I know alot of you folks have wondered what ten albums changed Eddie " I wore Ace's make up at party once' Trunk's life, without wonder no more, here they are:

Gold Mine Magazine asked Eddie about the 10 albums that changed his life and here is the records he chose:

1. Raspberries, Go All The Way:

Go All The Way was the first time I ever heard distorted electric guitar and power chords. I was a kid in my parents’ back seat, and it came through the AM radio, and my hair stood up. Raspberries were the first real rock I ever heard, and I was consumed instantly.

2. KISS, Destroyer:

The first real heavy rock I heard and the band that really started it all for me as a crazed fan. This was my first Kiss album. I remember dropping the needle, hearing Detroit Rock City and starring at the cover of the album. I was 12 and Kiss changed my life and set me on a path of rock obsession I’m still on!

3. UFO, Strangers in The Night:

One of the greatest live album of all time and one of my favorite albums ever. Tragically underrated melodic hard rock by one of my all-time favorite bands. This is them at their peak.

4. Aerosmith, Toys in the Attic:

I actually like Rocks better, but Toys was my first, and after KISS, Aerosmith became my next big obsession.

5. Billy Squier, Don’t Say No:

The first album I ever cued up on a college station while still in high school. Billy is a tremendous talent, and this is one of his greatest albums.

6. Metallica, Kill ’Em All:

The first real thrash I ever heard. I was in my first year of metal radio and Jonny Z drove to my studio and asked me to play this when nobody else would. I did, had no idea what I was hearing, but knew it was a game changer.

7. Judas Priest, British Steel:

Classic British metal at its finest from one of the Gods of the genre.

8. Ace Frehley, Frehley’s Comet:

The first artist I ever had a hand in signing to a label and working in the studio with. Nine years after my first show ever (KISS @ MSG), I had signed the band’s lead guitarist to his first solo deal and was in the studio with him.

9. Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell:

The Dio Sabbath was my introduction to the band, then I went back and discovered the other stuff, but this album is amazing, and Dio was a God.

10. Van Halen, Van Halen:

I remember getting this album from a record club. I knew I was hearing something that was going to change everything instantly.

source: goldminemag.com
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Surprised UFO didn't make #1. Or Skid Row's Subhuman Race. Razz

What is Gold Mine exactly? Are they music or do they just talk about random old stuff?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

What is Gold Mine exactly? Are they music or do they just talk about random old stuff?

Goldmine is a publication aimed at collectors of rare records and music memorabilia.

http://www.goldminemag.com/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 pm

[quote="metalinmyveins"]http://hornsuprocks.blogspot.com/2011/09/eddie-trunk-discusses-big-four-at-metal.html

"Eddie Trunk is without a doubt the most knowledgeable media personality in Heavy Music".

I can't believe that somebody actually started off the article with this quote. Wow! quote]

Indeed that is a horrible quote. How anyone paying attention of a Trunk show and still think that is beyond me. Apart from past examples from metalinmyveins and other posters have stated in this thread, I can come up with some others that, IMO, someone in Eddie's age group and preferred era and supposed interest in Metal should have knowledge about. I remember Halford being on the radio show during the Ressurection era talking about his band members, mentioning Jarzombek and Riot, where Trunk replied something along the lines of "THE classic Riot?". Rob didnt know, and, apparantly neither did Eddie. Cmon man, Jarzombek was in Riot for some 12 years straight before hooking up with Halford! I also recall Trunk stating he didnt know of Iced Earth at all before Ripper joined em. Now, if he hadnt actually heard the band wouldve been one thing (though still bad, IMO), but he had not actually heard OF them. And, icing on the cake, one Stump the Trunk episode, with Ronnie Dio and Geezer Butler present, he was aked the last DIO album to feature Viv Cambell, to which he replied "Strange Highways?". I really hope he was joking on that last one, its common knowledge for anyone just a tad into 80's Metal that Sacred Heart is the correct answer. There's obviously more, that was just some examples I thought of at the moment. Really, just about anyone on Metal discussion boards could probably eat Trunk for breakfast in Metal knowledge. How this man came to this position is beyond me.

I could probably not endure hourlong episodes of That Metal Show. I dont care for this type of superficial "bunch of buddies chatting by the campfire" style of interviews, and neither do I find the humour appealing. Peace.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 pm

i don't put much stock in what celebrities think and I don't lose any sleep about their opinions. I watch the show for reasons other than the 3 hosts. I usually fastforward over the top 5 lists at the beginning (but i gotta see Jennifer's weekly appearance Shocked ). I watch about 30 minutes of the 60 minutes they show on VH1.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

stpatrik wrote:
And, icing on the cake, one Stump the Trunk episode, with Ronnie Dio and Geezer Butler present, he was aked the last DIO album to feature Viv Cambell, to which he replied "Strange Highways?". I really hope he was joking on that last one, its common knowledge for anyone just a tad into 80's Metal that Sacred Heart is the correct answer. There's obviously more, that was just some examples I thought of at the moment.

The one that always makes me laugh when I think of it is when he was asked Nico's connection to Iron Maiden before he became the drummer. Eddie was totally stumped and when he was informed that Nico used to be Clive's drum tech and would also wear the costume on stage, Eddie flipped out and kept insisting...over and over...that they were messing with his head. It was almost painful how clueless the guy was Smile
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Quote :
"Eddie Trunk is without a doubt the most knowledgeable media personality in Heavy Music

They always seem to mistake knowledgeable with well known. I've come to kind of enjoy the Stump The Trunk segments as it now plays like an inside joke - the smart guy who doesn't know the answers. A lot of the comedy on the show seems to revolve around busting on Eddie.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 pm

I am not impressed with Eddie at all. He acts childish if he doesn't get his way on the top 5 list and stump the trunk. he knows very little about current metal, European Metal, 80s NWOBHM, second tier (yet still famous) 80s hair bands and seems to have a disgust for anything to do with white metal. He has the same guest over and over and doesn't really keep up with current releases by old bands (except UFO Razz )
And yes, I could stump him on 80s metal questions all day long. Eddie Trunk - Page 3 499945
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am

Eddie " I know more about metal then you' Trunk will have a rep from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on his radio show, I don't get his syndicated show where I live but it should be interesting here is his blurb:

will be live tomorrow on SiriusXM Boneyard channel 38 starting at 6P ET/3P Pacific for Eddie Trunk Live. Vernon Reid of Living Colour will be dropping by for a bit, plenty or music, calls and more. Yes it is true! The President of the R&R Hall Of Fame Foundation is coming to Eddie Trunk Live to discuss the Hall and my feelings about it! Joel Peresman from the Hall will be in studio 12/19 at 6:30PM ET for a discussion about one of my favorite targets, how it works, why it works that way, your calls, and more. Joel does NOT make the decisions on who goes in exclusively, but he is the top guy for the R&R Hall Foundation and hopefully we can make some progress and figure out why these injustices for so many great legendary rock bands have taken place for decades! I appreciate Joel stepping up in response to my years of rants on TV and Radio. Nice to know they are paying attention and he is at least willing to hear us out. As usual with the SiriusXM show you must have a subscription with a radio or online to listen. Also be aware the show does NOT replay (the company's decision, not mine!) so do not miss this interview!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:23 pm

I don't get that either but that would be a great listen. Too bad because I'd love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddie Trunk
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next