Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Trunk

Go down 
+44
BubbaTwoSix
the sentinel
ultmetal
666_Evil_666
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
Boris2008
Andy
brokentulsa
stepcousin
stpatrik
James B.
skullkrusher
mlotek
TheDoctor'sScarf
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Getizzyback
sheets
Panteralover23
jstate
FlyingV
mr.electric39
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
Jesusandmetal23
Addy
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
chewie
manny
Wargod
Troublezone
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
My top 10 for this year wouldn't include Metal Church, Sabbath, or Purple either. F*ck me too I guess.

I'm not sure that they will make mine either but I will at least give them an honorable  mention if they don't.
That's what makes them personal lists. I'll save my votes (including honorable mentions) for albums I like. I don't care if the oldest band in existence put out an album this year. If I don't care for it, I won't mention it.

Perhaps Eddie felt the same.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've never even heard the Winery Dogs. I'm sure they're a talented bunch but the mere fact that Eddie Trunk had something to do with their formation has kept me away. Yeah, I'm shallow like that.

You're not missing much - I gave it a shot, thought it was boring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I've still never seen Eddie Trunk, I'm trying to keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
You're not missing anything. He's a douche bag blow hard.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
My top 10 for this year wouldn't include Metal Church, Sabbath, or Purple either. F*ck me too I guess.

I'm curious. Are any of Trunk's albums in your top 10?

thejokeriv wrote:
Actually, Eddie did a pretty decent list this year. This is no where near a mess. Obviously Winery Dogs was going to be # 1, ET the Extra Testicle helped put them together.... and the guy can't ever shut up about Richie K. Good to see him include Queensryche, but then he has to kiss The Geoff's ass in his write up.... Good calls on Stryper, Motorhead and Scorpion Child. I do like the new Megadeth too.

I too am glad he mentioned Stryper. I'm looking forward to the day he recognizes other Christian artists. If that day ever comes.

The problem is these are all bands that he has the strongest relationships with. It's a PR haven. Which makes it even more confusing given that he and Tony and Bill are close, and Eddie worships the ground they walk on. He gave 13 superior marks on his show...why didn't he include it here? Anyway my point is that Geoff, Todd, Dave, Sweet, Lemmy, Richie, Portnoy, Vinny, Tremonti, etc. are guys he would have picked as best men for his wedding (save for Scorpion Child, whom I have heard very little of). I like half of these albums too...but there are too many important albums that should have been at least mentioned.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:27 pm

I think its a pretty good list, and my list would include both Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, but I make no secret I am a major fanboy of both bands.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:

He looks like he's been deep fried in smug.

Fact is he's compiled a list of his mates/people who will go on his crappy show and called it a best of 2013. I'll be willing to bet that Sabbath turned him down this year.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I'm curious. Are any of Trunk's albums in your top 10?
Top 10? No. I do like the Motörhead, Stryper, & Skid Row releases he mentions though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:38 am

Well those on that list are his choices, if that's what he likes so be it. I'm only interested in 3 of those and maybe 2 on his honorable mention list.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:38 am

Oh and I've never heard of the Winery Dogs either.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm

So apparently there was a lot of heat over this (surprise) and Trunk revisited his list, putting Sabbath at 5.5.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So apparently there was a lot of heat over this (surprise) and Trunk revisited his list, putting Sabbath at 5.5.

How lame is that? Bcuz ppl fuss he puts an album in there?  Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

A POPULAR bands name shouldn't qualify them for a Top 10 list.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

How lame is that?  Bcuz ppl fuss he puts an album in there?   Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

A POPULAR bands name shouldn't qualify them for a Top 10 list.  

He actually stated it was an oversight on his part. Which is true; he ranted the hell out of that album when it came out. That's why it made zero sense to me at first when it didn't make the list.

I'm laughing a bit at the 5.5, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Quote :
He looks like he's been deep fried in smug.

"Deep Fried in Smug" would be an awesome band name.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 pm

The only ones I'd agree on with Trunk are Queensryche, Motorhead and Megadeth.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Winery Dogs is a good listen, don't think it'll be a top 10 though. Not a terrible list, he's done worse.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:20 am

What a blowhard!!!!

" Easily my favorite of the year, and NOT because they are friends and I had something to do with their formation! "
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:17 pm

manny wrote:
What a blowhard!!!!

" Easily my favorite of the year, and NOT because they are friends and I had something to do with their formation! "

This. He had me shaking my head at that OPENING SENTENCE. Dude is a pooooor writer, and anyone can easily read between the lines what he's actually trying to say: "I'm a f*cking rock star who hangs out with rock stars." As stated very well here already, "smug." Here he's obviously giving himself credit while feigning a humble spirit. And this is what spells out his intentions with his list there on.

I suggest also reading his replies to the comments regarding the list on his website (I have a couple on there myself he replied to). Again, smug. He undercuts anyone who disagrees with his list in an overly defensive nature, telling everyone off. Not sure that's a great way to handle your fans.

And again, can't write to save his life.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

I've seen a lot of high praise for Winery Dogs. Bored me, but I admit I haven't listened to the entire album.

I don't disagree with him excluding Sabbath or Purple. Okay albums, but nothing special. Would be fine if both bands called it a day. I'd actually prefer it in the case of Sabbath.

Megadeth is on the fence for making my own Top 10. Stryper and Buckcherry are definitely up there for me though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Winery Dogs was GOOD, but nothing more than that. Just a straight-forward rock album, no frills, no surprises, no stinkers either and great musicianship as expected. I listened to it and I heard what I had expected to hear. To that it, it is extremely predictable in nature. That's not a complaint, but it sure does make me scratch my head in wondering why it would make #1 in anyone's top 10.

Sabbath and Purple's albums are Sabbath and Purple. My issue here is I'm hearing critical reactions against both releases but I'm not hearing anything specific. No one really has a case against them. I expected 13 to be the greatest comeback album of the 21st century, and to that end I was not surprised. What is surprising, however, is that I'm suddenly realizing my opinion is in the minority.

I mean, did anyone actually listen to how Tony is playing the hell out of each song??
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Why do we care if he's friends with them? He's an annoying dude, sure but so is half of rockdom. Dee can be douchy but I love House of Hair.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Why do we care if he's friends with them? He's an annoying dude, sure but so is half of rockdom. Dee can be douchy but I love House of Hair.

You want a Douche circus? Check out the Dee Snider roast that was on some months ago. Wow. And Trunk was there as well of course.

I mean, talk about unfunny people desperately trying to be funny. Steel Panther was the worst.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Douche circus. There's a punk band name.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Make it Eddie Trunk's Douche Circus and you then have a crust or grind band name.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I expected 13 to be the greatest comeback album of the 21st century, and to that end I was not surprised. What is surprising, however, is that I'm suddenly realizing my opinion is in the minority.

I mean, did anyone actually listen to how Tony is playing the hell out of each song??

I happen to love 13, but I'm a big Sabbath fanboy.

In my limited perception, it seems like people were all over 13 when it was first released, but many now are coming out with less favorable opinions.

It doesn't bother me, it's just their opinions. I just find it curious.

Seems almost like the reverse for Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddie Trunk
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next